DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Elayne is kind of shitty

Cherif

Granted I'm only up to Lord Of Chaos, and don't know how things develop between the two but am I alone in thinking Elayne is a total bitch for thinking she can just bond Rand? It's a little presumptious and reflects a rather selfish personality. She gives him two letters with contradicting messages, flirts with Thom Merrilen and plans on bonding the fucking dragon reborn while he's sleeping? I think she's kind of a bitch.

Guest Cadsuane

My my, watch your language. No one wants to be reading about "cute fuzzy puppies" around here! We prefer the ugly, hairless sorts. :wink:

I agree wholeheartedly but do I still love Elayne? Youbetcha! That's the wonderfull thing about Jordan's characters is that just like real people they have plenty of shortcommings to go along with their good qualities. Yes, Elayne is a little bit selfish but she's a princess, and therefore has been catered to her whole life, so what can you expect.

In all fairness, Elayne sent that second letter because of Nynaeve's bad advice (or Egwene's, I can't remember), so she is only guilty of listening to a friend when she should not have. And about bonding Rand in his sleep...well, Elayne presumes a lot of strange things about Rand, but she's quite sweet to him when he's actually there. Keep reading, you'll see :P

Archived