DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Aiel Heart

Who Stands Ready as a Candidate for Manshima? (RTE)

The Algai ReleaseTheEvil has met the requirements to be promoted to Manshima and may post his Declarations when ready!

(Hold your congratsing until after the Declarations have been posted! Thank you!)

Declaration of Self:

I am ReleaseTheEvil aka RTE aka Michael. I started reading WoT after a friend sent me EotW as a gift. It was one of the best books I have ever received as a gift (evidently) and then  I couldn't stop reading the series. At that point I think the latest book was either Knife of Dreams or Crossroads of Twilight and I was a teenager, but I think it was a great time for me to get into the series. Would have liked to have been reading the series for longer while RJ was around (I remember being shocked when I found out quite late that he had passed) but the magic did not pass with him of course. I found DM when I was looking for somewhere online to discuss this series with other people. After a very brief stop at Tar Valon, I found myself here. And never looked back. Met a lot of people here I would definitely consider friends and never much time goes by before I meet someone else I'm happy to call a friend. I don't think that will ever change and always enjoy interacting with more DMers. You're great, the whole lot of you :wink:

Declaration of Commitment:

I think one of the most exciting things about my time as an Algai, and being in the WT in general, is knowing you can interact with EVERYONE and be involved in EVERYTHING if you want to. I think I used to have the impression that the Ajahs and groups stayed to themselves and were their own cliques so to speak (ala in the series) but I couldn't have been more wrong. I think my memorable moments would be not just the activities I got involved in, but the people I met as a result. I sincerely enjoyed all the time I spent participating or running threads and games here and I look forward to doing much, much more of that. I've made so many friends, have had so many laughs, and genuinely enjoyed participating here with you all and learning about each other in the process. I have made more friends than I could ever name and it is astounding just how many good people we have here. People you genuinely want to talk to and learn more about and can share a good laugh with. I'm proud to say I have taken part in projects with different ajahs and participated in threads with most of them! The Winter Olympic Carnival was a blast to get involved in, and it's always amazing to see just how many people not only participate but are willing to get involved and commit their time to making these events great. I was also involved in leading a thread for the Knightmare and Bluecon events and participated in a few threads. I hope I can only keep being so active and involved :smile:

Declaration of Intent:

I think my plans are to be more engaged and active in the WT and to be more confident in initiating ideas and contributing to projects, whether it is through organizing, leading threads, or helping to promote the various events going on. If I had to consider a project I would like to do, I would like to offer support to the less active Ajahs or groups and help support their events and take on responsibility in promoting and organizing to give them a hand. I think given that I have made some great friends here I would like to collaborate with them and get projects going since these are people I enjoy interacting and working with already so this would be an easy next step to take. So my future plans would be to help to contribute to the activity and events of the WT and get more involved within community disciplines, while taking a more active role in making things happen.

:smile:

Edited by ReleaseTheEvil

I'm so happy for you, RTE!!! Congrats and really great Declarations!!!!

*Gives RTE a Tower Guard uniform*

Try to keep it clean for at least a few days ;)

I loved you declarations!

Much congrats lovely *hugs*