DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

hellooo!

square248

Hi! I'm an avid reader, I first read WoT when I was about 10 and was instantly hooked. Since then I've been following the series and only now getting into the forums.

As such any advice what I should do after this post?

best wishes

Square248

Welcome to DM!

Well now you have three options (you can opt for one or more):

a) Discussions- we have lots of discussions going on, both related to WoT and other things. They are the boards you'll find a little below this board.

b) Social Groups- They are below discussions. All boards from ACW to Wolfkin are Social Groups. They are loosely based on WoT and are a good place to hang out, make friends. In my opinion, most of the fun occurs there.

c) Roleplaying Groups- Below Social Groups, all boards are related to roleplaying. They are the place for you if you are interested in roleplaying.

Hope to see you around :wink:

Hi Square248,

Interesting name you have!

Joining a social group at first seemes a bit easier but that doesn't tsop you from joining all of them and the RP site :tongue: It depends on your favourite characters and preferences - we have the White Towerw, where you could become a Warder of an Aes SEdai (no matter the gender), the Black Tower, The Shayol Ghul Shadow. I for example am part of the RP community but started with the White Tower as a Novice and in the Black one as a Soldier, so you see - it depends on you!

Tell us about which group (characters) in the books you find most interesting and we could help.

I would recommend Social Groups...nicest people are found there :)

joining a SG depends on what group you liked in books. I recommend ACW if you are interested in art, craft and writing. Black Tower is the most crazy group, taint is good and voices are your friends. Band has music stuff and lots more things which I have not yet discovered. Kin is quite cozy, small and family-like. Ogier is books, history and probably more that I should know but I don't. Shayol Ghul is the evilest, I don't recommend joining it unless you can insult others and have a tough skin to bear insults, I find it exhausting. White Tower is, I think, where everyone is, most people are part of WT from all parts of DM. Wolfkin is quiet but there is a sort of sibling-friendliness.

Hello & welcome to Dragonmount!

I'd agree with Panchi (who also gave a really nice rundown of the individual groups) that the social groups are probably the quickest way to get to know people and the best source of social interaction (as per the name "social group", duh). The conversation over at the discussion boards, while by no means dead, isn't quite as hot anymore as it would have been around this time a year ago. And on the RP boards you'll be interacting with people's fictional characters, as opposed to their real persons. Obviously.

I joined the Black Tower as my first social group because I have something of a fixation on the Asha'man in the series... you could say I joined for the fancy uniform, and stayed for the tainted brownies. x)

I hope to see you around the boards, and if you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask! ^_^

Welcome! Well, joining the groups would depend on your interests. I am in the White Tower and Warders. Just a heads up, you cannot see all of the boards there until and if you decide to join. You can choose to become an Aes Sedai or Warder by fulfilling the requirements.

In the role playing section, a character you create can move up through the ranks but in the Tower you do that as yourself, if that makes any sense. RP can be fun if you are into writing.

Each group has their own focus and activities. There is no limit on how many groups you can join. The groups are a good place to meet people who can become friends.

Ryrin, Sitter of the Green Ajah.

Welcome to Dragonmount,

as some of the members told u already, i would advise u to check the social communities where u could do some soft roleplaying and have different kinds of discussion.

but whatever ur choice will be, i hope u will enjoy ur time with us :)

Thank you :) I'd really like to be a part of this community, which of the three would you recommend would be the best place for me to start at?

:P

It depends what you enjoy. If in your spare time you enjoy writing then role playing should be right up your alley. If you like theorizing over the going ons in the books, real life events, movies, games and news then you should start with discussions. If you want to interact with people on a more social level then you should hit the social groups. That about sums it up. If you're not specific about your likes and dislikes, I suggest visiting all three and see which of them spanks your inner moppet ;)

Hi btw =)

Nyn

Archived