DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Greetings -- also, Where's the Timeline?

Shannester

Hello, I just finished A Memory of Light and look forward to participating on DM.  I have a question.  The link to the timeline is dead in the Wiki Biography Guidelines page (http://drpsw.wikia.com/wiki/Biography_guidelines).

This is the dead link http://forums.dragonmount.com/index.php/topic,37665.0.html

I can't seem to find the PSW timeline for RPing and am very interested in reading it to help me develop a good character.  Any assistance is greatly appreciated. I am still reading Forums 101 and the Welcome Inn but still haven't come across another link.

Thank you,

Shannester

Welcome, Shannester!  I'll see about getting you some help for RP.

We are very happy to have you.  :)

I'm Ryrin, Sitter of the Green Ajah.  How does it feel to have finished the series?

How does it feel to have finished the series? Oh my. Short answer: It feels really good :biggrin:

Long answer: I read Eye of the World in 1991 and eagerly anticipated and endured the wait for the release of each book... up until about Crossroads of Twilight (when was that? 2002?) Anyway, I fell off the bandwagon at that time. Additionally, it never occurred to me to seek out online WoT communities (like Dragonmount!) so I was just alone in the wilderness. There was actually a period of about ten years when I just wasn't reading any sort of speculative fiction -- it was just a stage in my life.

Then a couple of years ago, I started picking up the random SF/Fantasy novel (Steven Erikson, Lois McMaster Bujold, Kevin Anderson, others) and last year I stumbled across the Mistborn trilogy which I read and thoroughly enjoyed -- and then I finally got clued into the final evolution of the Wheel of Time. Being very well disposed to Mr. Sanderson's writing, I ended up dusting off my entire random mixture of soft and hardcover WoT books (although for some reason I was missing the Great Hunt so had to repurchase that one), then I reread the entire series at a very leisurely pace (although, admittedly, I did skim through the draggy CoT) and finally finished it!  I still need to read New Spring and the novella/short story about Demandred and Shara... forget what it's called, but everything in good time. To have finished this series of books finally -- a series of books I started as a young man -- makes me feel strange, wonderful, wistful, inspired. And now to have discovered the entire online world of the Wheel of Time, not least of which is your delightfully literate website of Dragonmount.com, makes me feel even more inspired.

Shannester

I'm really happy you rediscovered WoT. I found it by accident, a friend suggested it. After the first 3 chapters of EotW I was totally hooked. I started reading about 3 years ago. I've been here at DM for 2 years. I hope you enjoy yourself here. Soon you will be able to see all of the boards in the White Tower and Warders.... that's usually where I spend my time.

I very much enjoyed "A New Spring." You'll get to learn more about Tar Valon, the Tower and Siuan and Moiraine before they were raised. Lan comes into the picture in this one. The book answered a lot of questions for me and filled in empty spots.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

I'm looking forward to reading New Spring.  As you can tell, I'm already a fan of the cover art :wink: . I have submitted a character each to the Warders and to the White Tower, so I'm looking forward to interacting with you and other members, both socially and, if it works out, RPing.

I still haven't found that elusive link to the RP Timeline, so I really appreciate your help with that.  :lan:

Archived