DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Roll Call for March 2014 - ALL members please read the 1st post and take the Poll !

56 members have voted

1. 1. If it became a possibility, would you join up to colonise another livable planet?

• Yes
    • No
    • Depends (elaborate)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lenlo - Der'Manshima - Me'A

Definitely. The chance to go to another planet? That would be amazing.

blank - Aes Sedai - Brown Ajah - Deeeelightful Mistress of Novices

And no I don't think I would. I'd like to travel in space but I'd like to come back.

Rekinu - Ren'Shai - Der'Manshima

I think i would, despite the danger, the ability to view a new place unsullied by our processes, though we are a long ways from finding one for sure, and even longer from making the trip... at this point if we DID send something it would be more like slingshot that way, and be likely to miss, lol, as we have yet to create propulsion that we could have guide it the whole way there.  On top of that, in todays world we would likely be dead (and our great-great(many more)grand kids as well) before the ship reached the destination.

Were our technology up to, say, Ender's Game abilities then yes i would go.  It wouldnt be impossible to return if necesary, and you could still use the ansible to converse with those loved ones left behind.

you nay-Sayers are just pansies!  :tongue:just kidding

Kwom Masbag - Manshima

It depends on the scenery a little bit, but more on who's going there.  I need interesting people to be there; I would die of boredom if I didn't have anybody cool to talk to.  There's that program they have of living on Mars right now, but I don't think I'll do it.  It's just starting out, so it's prone to glitches, and, well... all of my friends and family would be here, with no real way to communicate with them.  That's something that would immediately change your life, and hugely, and perhaps it's not so bad in that it allows a completely fresh start, but... hmm.

Sorry about the wall of text.  :blush:

dawnflower8 - Aspirant (House Ospenya)

Not sure if I'm doing this roll call thing right. But I would only move to another planet if they had cake.

dawnflower8 - Aspirant (House Ospenya)

Not sure if I'm doing this roll call thing right. But I would only move to another planet if they had cake.

Almost perfect. Your official rank is initiate lovely.

But cake is an important factor, good point  :biggrin:

Ithillian Aes Sedai Blue Ajah

Travelling for years in a spaceship probably won't work for me as I'd be dead by the time we got anywhere interesting. If they manage to speed things up ... a lot ... I'd be interested.

Elaevia - head of the Gray Ajah.

I don't know if I'd go all the way to another planet, I would like to see the earth from the outside though

Torrie, Red Aes Sedia.

I would only colonize another planet if I could be in charge and swat people over the head.

Amarande - Accepted

Hmmm ... that depends ... with my love of the Internet, I would have to hope all the services I use have branches on the planet I'm moving to, or that we have some sort of FTL ansible network or something, otherwise ... well ... lagtime measured in years might be a problem LOL