DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Ultimate Showdown: PART DEUX - GAME OVER, Town Wins

Darthe

Other than that it has been despo rolling his eyes at people not doing what he wants

Despo is over confident, preachy, defended Dice, accused me of being mafia because I wouldn't do what he wanted.

When did you turn into such a troll Ithi? HOW IS THIS TROLLISH? AND YOU DO ACCUSE HER OF BEING MAFIA. THAT IS WHAT IT MEANS WHEN YOU TAKE AWAY A TOWN READ.

Do you have some kind of role mechanic that activates when you misrep or something? I never accused you of being mafia. I never tried forcing you to do anything. I asked you a question. You've been acting like a petulant little child about the whole affair and have just misrepresented the whole situation since. It's quite annoying.   THAT IS ALSO A PERSONAL INSULT. PLEASE JUST STOP.

I just had an odd thought too. Since Ithi is a double voter and appears to be town and Tess are one slot but Despo says he can basically double up Tommy's vote would it not make more sense for them to not be town for balance purposes?

:rolleyes:

I just had an odd thought too. Since Ithi is a double voter and appears to be town and Tess are one slot but Despo says he can basically double up Tommy's vote would it not make more sense for them to not be town for balance purposes?

Isn´t it the other way around? Three players - three votes. Makes sence. Not sure it has anything to do with balance at all since we have all kind of weird roles. Can´t you just stop trying to make Des look like mafia in every  post?

I´m town. 

Actually it would be a total of 4 votes from 2 game slots and was just a thought. 

I call it like I see it.

Someone needs to learn to count slower.

Dom + Tess + Ithi = how many slots again Turin? Cause the answer is >2. NO. IF YOU ARE THE HYDRA THAT EVERYONE SEEMS TO BELIEVE THEN YOU SHARE A ROLE AND A SLOT. IF YOU WISH TO DENY THAT THEN WE WILL START TREATING YOU AS SEPARATE ENTITIES. YOU ARE LOOKING TO HAVE IT BOTH WAYS.

This entire wave of postings is just a blatant attempt to divert from the fact that Ithi was right about Dice and you were defending him from her while at the same time trying desperately to look like you weren't. Worried that she will have the clout to get you lynched tomorrow? 

DARTHE, can you confirm the status of Despo and Tommy regarding slot and role? The 2 and 2.5 is fairly ambiguous. 

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love getting the opportunity to show you how wrong you are Turin :happy:

Despo you are lynig about saying you were thinking Ithi mafia.

You're being ridiculously obtuse Ithi. I never tried to control you or tell you what to do, quit misrepping and acting like such a damsel in distress. I asked you a question.

I didn't think you were mafia before but your continued obstinance on this is troubling to say the least. It's like you trying to fake a reaction or somewhat.

I mean you'd have to, because once again I never tried to get you to do what I wanted. I myself wanted to see if the interaction between you and Dice might be town on town violence, or something else. That's it. Dice was willing to respond to my questions, you're the one deliberately stamping your foot on the ground over nothing.

this is getting very close to a personal insult if not crossing the line.

Here you say that you DIDN'T think she was mafia but... It clearly implies that you believe it now even tho you don't come right out and say so. Don't go all semantics on me either. 

Underlined isn't even close to a personal insult, just stop. Even Ithi asked you to stop buddying her so much. Get that White Knight act outta here. I was commenting on her behavior at the time, not her in general. I'm allowed to say someone is acting obtuse in a mafia game Turin. So sick of your moral superiority act.

Bold isn't me accusing her of being mafia. It's me saying her obstinance was making me doubt my townread on her. That's a huge difference, and it's not semantics. You thought you could try to catch me in a lie and this is the best you could try and come up with.

We don't have a chat, but we share a role, so... yes. He's town.

Darthe has you down as player 2 and 2.5 indicating that between you you actually do fill one slot.

Neither of you have refuted the hydra discussion which states two players in one role/slot.

Tommy seems to think that you share the same role/slot. Maybe you aught to hash this out amongst yourselves then come clean by the morning.  Oh and if you could confirm deny if you do in fact share a QT, any QT that would be helpful also.

We obviously share a role, but neither of us has ever stated we share a slot, and this would be silly since it's plain as day on the player list we do NOT share a slot. Stretch more stretch armstrong. Your struggles with math and numbers this game are quite amusing.

2 =/= 2.5. Mebbe this is part of the reason you counted three people as two before lol.

I don't have any QT for this game. We're allowed to, in fact Darthe said he would make one, but he instead gave us a youtube link rofl, cause hey it's Darthe.

ob·tuse
əbˈt(y)o͞os,äb-/
adjective

1. 1.
    annoyingly insensitive or slow to understand.
    "he wondered if the doctor was being deliberately obtuse"

How is that word not a personal insult? adding ridiculous in front makes it worse. You seem to think that you can just say whatever you want to people cause it is a game. Antics of this nature make the game less fun. Ithi is asleep and hasn't seen the last bit of it (the troll banner) but you are being at the least insensitive and at the worst deliberately a (not nice person). 

So you kindly just stop. And maybe think about apologising. 

Lol there's nothing to apologize about Turin. Imo Ithi IS acting obtuse and petulant. I'm allowed to state my opinion about someone's behavior in a mafia game. I NEVER tried forcing others to play a certain way, yet you're now trying to censor me. Hypocrite much? Get off your freaking high horse already.

Doubting a townread is NOT accusing someone of being mafia. If anything, it means the person goes closer into null territory. This is basic stuff man.

She's trolling because she keeps saying over and over that I got mad because she wouldn't do what I was forcing her to do or something. This is an OBVIOUS misrepresentation. She's trying to paint me as a bully because I asked questions. In a mafia game. :rolleyes:

You REALLY need to learn to separate your personal feelings for someone apart from your gameplay. You're constantly rushing to Ithi's rescue in games when she doesn't need it. She's a big girl and can defend herself. If I think she's acting a certain way, I'm allowed to express that thought as it is ENTIRELY relevant to the game. If she wishes she may do the same, and has at times. If I feel someone is acting obtuse I'm going to call them out on it, because such behavior is inhibitive towards the scumhunt.

Oh and fyi Ithi DOES have more clout than you. Still not worried about her getting me lynched tho, and not because I'm above suspicion either. I just don't think she's that off of her game so far.

As far as my role, which again you have spent probably around 20-25 posts this game talking about and trying to fish for details for, we share a role and alignment. We do not share a slot because we both each have our own votes, and each of us can be voted separately. This was confirmed in an earlier Vote Count (someone was voting for me, while Tom was voting for someone else, if we shared a slot then it would have been the same person).

Lol there's nothing to apologize about Turin. Imo Ithi IS acting obtuse and petulant. I'm allowed to state my opinion about someone's behavior in a mafia game. I NEVER tried forcing others to play a certain way, yet you're now trying to censor me. Hypocrite much? Get off your freaking high horse already.

Doubting a townread is NOT accusing someone of being mafia. If anything, it means the person goes closer into null territory. This is basic stuff man.

She's trolling because she keeps saying over and over that I got mad because she wouldn't do what I was forcing her to do or something. This is an OBVIOUS misrepresentation. She's trying to paint me as a bully because I asked questions. In a mafia game. :rolleyes:

You REALLY need to learn to separate your personal feelings for someone apart from your gameplay. You're constantly rushing to Ithi's rescue in games when she doesn't need it. She's a big girl and can defend herself. If I think she's acting a certain way, I'm allowed to express that thought as it is ENTIRELY relevant to the game. If she wishes she may do the same, and has at times. If I feel someone is acting obtuse I'm going to call them out on it, because such behavior is inhibitive towards the scumhunt.

Oh and fyi Ithi DOES have more clout than you. Still not worried about her getting me lynched tho, and not because I'm above suspicion either. I just don't think she's that off of her game so far.

As far as my role, which again you have spent probably around 20-25 posts this game talking about and trying to fish for details for, we share a role and alignment. We do not share a slot because we both each have our own votes, and each of us can be voted separately. This was confirmed in an earlier Vote Count (someone was voting for me, while Tom was voting for someone else, if we shared a slot then it would have been the same person).

Do you NOT really think that those are not personally insulting?  If you do then you are being ridiculously obtuse. I will not drop this either and it has absolutely NOTHING to do with who is mafia or not. IMO your behavior of late has been beyond unacceptable in regards to how you continuously demean other people in these games. You have the right to express if you think someone is wrong. you DO NOT (again IMO) have the right to go around demeaning other people and then saying it is your right to do so.  If you wish to argue a point argue that you did or did not do something do not say that the person challenging you is obtuse or stupid or whichever word you choose to use at that time. Attack the validity of the statement not the person making the statement. 

I don't currently care anything about the game right now. so I am not even going to address any of that. I think you are the one that can't seem to separate the two as you continue to interject and mix "game thoughts" with "non-game thoughts".  

Express doubts about a person's alignment all you want she will defend herself from that and most likely own you on it. All  I am saying is that you really should think about the words that are coming out of your mouth. Maybe think if you would accept them from a stranger if directed at your mother or step daughter. There is  NO need for all of the vitriol. It is not making the game any better except maybe for you to feel big about hurting the feelings of someone that was doing a favor to get this game started in the first place and really did not need any more dumped on her at the present. 

If you can not see that then I feel bad for you.  If you come to your senses I am sure that Ithi being a very good spirited person will accept your apology. 

Blah blah blah, more white knighting, more just restating the same stuff without responding to what I was actually saying.

I haven't once demeaned anyone else in this game. I have never attacked anyone personally. I haven't ever called someone stupid or obtuse. Everything I have said has been about people's play or their behavior this game.

If someone is being difficult or deliberately obstructing the scumhunt then I am totally within the confines of the game to call them out on that behavior. There's no quibbling around this point.

If my mom or stepdaughter were to play in a mafia game, I'd tell them to make sure and wear their big girl panties. Cause mafia isn't the gentlest of sports. Even in a light and good natured game with no personal disputes of any kind there is still going to be harsh language of some kind. That's why it's so important for people to keep everything in perspective in these games. I don't mean anyone any ill will that I play with, and the vast majority of players that play with me realize this. I'm more aggressive than most, and don't mince my words as much as I could at times, but this doesn't make me a bad person or a bully like you are constantly trying to portray me as. I can only assume you and all your butthurtedness over perceived slights against your bondee is all just a ploy designed to discredit my arguments.

And I have no problem separating this stuff from gameplay btw. Which goes to show which of us is keeping things in the right perspective- I still look at this as a game, and a fun game at that. You seem to be obsessed with turning this into a witch hunt against me.

Anyways, unless you have something new to offer here, I'm done with this particular discussion. I have nothing to apologize for and there is no reason for you to be taking the game off track like this.

Blah blah blah, more white knighting, more just restating the same stuff without responding to what I was actually saying.

I haven't once demeaned anyone else in this game. I have never attacked anyone personally. I haven't ever called someone stupid or obtuse. Everything I have said has been about people's play or their behavior this game.

If someone is being difficult or deliberately obstructing the scumhunt then I am totally within the confines of the game to call them out on that behavior. There's no quibbling around this point.

If my mom or stepdaughter were to play in a mafia game, I'd tell them to make sure and wear their big girl panties. Cause mafia isn't the gentlest of sports. Even in a light and good natured game with no personal disputes of any kind there is still going to be harsh language of some kind. That's why it's so important for people to keep everything in perspective in these games. I don't mean anyone any ill will that I play with, and the vast majority of players that play with me realize this. I'm more aggressive than most, and don't mince my words as much as I could at times, but this doesn't make me a bad person or a bully like you are constantly trying to portray me as. I can only assume you and all your butthurtedness over perceived slights against your bondee is all just a ploy designed to discredit my arguments.

And I have no problem separating this stuff from gameplay btw. Which goes to show which of us is keeping things in the right perspective- I still look at this as a game, and a fun game at that. You seem to be obsessed with turning this into a witch hunt against me.

Anyways, unless you have something new to offer here, I'm done with this particular discussion. I have nothing to apologize for and there is no reason for you to be taking the game off track like this.

You still think this is about the game? I could give a flying fig about the game right now.(sorry Darthe) That you are still pointing like it is about this game is ridiculous. The comments from me came at a time that would be considered non playing time (between the hammer and the lynch confirmation/scene). So there really isn't any game to discuss at the present. The fact that the attack came against a personal friend is true but I am not personally injured in the way you are suggesting. I find the verbal abuse to be distasteful. 

Your words were:

YOU ARE BEING RIDICULOUSLY OBTUSE.

You indicates the person to whom you are referring, in this case Ithi.

Are Being: used together in this manner is the same as either used singly. A condition that exists.

Ridiculous : to invite mockery

Obtuse:  annoyingly slow to understand (or pick one of the synonyms)

If you had said "you are ACTING ridiculously obtuse then it would be a reference to something she had done or was doing. But your sentence clearly states that it is a condition of her person. That SHE is those things even if only for the moment. Therefore it is a personal insult despite what you would like to think. 

You might also want to think about if what you say will be taken as an insult before you say it. There is nothing wrong with being considerate of others. Again if you do not see that then I am sorry for you. 

Definitions cited below.

you

pronoun \ˈyü, yə also yē\

—used to refer to the person or group of people that is being addressed as the subject of a verb or as the object of a verb or preposition

—used to refer to any person or to people in general

Be

verb \ˈbē\

—used to indicate the identity of a person or thing

—used to describe the qualities of a person or thing

—used to indicate the condition of a person or thing

ri·dic·u·lous·ly
riˈdikyələslē/
adverb

1. 1.
    so as to invite mockery or derision; absurdly.
    "ridiculously, I felt like crying"
ob·tuse
əbˈt(y)o͞os,äb-/
adjective

1. 1.
    annoyingly insensitive or slow to understand.
    "he wondered if the doctor was being deliberately obtuse"

"Being" is a state of behavior Turin. My comment was directed at how I felt she was acting towards me, it had nothing to do with how I view her as a person and Ithi knows that.

And I treat everything in the game thread as part of the game, as all mafia players should. Doing any different is pretty much missing the point.

And I don't think of trolling as mean-spirited at all btw. It's just a way of trying to poke fun at others. Sometimes it goes too far (like in Ithi's case- stating the same mistruth over and over), but that doesn't mean it's never appropriate.

I frack I misread it. Someone else needs to hammer.

So you can't really vote after all. lol. 

What did you misread? you should have waited to closer to deadline to try that ploy. 

Everything on thread is game play. Except when someone clearly states that it is not. 

And I don't think of trolling as mean-spirited at all btw. It's just a way of trying to poke fun at others. Sometimes it goes too far (like in Ithi's case- stating the same mistruth over and over), but that doesn't mean it's never appropriate.

Truth is based in perception so what might seem to be true to you might not seem to be true to someone else. If in her viewpoint you were trying to tell her what to do then her response is the truth and as such you telling her it isn't, is you misrepresenting. 

I found Turin and Ithi's banner:

BullDog_Eagle_Bear.jpg

I guess we would have to let RTE join to make this accurate

Dom/Tess:

duo.jpg

:biggrin:   Personally I don't care what you guys do on your "personal time". But again you might want to discuss things with Tommy before posting them

FTFY.

:trolls:

"Being" is a state of behavior Turin. My comment was directed at how I felt she was acting towards me, it had nothing to do with how I view her as a person and Ithi knows that.

And I treat everything in the game thread as part of the game, as all mafia players should. Doing any different is pretty much missing the point.

You might want to ask someone before you make assumptions about what they feel. Just Saying.

There are exceptions to every rule. But You are not going to change so I will stop wasting my breath and the thread's time. 

Good night now.

Somewhere across the way Leyrann, in the cozy of his home, was frustrated.  His computer had an intel pentium processor and that was simply unacceptable in the modern age.  He placed an order on newegg and had a Lenovo Yoga on the way within minutes.  But what to do with this old hunk of junk?  He knew!  He would pawn it.  No, better!  He would eBay it!  Quickly he had it online and a buyer had placed a quite reasonable sum down for the laptop.  Ley packed it in quick order.  It was already two days gone when Ley realized that his whole list of passwords was on that old computer.  He was a thirsting man that had shipped off his water.  Dapianoplay3r would have it all.

Dap replaces Ley!  

Archived