DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Who is more awesome

badhead

As far as I recall, Tam has skill with 3 weapons; Rhuarc, I think 2.

Tam::  sword, bow, quarterstaff.

Rhuarc ::  spear, bow

Though Rhuarc has more children than Tam.

Rhuarc is the husband of a channeler.  Both he and she leaders.

Doubtfully Tam's wife (Kari) being able to channel.  Not sure if either Tam or Kari being leaders.

As far as I recall, Tam has skill with 3 weapons; Rhuarc, I think 2.

Tam::  sword, bow, quarterstaff.

Rhuarc ::  spear, bow

Though Rhuarc has more children than Tam.

Rhuarc is the husband of a channeler.  Both he and she leaders.

Doubtfully Tam's wife (Kari) being able to channel.  Not sure if either Tam or Kari being leaders.

He also has more wives  :tongue:

Archery and other ranged weapons require mainly these (but not much else)::  loading & aiming, then shooting.  And after shooting, it is pretty much done.

Also, they generally stay in a fixed position and a fixed posture.  And there are no tricks.

In combat, the combatants generally move about and/or change posture.  And each can use various tricks.

I think you're equivocating between combat (understood as a part of warfare) and single combat. In warfare, archers (and other skirmishers) aren't generally engaged with a particular opponent in one-on-one combat, certainly not in the same way that cavalry and foot are. But they're definitely engaged in combat more generally.

Either way, it doesn't seem relevant to your disagreement. You characterised your point in terms of skill with weapons, and Sabio's point was just that you forgot that Rhuarch is proficient in the Aiel martial arts, meaning that his hands are a third form of weaponry. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived