DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Visited the website for long time, just now became a member

willcat12

Hi everyone!  I first started this series when I was in high school.  I am glad but sad at the same time that the series is now done. Over the years I have visited the site and enjoyed looking at the articles and theories about the various story arcs within the series.  I've been himhawing all this time becoming a member since I feel like I'm already apart of so many groups already.

I love reading fiction in general. This series, especially the last book, really had me going through all kinds of emotional roller coasters.  I have not cried over too many books, but this series had me crying several times throughout the years.

I recently discovered Jordan Con and would like to go one of these years soon.  I also try to attend several different cons throughout the year, especially San Diego Comic Con.

I have a book review vlog, Natty's Book Corner.  Starting the last Saturday of February in the early evening, I will be doing Googe+ Hangouts going over each book of the Wheel of TIme series.  This would be like a book club of sorts for this series.  Each month would be the next book of the series.  I would like to have a panel of 4-5 people to help go over the book but others can be active participates by chatting live with me and the panel. I need at most 3 people who have read the series at least once and 1 more who would be new readers.  I hope to provide more information as we get closer to February. 

Here is my video announcing what I would like to do.  

If anyone is interested, let me know by emailing nattywilly@thenerdelement.com :) 

Hi and welcome to Dragonmount!

Which book in the series is your favourite? And who are your favourite characters?

That reread/book club thing sounds very interesting! (And I love your voice, your articulation is very clear and nice to listen to.) I'd love to be involved but not sure if we're timezone-compatible. Will send you an e-mail, though, I think.

Anyway! You say you've been lurking the forums for quite a while, so you're probably at least somewhat familiar with the social groups and all; I hope to see you around the boards! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. I hope you enjoy your stay with us! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey NeverTame!  I have set the date! February 22nd at 6 pm EST! if you can hang out in the chat, great!  It will be on Google+ Live.  The good thing is even if you miss it we will still have it on the Nerd Element YouTube channel to watch later!  It's open for both folk that have read the series and those that haven't finished it yet. 

Hey NeverTame!  I have set the date! February 22nd at 6 pm EST! if you can hang out in the chat, great!  It will be on Google+ Live.  The good thing is even if you miss it we will still have it on the Nerd Element YouTube channel to watch later!  It's open for both folk that have read the series and those that haven't finished it yet. 

Unless I completely fail at timezones, that's 2 AM for me. :(  I may be up or not, my sleeping patterns are... flexible, to put it nicely. ._.

//edit: No, wait, midnight..? I am confused now.

Welcome to DM!  Do you prefer being called Natty or Willy or Natty Willy?  (We usually slip into nicknames, here. For example, my handle is Daruya but almost everyone now calls me Dar.)

Archived