DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Yellow Bazinga Event: Favorite Comedy Shows

Kaylee

I know they're not exactly labeled as just comedies, but Buffy, Firefly and Gilmore Girls have a lot of dry/sarcastic humor that is close to my heart. It always makes me laugh.

Nyn

Ah, Buffy.  Me and my mom used to watch it rather religiously.  It was the one show we actually both liked.  :laugh:

For me Community is the funniest thing on TV.

I also think that New Girl is pretty funny, Two Broke Girls...

oh oh the only thing that can give Community a run for it's funny money is Archer. Hilarious.

Also, I think Supernatural can be hilarious y'know, when everyone is not crying all the time.

M*A*S*H, back when it was still a comedy, is the best show, much less comedy, of all time. The Cosby Show was an American cultural phenomenon in its time. The Andy Griffith Show, I Love Lucy, the Jeffersons, the Mary Tyler Moore Show, all great ones from back in the day.

For newer shows, I like BBT and That 70's Show. That's about it, most modern comedies are just juvenile dick and fart jokes. No subtlety at all.

I agree with Ishy on Mash, and Basel on Night Court! Third Rock from the Sun was also a good oldie. Of the more modern shows, Big Bang Theory is a favourite (though I'm getting a bit irritated with how they're "dumming down" the story). Does QI count as a comedy show?

M*A*S*H, back when it was still a comedy, is the best show, much less comedy, of all time. The Cosby Show was an American cultural phenomenon in its time. The Andy Griffith Show, I Love Lucy, the Jeffersons, the Mary Tyler Moore Show, all great ones from back in the day.

For newer shows, I like BBT and That 70's Show. That's about it, most modern comedies are just juvenile dick and fart jokes. No subtlety at all.

A lot of great shows Ishy!

• Elgee locked this topic

Archived