DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Ultimate Showdown: PART DEUX - Signups! (By Darthe)

Darthe

Welcome to the virtual client service system.  

Initiating protocol four. . . 

Bootstrapper loaded.

Installing update 1 of 4...

Update Complete.

Rendering...

Installing advanced graphical package.

Uploading your profile to the game space.

WELCOME TO THE CALAMITY.  You, the player, have chosen to partake in this event.  Your avatar has been registered to you uniquely and will be your in game representation.  In the game space your life is life, your death is the end.  There will be no re-spawns exempting special circumstances or activity intended in the game. You have been given five wards to aid you in this endeavor.  Remember the three things all wise men fear.  Remember Avalon.  Remember your past.

Please create your character.

Roster:

1. Hally

2. Des

3. TG

4. Laya

5. Dice

6. Cloud

7. Turin

8. Mish

9. Amegakure

10. Lenlo 

11. TinaHel

12. Ley

13. AJ

14. RTE

15. Salami

16. Rag

17. Tom

18. Xthrax

19. Ithillian

And so on.

Please note, protocol demands certain standards be met for the integrity of said event.  The following are not permitted.

• Inactivity
  • Inactivity
  • Attempts at breaking the game
  • Attempts at playing in such a way that it violates the integrity of said game
  • Post editing
  • Insults directed to the person controlling an avatar present in the game space
  • Voting in a format other than ##Vote Darthe

Protocol also dictates that certain aspects of the event must be made clear to players before taking control of an avatar.  They are as follows.

• Game days must be at least twenty four hours and may be no longer than seventy two.  The length of a day phase will be stated on the phase before.
  • All votes must be treated accordingly.
  • The setup of this game is a modified BYOR.  Players submit their desired role in a private message and it will be synthesized and then returned to them or to someone else.
  • The setup of this game is eclectic and intense.  Players would be ill advised to attempt to play this without experience.
  • This game does have hidden mechanics.  More will be revealed in due time.  

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like to add to the things Tina and Salami have already asked: what are the limits of our role creation abilities? Can we only create modified roles of existing ones or can we go all out as long as they don't become too imbalanced? Also, what are the five wards? Do they play an important role in helping us achieve our wincons or are they merely there for flavor purposes?

I´m not sure that I understand. Can we make up an own role, but we don´t know who gets it? Do we make up the character as well? What does "taking control of an avatar" mean? Are we using the mafia alts? 

You will likely be the person who gets the role you make.  You make up the character as well.  The avatar thing is thematic, as this game is going to be written as if you are playing a game on your computer.  Thus, your avatar is TinaHel =p disguised as whoever you want to be when you submit a character to me.  If someone fails to submit a character or role I will make one for them.

I would like to add to the things Tina and Salami have already asked: what are the limits of our role creation abilities? Can we only create modified roles of existing ones or can we go all out as long as they don't become too imbalanced? Also, what are the five wards? Do they play an important role in helping us achieve our wincons or are they merely there for flavor purposes?

You have no limits.  When you submit a role I will take it, recreate it in some way and then return it to you or potentially to another player (this is unlikely to happen).  You can go all out and don't need to worry about balance except that I should mention that the more ridiculous your request the less likely it is to be returned to you in a form that you want.  As for the five wards... Watch out for them in the game.  Don't worry about them until then, they are definitely a part of the flavor and mechanics of later.

requesting clarification on byor

BYOR= Bring your own role.  These setups tend to lend themselves to funny, amusing and outlandish games.  Here is an example of how ****ing crazy one can become.

Essentially it isn't just a chance for you to take a role that you've always wanted, it is an opportunity to create wild and awesome roles just to see if they work/how I will change them and introduce them into the game. 

Please remember that you can make your role up.  One of my favorites was drunk masons between Rag and BLFG.  They could only post in their chat when drinking.

that limited them how?

It made the mason chat really funny and tended to not start until after five or so, but beyond that it was honor system =p not something that mattered but it was funny as hell.  

@Darthe:  Have your internet problems been solved?

I believe so.  It has been pretty snowy over here but we got a tech out before it hit yesterday and things seem to be better.

SPOT TWELVE SPOT TWELVE SPOT TWELVE

I was already highly looking forward to this game after your last one (because it was a truly epic game and my favorite ever), AND THIS ONE LOOKS EVEN BETTER OMG OMG OMG!!!

Also, is "vote Ley" ok for voting too, or should it really be "##Vote Ley"?

SPOT TWELVE SPOT TWELVE SPOT TWELVE

I was already highly looking forward to this game after your last one (because it was a truly epic game and my favorite ever), AND THIS ONE LOOKS EVEN BETTER OMG OMG OMG!!!

/mafiagasm

:laugh:

But seriously this game is going to be so freaking awesome...

Archived