DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

And yet....another

proctermma

Hey everyone!  I'm new here, well posted once a long time ago, and cant find my log in info so I just made a new one!  I went to the last JordanCon since I live up in Cleveland, GA with another buddy of mine! Was cool, next time please have more food up in that hotel room upstairs for me to eat!  :)  What was there was good though!  Loved the cookies!

Anyways, need some advice...I am halfway done with the second to last book, I am up to the part where Perrin and the wolves just realize that the Last Hunt BEGINS!!!!!

I love the series SOOOO MUCH and I don't want to finish it, but it is getting so good. Advice from finished readers needed. Take it really slow and enjoy it! Or knock it out and start on the prequil, I think its "New Spring" about Lan and Morraine?

Thanks for the help, hope to see you at the next JordanCon, loved the costumes!

Welcome. I read "New Spring" after the third book and thought it was a perfect time to read it. I knocked out the last book. But then, I knew that once it was finished, I still had the WoT here at Dragonmount. :)

Have you had time to explore a bit here?

Welcome to DM proctermma! Make sure to ask us if you have any questions about the site, there are a lot of helpful types around here who would be happy to answer or point you in the right direction.

Personally, I devoured the last book in two marathon sittings just to get the end of the story, then immediately started a re-read (starting with New Spring) and took my time when I got back to AMoL.

I remember my first visits here and I felt the same way. :)

Basically, we have a discussion area, role playing and social groups. The role play section is where you create your own character and interact with other characters. With some of the social groups, like the White Tower and Warders, you cannot see all of the boards until or if you decide to join. Each group has its own focus and activities and there is no limit on how many you can join. My choice has been to spend my time in the White Tower and Warders. If you have any questions or need help, be sure to ask.

Ryrin, Green Ajah Sitter

Welcome to Dragonmount! :D

Like Ryrin says, the social groups all have slightly different focus; the Band of the Red Hand has music/concert reviews and talk and the Black Tower is a spam playground of randomness, and the Tuatha'an have a writers' section where I keep meaning to sign up but never remember... But they're all social groups, and the main thing is getting to know each other and having a "home on the Internet" kind of place to come back to and chill at the end of the day. Or something.

Also, regarding the reading question, I did the same as Songstress (and a lot of other people); blitzed through AMoL on my first read-through, then reread the whole series and took some more focus once I reached AMoL again. x)

• 1 month later...

Welcome to Dragonmount, proctermma! I am also new here, but it's definitely the place to go to get a fix of WoT and to find others who love it too. Enjoy AMoL...it's definitely EPIC! Of course, you will most likely have the same feelings at the end that most of us had...it's over too soon, and doesn't wrap up every thread of the stories, but is still a great read.

Archived