DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What do YOU do for fun?

Thane Vakarian

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The most I've ever been able to lift is about 25 pounds with a machine, and 15 with dumbbells (yes, there really is a difference). I almost never run on a treadmill, I either do at home workout DVD's like TurboFire and P90X and ChaLEAN Extreme, or go for nice long walks :) Oftentimes if I go for a walk I'll read at the same time. I know they say that's counter effective, but I'm still getting steps, my arms get a workout from holding the book (or kindle) and I get ahead on my reading, what's not to love about that scenario?

The most I've ever been able to lift is about 25 pounds with a machine, and 15 with dumbbells (yes, there really is a difference). I almost never run on a treadmill, I either do at home workout DVD's like TurboFire and P90X and ChaLEAN Extreme, or go for nice long walks :) Oftentimes if I go for a walk I'll read at the same time. I know they say that's counter effective, but I'm still getting steps, my arms get a workout from holding the book (or kindle) and I get ahead on my reading, what's not to love about that scenario?

I say if you're moving around then you're doing something right.  Sometimes at the end of the night I just stand while watching a show instead of sitting and I consider that to be good.  I did a couple rounds of P90X and it is legit for burning fat and making you more functionally strong.

I'm somewhat old fashioned about defining sports.  If it is judged (not refereed) it isn't, if the physical exertion/competition isn't there, it isn't.  So golf (which I enjoy) is a hobby/game, whereas running competitively (which I don't enjoy) would be a sport. 

I walk while watching shows all the time! Also, in studying for my Spanish certification exam, I have my notecards and I literally pace the living room as that's better than sitting at the couch or at the desk just reading. Sitting and reading often results in falling asleep, so why not get some exercise at the same time! P90X is aweomse, TurboFire is even better and I LOVE ChaLEAN Extreme - intense circuit training, it's how I got to be able to lift ten pound dumbbells after struggling with 3 pound dumbbells after a shoulder injury. Gotta keep the body strong!

But...I don't play any sports, used to play volleyball but I don't like when it's crazy competitive!

Not the way I dance it, lol...

Essentially, follow the arm, walk into the space and laugh about the mistakes. (at least for Cuban, not sure about the other styles)

Hahah - my hubby plays World of Tanks occasionally - I banned the ever trying WoW thing for the same reason Chae mentioned earlier. Likely addictive soul-stealing stuff!

I like to think I'm one of those people who tries to make fun out of whatever I'm doing at the time, but typically, things I really, truly, naturally find fun are:

Travel / Foreign culture immersion / Learning foreign languages

Riding my motorbike

Anything competitive (including things like first-person shooters on the PC, but especially sports - netball and soccer are my favourites, although I'd probably enjoy giving almost anything a go... yes, even curling and artistic ice skating Chae  :tongue: )

Reading

Writing something clever

Knitting

Surfing (surfboard, not boogie board like Dice)

the BotRH SG and RP here at DM

My job (true!!!!!!)

Family time/hanging with our toddler.

Unfortunately, the list of things I actually manage to squeeze into my schedule/do for fun on a regular basis currently looks like this:

My job, and riding my motorbike to/from work; 

Family time/Hanging out with our toddler;

DM  :rolleyes:

Archived