DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Hair of Rand Al'Thor

When Rand is first described, his hair is referred to as having a reddish tinge with no mention of the primary color. Later in 'The Eye of the World,' when Elaida inspects him in the court of Andor, she only talks of the 'red in his hair.' After just these to go on in the first book, I started picturing Rand as having dark-brown hair with a reddish tinge near the tips. This was backed by the covers of the first three books, in these Rand is depicted with brownish hair. Somewhere along the line, it transitions in the text, and in the artwork to red-gold. This has not affected my picturing but I wonder what other people's take on it is. For my part, I think people overdue either red, or gold, or both in both fan art, and the official covers.

Please Discuss! 

As far as I am aware, only moderators and administrators are allowed to start threads in the structured section (where this currently is).

About the topic, hair color is at times difficult to distinguish on the covers.

As far as I recall, I always imagined Rand's heir as red.

I'm sorry if it's any trouble, I'm rather new to this forum and when I read the do's and don'ts it wasn't in there. About Rand's height, I've always thought him at around six-foot four or five and Mat and Perrin I imagined to be around five-nine to five-ten. I was influenced by the height of Trollocs who I imagined to be around eight to ten feet and Ogier who I imagined at eight to nine feet. I think my image of Rands height is influenced by the gap in height between him and the Trollocs and Ogier. I always imagined this gap to be enormous. 

I'm sorry if it's any trouble, I'm rather new to this forum and when I read the do's and don'ts it wasn't in there. About Rand's height, I've always thought him at around six-foot four or five and Mat and Perrin I imagined to be around five-nine to five-ten.

On character heights:

nterview: Oct 17th, 1994Erica Sadun
No spoilers.
Robert Jordan

Heights:

Rand—6'6"

Perrin—6'2"

Mat—5'11.5"

Aviendha—5'8-5'9

Elayne—5'6"

Nynaeve—5'4"

Egwene—5'2"

Moiraine—5'0-5'2

Thanks for moving it Deman- uh sorry... Barid! Sorry I put it in the wrong place. And thanks everyone for the height clarification. I'm glad to know that I wasn't too far off. I do have one question though, are the heights Mr. Jordan gave given according to our world units or HIS world units? I'm guessing that its our worlds units, otherwise Rand wouldn't be that tall, he would only be 5 "6." 

Archived