DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

where in the wot world would you want to live?

badhead

"When dragon is reborn"; different readers might interpret that differently.

some possibilities for those interpretations::

-when the soul entered his body

-when he fulfilled a prophecy

-when he first drew Callandor

-when most characters knew about that

"When dragon is reborn"; different readers might interpret that differently.

some possibilities for those interpretations::

-when the soul entered his body

-when he fulfilled a prophecy

-when he first drew Callandor

-when most characters knew about that

when he was fulfilling prophecy and fighting was happening

• 2 months later...

Nowhere. At least not in a city. While beautifully written (Best ever made in my opinion, even over Lord of the Rings) this is a shitty (sorry for the language Nynaeve) world to live barring the Two Rivers. Every medieval city has diseases and crime and general death and low life-expectancy. Although I like the idea of a sleepy little town cut off from the rest of the world.

If I had my current memories and knowledge, I'd select one of the great cities where Rand's schools are.

Strike a deal with Aiel to excavate copper, tungsten, iron and coal in their lands in exchange for water supplies.

In one of the schools, I could show 'em what I know, we could build a proper steam engine and railroad, we'd soon build a huge dam on Erinin and install a hydro plant there.

Then electrify Cairhien and build an industrial empire to rival what One Power can do.

Pumping stations would supply the Waste with water via aqueducts and transport resources via railroad.

We could start making muskets and anti-air cannons to shoot raken and toraken off the sky.

At that point we could hit Seanchan and squash them like bugs and retake lands that are rightfully ours.

And then... the world, let the new Age of Legends begin.

Edited by Blasph

If I was living prior to the events in the Wheel of Time books, I'd pick either Andor (which includes the Two Rivers) or Tar Valon, no question.  I could maybe see wanting to be a Borderlander, but I don't think I'd want to live anywhere else.