DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Hello

Auren Lifelong

Hello,

My name is Martin and naturaly i have read the WoT books over 5 times. I knew that there are online RP forums related to the series so i decided to join a community that is active in RP. I am still lost, but i will get there. Again, nice to meet you all and happy meetings along the way!

Hi!!! Welcome to DM. I think you will like our RP. We have social groups too so you might find something you like there as well.

We are happy you decided to join us!!

Hello!

Hopefully I can clear things up just a little for you here. Dragonmount can be thought of as having 2 different 'sides'.

One being the Social Side, which has everything from forums to discuss the books, debate on real life hot topics, or just hang out AS YOURSELF in groups who are roughly focused on having fun in the same way - like the Tinker Group is where people go to discuss Crafts, Art and Writing in Real Life, The Black Tower is where people go for pure spam and silly, Shayol Ghul is where the more 'evil' or sarcastic people go...check out all the Social Groups to get a better feel of where you AS YOURSELF would best fit - you can join any and all of them if you choose to, and you will see a lot of cross over in members in the social groups.

The other side of Dragonmount is the Role Playing side, where you CREATE A CHARACTER and play it out as if if were living in the world that Robert Jordan created for the Wheel of Time series. This section is broken into smaller Roleplaying Groups (subsections which focus on the type/culture of character you make) to better help members get started playing. And yes, you can make multiple characters as well. You can have up to 3 characters from each culture (though most people do not go that extreme). I personally have 2 Aes Sedai, 1 Aeil, and 1 Child of the Light. But there are lots of other options.

You are able to interact on both sides, but you really need to understand the difference between BEING YOU IN SOCIAL GROUPS and PLAYING A CHARACTER IN ROLEPLAY GROUPS. 

I know it can be very confusing to get started, but if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask me. I am a Group Leader of one of the Social Groups, and a Group Leader of one of the Roleplay Groups so I should be able to help you sort things out either way. 

What Kat said. Plus, you can join as many social groups as you wish. Choose the ones that appeal to you, where you will enjoy yourself and have fun.

I do want to note that you cannot see all of the boards in the White Tower or Warders until you join. That is the only place to become a Warder by completing the requirments. While we may earn certain titles or fulfill certain jobs in the Tower, we are ourselves, not characters living in the WoT world, if that makes any sense. RP is where you do that.

Ryrin, there is a warders rp group, so technically there are warders there too.

The warders in the white tower and warders social group are a title YOU can get after YOU post a certain amount of required things and interact with other PEOPLE a certain amount.

The Warders in the role playing group are CHARACTERS who have bios and post the requirement role play plots to have the CHARACTER earn the title.

Greetings Auren. Welcome to DM. If you're interested in joining us in the RP groups, then I suggest you read over the information provided in the 'Welcome Inn' section of DM. And don't be too worried if you make a mistake, there are always others to point them out if you get it wrong. I myself had a rather rough start in the beginning - as did everyone I'm sure. But if you have any more questions, I'll be more than willing to help you get started. My Mail box is always open to newcomers.

Ryrin, there is a warders rp group, so technically there are warders there too.

The warders in the white tower and warders social group are a title YOU can get after YOU post a certain amount of required things and interact with other PEOPLE a certain amount.

The Warders in the role playing group are CHARACTERS who have bios and post the requirement role play plots to have the CHARACTER earn the title.

Thanks Kat.  I didn't know there were requirements to become a Warder in RP.

Hello Auren (or do you prefer to be called Martin? I can try to remember that), and welcome to DM! :D

You've read the series 5 times? Do you mean the whole series or bits of it before it was completed? (If you've read 5 times including AMoL, you've been busy the past year. ^^) Which book is your favourite? What about favourite character/s?

Everyone else seem to have covered the technical bits quite well already, but do feel free to ask any questions if there's still things you want clarification on. We're here to help you!

I hope you enjoy your stay and looking forward to seeing you around the boards!

Hello

Kathleen,

Thanks for clearing the difference between Rp and Social Groups for me, now the spine of the website is a bit more clear to me. I have already joined the Black Tower and i am in the civilian section of it. It is good to know that i can join as many Social Groups as i like and have multiple characters in each. Although i plan to have maybe one character in each group except the Traveling people although their songs and nomadic life is interesting and diverse. I think the next step that will bring me into Rp life is writing bios for my characters and submiting them.

From what i read in the replies my next stop would have to be the Welcome in where i can get a hold of the next triger that will slingshot me into action. I already get the bios and that from there there are certain  requirements that i have to do to obtain levels on my characters and get some status in the world of Jordan. I am surprised how neat everything here is and that everything is thought up and actualy working.

Chaelca, Sherper and Ryrin

Thank you for clearing few things for me.. does not matter how small they were. It helped. Thanks again for the warm welcomes.

NeverTame

Thanks for the welcome. As far as my reading of the books i likes the books so much that i did the following... After each new book would come out i would go back and read the series from the start and then would read the new book. I am a fast read. But i did that only for Robert Jordan Books. My other favourite writers are Eddings, Goodkind and Brooks. As far as the Books go my favourite has to be Lord of Chaos and the The Dragon Reborn, my favourite characters are Mat Cauthon, Moiraine Demodred, Aviendha, Lan Mandragoran and Rand Al'Thor, MIn Farshaw, Tuon and  Elayne Trakand. I lke also a bit how Jordan developed all the secondary characters and how he implemented them into the story. The Forsaken had a good impact on the story to.

Oh Hello!

Welcome to DM - it seems like you have been greeted and had everything explained :smile: I stick mostly to the Social Group side, and am a member in the Band of the Red Hand, the White and Black Towers, the Ogier, as well as a Writer in the Tuatha'an group. I hope to see you around!

I love that you are a SoT fan! I loved that series. Have you read the two post-series books? There is one that is a different world, but slightly related to SoT called Law of Nines, and then the Omen Machine, which was the first in a series taking place immediately after Confessor and it's set with Richard and Kahlan in the Rahl world.

Chaelca - you should totally check it out!

Ry, I think you would love it too (the full series, beyond the first book), but definitely read the series before you watch the show. I couldn't get into the show as much, personally, because they changed so much stuff from the book to the screen, but I know quite a few people who really enjoyed it. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Aidanna

I knew that there are some other books related to the SoT but i just recently got them and are waiting to be read from my E-book reader. Right now i am kindof reading Connfesor. But after the grand finale of the SoT books the Confesor book is kind of borring. Maybe i need to come to it back latter on. Instead i am reading some side literature on Druids and Wicca  and having another run at the WoT books.

Archived