DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

tinkers

ASHAMAN1282083201

I dont know what part they will play, but I think they're entire purpose is to remind the Aiel what they once were. To highlight the differences between them in modern times. I think their 'song' will be found and they will set up a new civilisation - maybe as they are the only race not fighting (the way of the leaf), they WILL be the founders of the new age as RAW says - they are generally kept alive because they arent physically fighting.

Guest cwestervelt
I dont know what part they will play' date=' but I think they're entire purpose is to remind the Aiel what they once were. To highlight the differences between them in modern times. I think their 'song' will be found and they will set up a new civilisation - maybe as they are the only race not fighting (the way of the leaf), they WILL be the founders of the new age as RAW says - they are generally kept alive because they arent physically fighting.[/quote']

The Aiel don't need the Tuatha'an to remind them of the past. Considering how the Tua'tha'an have such a diluted history by now they likely don't even remember the connection to the Aiel anyway.

Teaching the Aiel the truth about thier past was one of the major reasons for sending Clan Chief candidates to Rhuidean. (Wise Ones too, assuming their second trip was for the same purpose as the Clan Chief's only trip.) That shared past was at the core of why Tuatha'an were allowed to traverse the Waste. Rand already revealed that secret at Al'cair Dal which triggered the Bleakness. Now that Rhuidean is no longer shrouded in fog but is going to be rebuilt, the Ter'angreal for viewing the past may even be open to all Aiel.

Archived