DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
blank

Who comes before us as a candidate for Accepted? (Amarande)

The Novice Amarande has completed his requirements to be Raised to Accepted and may post his Arches when ready.

Please hold the congratsing until the Arches have been posted

Declaration of Self: I am Amarande, fiance of KassidyRose, who I joined the White Tower with planning to experience the ranks together. My first contact with the Wheel of Time series was in 1994, when I found The Fires of Heaven in a discount bookstore on the family's summer vacation in Maine. I had found it interesting but (probably quite naturally, as I had not read the first four books!) could never get really far into it, mostly I would keep getting through some of the prologue and not further. Then around 2000 or so I discovered the Wizards of the Coast Wheel of Time RPG and it rekindled my interest in the series and I quickly obtained most of the rest of the books. I read the first three books quickly and then started to bog down in the 4th, until I discovered the Wheel of Time communities on the net a number of years ago and found I enjoyed the company and it spurred me to finally finish reading them. As for Dragonmount, I had known about the site for quite some time, but always felt like I wouldn't have enough time to give to it along with my other interests and communities at the time; eventually KassidyRose convinced me to join and here I am. :)

Declaration of Commitment: During my time as a Novice I've participated in and led a number of threads for the Ajah events here. I have always had a certain interest in games, of which the ones that have worked out the best for the forum format, I think, have been Wheel of Fortune as presented during the Green Ajah Festival of Lights (I only wish I could have given more puzzles, but alas, a bad cold or the flu had me in its grip during the event and apparently Healing like you could get in Randland doesn't exist in the modern Age! :() and the Jeopardy-format trivia contest I created for the Brown and White Ajah Olympics event (and yeah, I'm known around various parts for evil hard puzzles and trivia, also the number puzzle I gave the Whites some time ago and stumped them pretty well ...). I look forward to continuing to participate in and run such events. I also feel I have gotten along very well with the Dragonmount Tower thus far and would consider them to be my friends, it's a comfy and cosy community we've got here!

Declaration of Intent: As an Accepted, I intend to continue to participate in Ajah and Warder Discipline events, as well as to spend more time among the various groups. I look forward to leading more threads and to spending more time in the other threads of events, as well as better getting to know the members of each Ajah so that I can find my home. As for future goals here ... it all comes down to continuing to enjoy the place and have fun!

Congratulations!  Welcome to accepted status... now we have to accept your.. or something like that... :wink:

Congrats and welcome to the Ring!

(BTW, I think it's totally awesome you and Kassidy are doing this together!)  :smile: