DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The White/Brown Winter Olympic Carnival: Favourite Sports

blank

I am not a big sports fan but I love love love the Winter Olympics.

Fully well expect that between the 7-23 of February to see me a little less around the Tower as I will be stuck to the television.

I love figure skating and speed skating and curling and bobsleigh but my favourite events are the alpine skiing events - men's slalom anyone?

So yes, anyone share my enthusiasm?

I love the winter Olympics!!! (Not a big fan of the summer ones)

My favorite is the figure skating of course, but I also love the speed skating, alpine skiing, biathlon, skeleton luge/bobsleigh, ski jump, snowboarding, freestyle and hockey! \

So I pretty much love it all!

Curling! The only time pretty much in every four years that we get to see that awesomeness in the US!

Also luge is quite a fun thing to watch. :)

In general I find I like the Winter Games much better than the Summer; it seems like they manage to pack lots of interesting stuff into winter sports while the summer stuff mostly feels fairly basic and mundane by comparison ...

I've never actually watched the Winter Olympics. I don't think it's broadcast here by us as much as the Summer Olympics. This year I might not have internet access during that time, in which case I'll have a looksee at this here foreign thing *grins*

The figure skating is the best with the glamour and mesmerising costumes and then ski jump - these people are so young and they are so brave to jump without a rope or safety net. The heights are too big and it seems like they are flying. Besides, most male ski jumpers are young and very very cute :blush:

I love more the Summer games as I am a big fan of rhytmic gymnastics.

I do kind of like hockey. of all team sports it's the one I understand best and enjoy watching most, with men skating like fairy princesses and then beating each other bloody.

as a kid the ones we all watched was figure skating. ski jumping was very popular mainly for that two second clip on... I think it was wide world of sports... where that guy has such a big fail...

I've never actually watched the Winter Olympics. I don't think it's broadcast here by us as much as the Summer Olympics. This year I might not have internet access during that time, in which case I'll have a looksee at this here foreign thing *grins*

What? Elgee, you'd love it!

Also, skiers and skaters all tend to have rocking backsides cause of all the muscles they need to do their sports. Yes please!

What? Elgee, you'd love it!

Also, skiers and skaters all tend to have rocking backsides cause of all the muscles they need to do their sports. Yes please!

*Grins* well now that's incentive! Are they as good as the decathlon guys? *drools*

Gah I missed that :( Been watching some stuff here and there but mostly all we get to see is how they re-ice / snow the surfaces ... :rolleyes:

Seriously ... you'd think the broadcasters could organise themselves better, but with each Olympics you get the same stuff - long periods of absolutely nothing happening.

• Elgee locked this topic

Archived