DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Manga`

amegakure

i like the anime for epic battles and the such but producers go like to go off and make stupid fillers so id rather just read the manga.. and just so you know every manga is done different and pokemon is probably a horrible representation of it. Although i heard the manga's for where quite bloody ;) 

And flem! i hate you ;) OP is probably better than naruto now. (i like manga's with out the constant power surgess and degration of character and dissolution of logic and charactar realities). and that was my all time fav. If you never gave it a chance past the first few arcs i urge you to try it. It gets better and less comical. Never heard of toriko and you bunch it with the shonen Comic's is that a pretty popular one?

I don't know any of those except Death Note, and only know that one because my son was a big fan. Didn't you write someones name in a notebook and they died?

Sorta a shinighami dropped his deathnote aka notebook a kid picked it up and it allowed him to kill people.. sorta got to his head and he thought he was a god. 

One Piece sucks.

Heh.

You are dead to me. One Piece has always been one of my favorite shows :P

The only manga that I'm currently still reading are One Piece, Naruto, Bleach, Fairy Tail, Beezlebub and Berserk. Naruto and Bleach are about to end, but One Piece is most likely going to continue for another year or so. Fairy Tail is fun just because of the epic battles, but it's difficult to take it seriously because nobody ever dies. Beelzebub was amazing and funny, and to me it was a much more enjoyable manga than Naruto and Bleach at their later stages. Berserk is also a favorite of mine and it's by far the best drawn manga that I have ever seen. It's still on hiatus though. I prefer to watch the anime version of most other anime/manga's out there including some of which you have listed in your OP.

• Community Administrator

I only follow 3 Manga's because

1) I got tired of watching an entire season's worth of Filler Episodes, and i knew the manga was way, way ahead of the Anime.

2) The Anime stopped production, because it caught up with the Manga (kinda), the author got sick, so releases have been sporadic.

The ones that qualify for #1 are Bleach and Naruto. I don't particularly enjoy them, At this point, I'm just reading it to see how they freaking end...

The one that qualifies for #2, is D.Gray Man. Its a pretty damned good anime/manga. But the authors has been plagued with chronic-arthritis and other medical issues.

First, if you haven't read Feng Shen Ji it is fantastic.  I highly suggest it.  Amazing artwork, everything is full color always, very unique. 

I don't know any of those except Death Note, and only know that one because my son was a big fan. Didn't you write someones name in a notebook and they died?

Sorta a shinighami dropped his deathnote aka notebook a kid picked it up and it allowed him to kill people.. sorta got to his head and he thought he was a god. 

Death Note was good.

One Piece sucks.

Heh.

You are dead to me. One Piece has always been one of my favorite shows :P

The only manga that I'm currently still reading are One Piece, Naruto, Bleach, Fairy Tail, Beezlebub and Berserk. Naruto and Bleach are about to end, but One Piece is most likely going to continue for another year or so. Fairy Tail is fun just because of the epic battles, but it's difficult to take it seriously because nobody ever dies. Beelzebub was amazing and funny, and to me it was a much more enjoyable manga than Naruto and Bleach at their later stages. Berserk is also a favorite of mine and it's by far the best drawn manga that I have ever seen. It's still on hiatus though. I prefer to watch the anime version of most other anime/manga's out there including some of which you have listed in your OP.

I tried OP and read probably the first 20 chapters or so and just couldnt' get into.  Everybody loves it except for me...

Never read Beelzebub but will check it out. 

Hajime no Ippo is something I enjoy but has been dragging out forever.  Same with Initial D. 

Why do you think Naruto will be ending soon?  I mean, they had the story arc of Naruto as a kid, now as a teenager...might they have another story arc of him as an adult and Hokage?  It's possible...

And yeah, Bleach is going to have to end soon.  They will have wrapped up every storyline that was ever introduced after the Quincy invasion is done with.

• Community Administrator

Hajime no Ippo is something I enjoy but has been dragging out forever.  Same with Initial D.

Just got into that this fall. But, I've only followed the anime version. I don't want to get into the Manga, even though its much farther ahead. 

Why do you think Naruto will be ending soon?  I mean, they had the story arc of Naruto as a kid, now as a teenager...might they have another story arc of him as an adult and Hokage?  It's possible...

Its more of a hope, that I can finally be done with it. I don't particularly enjoy it,  At this point, I'm only in it to see how it ends... which maybe never.

And yeah, Bleach is going to have to end soon.  They will have wrapped up every storyline that was ever introduced after the Quincy invasion is done with.

Pretty much yea. There's generally a point in every series where you have to recognize it's over. And after seeing Rukia(SP) get KO'd at the start of every Arc, and again at the end of every Arc.. And the complete neglect of their best characters in the story line. I'd rather see it end, just so I can see it end. 

I'd actually rather watch a spin-off of some of the other characters really..

I like Hetalia Axis Powers, Madoka Magica, and a bunch of others.

Did you know that a Japanese company was planning on turning Wheel of Time into an anime but RJ rejected the offer, since they were only going to do the first 3 books? (I'm pretty mad about that.)

Did you know that a Japanese company was planning on turning Wheel of Time into an anime but RJ rejected the offer, since they were only going to do the first 3 books? (I'm pretty mad about that.)

Ouch.  Just...ouch.  This hurts me.

that really blows.. although justice to the books must be done.

Looks up beelzebub

Oh yeah, that one with the little kids having powers or something. Nah...not really my thing. I dont' like Katekyo Hitman Reborn for the same reason. And Soul Cartel is almost equally annoying. I just can never get into the "infant who gets mad and morphs into super-bad-a$$" type manga.

NOTE TO ALL:

ANIME: The cartoony thing you watch on TV.

MANGA: The written comic booky thing you read.

First, if you haven't read Feng Shen Ji it is fantastic. I highly suggest it. Amazing artwork, everything is full color always, very unique.

Wow I just checked out the first chapter and it looks awesome! You read a manwha from left to right, right?

I like Trigun.

Trigun is one of my most favorite animes! :D

Its more of a hope, that I can finally be done with it. I don't particularly enjoy it, At this point, I'm only in it to see how it ends... which maybe never.

Lol same here. I’m just skimming through the newest chapters of Naruto and Bleach >.>

Looks up beelzebub

Oh yeah, that one with the little kids having powers or something. Nah...not really my thing. I dont' like Katekyo Hitman Reborn for the same reason. And Soul Cartel is almost equally annoying. I just can never get into the "infant who gets mad and morphs into super-bad-a$$" type manga.

It's A LOT better than Hitman Reborn. The humor kinda reminds me of Great Teacher Onizuka :D

I can heartily recommend the anime movie Redline (2009)! There isn't anything like it out there. The entire movie is completly hand drawn and it took them seven years to complete it.

Here is the trailer which really doesn't do it enough justice:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiFjyqRfkpo

Archived