DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

French Wheel of Time covers

dawnflower8

I'm honestly not sure what the French were thinking when they designed their Wheel of Time covers. Here are some that I found:

9782743603649FS.gif

Here's a cover for The Dragon Reborn. A lot of these are just random medieval pictures that have no connection to the series whatsoever. And it also seems to have an actual DRAGON on it. A 3-headed dragon.

livres-l-invasion-des-tenebres-160-1.jpg

Here's a cover for "The Invasion of Darkness." I think it's part 1 of the eye of the world. Will someone please explain to me what's going on and how this has anything to do with The Wheel of Time?

1072701_9368434.jpg

A cover for The Eye of the World. I think that's supposed to be a trolloc....or something. 

51xmuGzCYYL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

This is a cover for Part 2 of The Shadow Rising, called "Storms." Some sort of incredibly crowded and colorful battle scene, I guess.

la-roue-du-temps,-tome-6-22---le-jeu-des

A cover for Part 3 of The Dragon Reborn, called "The Game of Darkness." Someone, please tell the cover artist that these books are NOT in a medieval setting and have no knights in shining armour.

9782266142113.jpg

Cover for Lord of Chaos. Ok, this one is not as bad as the others since you can at least tell that that guy is Rand, even though he is extremely ugly and overly muscular. But, again, it has an ACTUAL DRAGON on it.

livres-l-il-du-monde-160-2.jpg

This Eye of the World cover is the most confusing to me. It seems to have no relation whatsoever to the books, and it also has more naked people. My friend thinks they might be carrying a LITERAL WHEEL OF TIME.

cvt_La-Roue-du-Temps-Tome-4--La-Banniere

Part 2 of The Great Hunt, called "The Banner of the Dragon." Yet another medieval picture of knights.

la-roue-du-temps-tome-21-le-poignard-des

Cover for Knife of Dreams. Looks like it belongs in a King Arthur book or something.

9782266197526.JPG

Cover for Part 2 of Winter's Heart. Can someone please explain what scene this is and who these people are supposed to be? And why they have such colorful battle uniforms?

la-roue-du-temps,-tome-3-22---le-cor-de-

Cover for Part 1 of The Great Hunt, called "The Horn of Valere." I'm pretty certain that this was an already existing piece of medieval art.

Jordan-Robert-L-illusion-Fatale-La-Roue-

Cover for Part 2 of Lord of Chaos, "The Fatal Illusion." I'm not entirely sure, but I think those might be unicorns.

1070545_3040926.jpg

Cover for Part 2 of The Shadow Rising, "Storms." I have no idea what this is even supposed to be.

la-roue-du-temps,-tome-7-22---la-montee-

Cover for "The Rise of Thunderstorms," Part 1 of The Shadow Rising. An overly fancy looking medieval knight on a horse. 

Jordan-Robert-La-Roue-Du-Temps-T-9-Etinc

Probably the best cover out of all of these. Cover for "Sparks," part 1 of The Fires of Heaven. Thankfully, the Aiel actually look like Aiel. Except I don't think that the Aiel ever rode horses in the books.

Which one do you think is the worst? 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Usually french covers look bad ... that's one of the reason why I prefer to read my books in English. :tongue:

Now the worst one, in my opinion, is "Le Cor the Valere", 5th starting from the bottom. It looks like it is made for a history book ...

Sweet Jesus, few of those are illustrations to RUSSIAN MYTHOLOGY,  half are hijacked from history books and/or other fantazy, and few are "we have a sweet pic, but no actual book to print it on".

Oh lol)

Which ones were illustrations to Russian mythology?

The only 2 that even looked like they were SUPPOSED to be WoT covers were the Rand one with the dragon and the Aiel one (And possibly the Trolloc one if that's supposed to be a trolloc), even though they still were super inaccurate. The rest were just random.

And I just found the German covers. Some are good, some are, well...

WoT_German18b.jpg

Here we have a magical flying white dragon.

WoT_German19.jpg

And a pterodactyl.

WoT_German20b.jpg

Some girl with a bird mask

How about this Spanish cover, which has nothing to do with the books and is also just ugly?

WoT_Spanish1.jpg

This Swedish cover is just lazy:

WoT_Swedish18.jpg

And of course, this Polish cover:

WoT_Polish3.jpg

Here's another French cover, seems to be some Aiel, one of them shirtless, in front of a gate with the WoT logo on it. 

WoT_French4.jpg

dawnflower8

Those I left in quote.Not sure about 2nd and last ones, but the rest? Definitely encountered in my childhood books.

I'm honestly not sure what the French were thinking when they designed their Wheel of Time covers. Here are some that I found:

9782743603649FS.gif

Here's a cover for The Dragon Reborn. A lot of these are just random medieval pictures that have no connection to the series whatsoever. And it also seems to have an actual DRAGON on it. A 3-headed dragon.

51xmuGzCYYL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

This is a cover for Part 2 of The Shadow Rising, called "Storms." Some sort of incredibly crowded and colorful battle scene, I guess.

Jordan-Robert-L-illusion-Fatale-La-Roue-

Cover for Part 2 of Lord of Chaos, "The Fatal Illusion." I'm not entirely sure, but I think those might be unicorns.

la-roue-du-temps,-tome-7-22---la-montee-

Cover for "The Rise of Thunderstorms," Part 1 of The Shadow Rising. An overly fancy looking medieval knight on a horse. 

-

I really like the white dragon on that first German cover, even though it's a critter unrelated

Archived