DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Seanchan truce

badhead

The kin are to be part of the tower, I have never read anything that I can remember of the kin swearing loyalty to Andor.  I might be wrong but I do not remember them swearing to do as Elayne commands for the benefit of andor.  The kin come from many lands.

But they did agree to provide free healing on tap, as well as gateways (with a service charge and Andoran kickback), in exchange for now being based in Andor (agreements made without the Tower). The healing makes Andor a hugely important destination for the world's people, and the Gateways make it an economic powerhouse (although I guess it was already).

About the Kin; the White Tower will likely have more channelers in its control than them.

About Seeds; the one-time use was only speculation.

Crossroads of Twilight tells that there are 3 others besides Elayne that can make terangreal.  Do not remember which chapter.

And since Elayne is an Aes Sedia (or at least a White Tower initiate), the White Tower could have authority to demand for a portion of the angreal & sa'angreal she makes.

but the seanchan now have one of the forsaken to teach them new tricks ;)

They control that Forsaken.

That forsaken isn't going to be doing anything, IMO.  At the very least, she won't be much of an asset.  The first thing the Sul'dam made Egwene do, once they captured her was destroy all of her possessions.  I would guess this is fairly standard procedure for them.  Moghedian was wearing her soul trap.  If she tried to resist, I think they'd be even more likely to force her to do so.  After that, I doubt she'd be able to teach them anything.

Actually, she made Egwene destroy a tree.  And I take the only possessions of Egwene that were destroyed was her clothing; and that by Seanchan, not by Egwene.

I take standard procedure to be to replace the damane's clothing with a gray dress and to destroy only the damane's other clothing.  Other possessions of the damane I guess would be stored away from the damane.

but the seanchan now have one of the forsaken to teach them new tricks ;)

They control that Forsaken.

That forsaken isn't going to be doing anything, IMO.  At the very least, she won't be much of an asset.  The first thing the Sul'dam made Egwene do, once they captured her was destroy all of her possessions.  I would guess this is fairly standard procedure for them.  Moghedian was wearing her soul trap.  If she tried to resist, I think they'd be even more likely to force her to do so.  After that, I doubt she'd be able to teach them anything.

Actually, she made Egwene destroy a tree.  And I take the only possessions of Egwene that were destroyed was her clothing; and that by Seanchan, not by Egwene.

I take standard procedure to be to replace the damane's clothing with a gray dress and to destroy only the damane's other clothing.  Other possessions of the damane I guess would be stored away from the damane.

Yes, immediately after her capture, they try to force her to destroy a tree.  The passage I was referring to comes later, in Falme when Egwene is talking to Min in the Damane kennels.  She tells her the Sul'Dam made her destroy all her possessions, if memory serves.  Damane have no possessions, only what is given to them by the Sul'dam (a point I believe Egwene makes in the very scene to which I am referring).  I doubt that any Sul'dam would sully themselves by keeping something that was once owned by a Damane. 

Didnt it sugest in the book that something came from Perrin in the making.

Yeah. I think it's pretty widely thought to be Hopper's soul that hopped over into the hammer.

I dunno where I stand on that, but I think I lean more towards thinking that was a metaphorical flourish (e.g. "Perrin put his soul into forging it"), and that the hammer is really just more of a proto-shocklance or perma-warded weapon than anything else.

Just as an aside, a shocklance was like an energy rifle (think Star Wars blasters, that's the closest I can think of off hand) 

I just think of Goa'uld Ma'Tok staff weapons. =)

Hah, possibly. 

If anyone is interested, here's what RJ said about it. 

INTERVIEW: Oct 9th, 1996 QUESTION
Are shocklances guns, or energy discharge weapons?
ROBERT JORDAN
Energy discharge weapons.

Archived