DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Yet another new member

JudySonnenberg

Hi! I am an avid lover of the WOT books, although I didn't start reading them until last fall. My eldest son has loved the books since he was in high school and had been trying to get me to read them since 2002, but I refused to read them as long as the series was incomplete (I am NOT a patient person) and he refused to read any of the Harry Potter books. Last summer, he started reading Harry Potter for his girlfriend, who agreed to read WOT. So, in October, I decided to start reading the books, figuring that it would take me until January to get up-to-date and I wouldn't have to wait for "A Memory of Light." That was totally wrong. I am disabled and usually bedridden, and as a result have a lot of time to read...once I began "The Eye of the World," I was hooked. I consumed every book voraciously, and finished the series (not including the last book) by Thanksgiving. By Christmas time, I couldn't stand the wait until January, so I re-read the books before my hard copy of "A Memory of Light" arrived.

I started reading the books once again in October, while on a road trip on my motorcycle, and just finished up. I absolutely love how much more I see with every reading...the story never gets old. I have decided to come to the Dragonmount forums, because I have been dying to discuss the books with my son, but he still hasn't made it through all of the books (he's half-way through Book 11) and no one I know has read all of the books. I look forward to getting into the forums and reading other people's thoughts about the books.

Welcome to DM. I assume you've taken a look at the discussion forums? I'd also recommend the social groups. There are lots of other WoT fans there and it's a great way to meet people. With some, if not most of the groups, you can't see all of the boards if and until you decide to join.

If you have any questions, just ask. We would like to be of help.

Thank you very much for your warm welcome, Chaelca Sedai. :) I definitely will explore the social groups...I've already started reading posts to familiarize myself with them. I hope to make many new friends here; I am sure that I will find many kindred spirits here. Plus, since I am bedridden much of the time, I have plenty of it to spend here. ;)

Be warned Judy, once you get sucked into the social groups you may never resurface! I just 'popped in' and now can't think of what I did with my time before!

This x 10 . . . LOL! 

Welcome to Dragonmount, Judy! 

Thanks so much, Elaevia and Daruya! It has been a very long time since I belonged to an online community like this (I was on the Quartz bbs and mud in 1990-1991 and still communicate with some of the friends I made there more than 20 years ago). I'm supposing that this will be as rewarding an experience. :)

Now I just need to start thinking of a better handle for the sight and maybe some ideas for a sig....

Archived