DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Leelou

Arkham Villains - Game Over - scum win

Sorry if I'm not being too helpful.  I just don't really have any strong opinions of most of the players yet.  There are a few that where I get the feeling that they are trying to hide something and they are Ishy, Verb, Darthe, and Luci.

Sorry if I'm not being too helpful.  I just don't really have any strong opinions of most of the players yet.  There are a few that where I get the feeling that they are trying to hide something and they are Ishy, Verb, Darthe, and Luci.

The four most active participants in the game. :dry:

Guess we should all just lurk like you and let the scum pick us off one by one. Brilliant plan.

I'm mostly going from my gut feeling here but I'll do a quick re-read and post my thoughts.

Verb you were the one that called for the train on salami. 

Also Darthe was the final vote needed for him even though he said he thought him to be town.

Ishy and Luci are buddying up a lot but that could just be their normal behavior coming into the game.

Also after this re-read both pandy and golden were pinging me.  They both were going after Salami hard.

It's ok Dav!  Just enjoy the game and have fun. :happy:  I'm going to go with the advice given to me and just get my reads out, be they right or wrong.  Just do your best. :happy:

Still reading scum on Ish, Verb.  The hammer that Darthe did on Csarmi is null to me because it could be eager scum or town.  The way his train built so fast indicates overzealous mafia and town going in together.

Vote Count

Ishy (2) - Darthe, Kronos

Pandy (2) - Verbal, Nyn

Hallia (1) - Ishy

Not voting - Luci, Pandy, Dav, Goldy, RTE, Hallia

With 11 alive it takes 6 to lynch. 

Okay Hallia, after rereading your post I can see what you mean. Ishy did flip from saying that Salami was town to saying that he was scummy. It was early in the game though and it's reasonable to expect facetious play then. 

Luciena, you seem to have a bit of a relationship with Ishy outside of this mafia game. Just be warned that if he is mafia and you are town, he will not hesitate to be ruthless. On the other hand, he was also the first player to spring to your defense when you got some pressure on day one, so I still consider it possible that you are on a team together. Either way, the link that you two have is an interesting one.

I'll address Verbal's vote for me. He seemed to object to me saying that I was cautious of him and Ishy in general. That's a meta thing, not a game thing, and I have no idea why it's worth a vote. He also apparently objects to me expressing surprise at his own vote for Salami. Just to recap, this is his vote for Salami, resting on an obviously flimsy case from Goldeneyes: 

I'm sold.

Vote: Salami

In any case, now we have both Verbal and Ishy on record as voting for a townie's lynch. I predict that at least one of them is scum, since both should know better. 

My best bet right now is Davrick for his active lurking and general nonsense, for example: 

I'm all caught up and this thing between Luci and Csarmi is fishy.  I'm thinking one of them have to be scummy.

You both just keep digging into each other.  Like you are trying to hide something.

Finally, a question for Goldeneyes: what do you think, in hindsight, about Salami? 

Vote: Davrick

Vote Count

Pandy (2) - Verbal, Nyn

Hallia (1) - Ishy

Dav (1) - Pandy

Not voting - Luci, Dav, Goldy, RTE, Hallia

Hrm ok let's see what we have here.

Town vibe: 

Luci - That newbie town play <3

Nyn - Solid posting, nothing really stands out but leaning town. 

Darthe - Not playing as erratically as when he's scum. Sadly his read of me is quite accurate based on my previous few games. Boo. Otherwise on his "not so existent" Darthe meta. 

Unsure:

Ishy - Don't really know which way to go with him. I really dislike his playstyle the more and more I play. He expects people to blindly follow him due to his experience given that he seldom shares reasoning for his views or is very cooperative at all. That doesn't speak to his effectiveness but expecting people to follow you because you're good isn't good enough. Even if it's just based on your gut, at least say that. I'd say Ishy's playstyle isn't quite pro-town but when he's town he can carry the team. But if he's scum...? 

Hallia - Very flowery, positive posting. Like she isn't playing the game but is only cheerleading for it sorta. Strikes me as odd.

Verbal - Can't discredit him for thinking Salami was scummy but his defence of Goldy is still really irking me. See where his play goes I guess... Very defensive against Darthe because of people saying he has a lurky playstyle when he's actually been quite active. 

Leaning scum:

Pandy - Very poor posting and playing thus far. I especially am not fond of his last post: ignores almost all criticisms against him and makes some poor quotes to try to justify following people on the Dav train. Not saying Dav isn't looking at least a bit scummy, but that last post doesn't mean pandy is playing. It means he's trying to look like he's playing. My opinion anyways.  

Dav - Not playing up to his own standards I think. Some shoddy posting and lack of effort towards making any significant contribution to the game strike me as curious. Not getting a good vibe from him. 

No Read:

Kronos

Vote Pandy

Trying too hard to look town and look like he's making an effort. Weak vote on Dav, shown by the weak quotes he pulled. Bad day 1 play. 

RTE: What criticisms would you like me to address? I think I explained my reasoning enough to counter Nyn's claim of being lazy, and all darthe said was that I was unexpectedly docile or something? 

Also, what Dav train are you referring to? 

Vote Count

Pandy (3) - Verbal, Nyn, RTE

Hallia (1) - Ishy

Dav (1) - Pandy

Not voting - Luci, Dav, Goldy, Hallia

I also don't get why you don't like my Dav case. I said active lurking and general nonsense, you said 'shoddy posting and lack of effort'. Seems like generally the same thing. I'm not sure how else you would want me to prove my point of active lurking, and the quotes support my claim of nonsense quite nicely, because Luci and Salami weren't engaged in a thing...

So basically, you want to say that Dav is scummy but you don't want to vote for him. Is that correct? 

I didn't understand your choice of quoting his posts at all. Seemed very poor if relevant to your argument and if those quotes are the reason you're voting him that's weaksauce.

I am voting him for active lurking and for nonsense such as that which I quoted, as I explained in reply to you above. It is an example of the shoddy play that you also noted.

I don't know how much clearer I can be. Have you come across the term active lurking before?

Ok, besides what I consider to be a very weak case on Dav, here is some of your brighter posts that I find problems with: 

Unvote, vote: Luciena

Yup. 

First vote on Luci, after you tried for whatever reason to get Darthe to justify you voting her first... 

Then when she calls you out on it...

It's gut based on the pseudo-analytical posts and the lack of actual votes. I don't have a stronger read on anybody else.

Fine. But then you move off of Luci so fast and have since completely made no mention of your gut feeling of her. You link her to Ishy but then what? What happened to your gut feeling on her? Now you only think that she's linked to Ishy for better or worse but nothing more? 

I forgot how angry people get in mafia. Sheesh. 

3.  I've played longer than everybody in the game.  You're all noobs, then.  Pissing contest over now?

>.>

Well, anyway. 

Obviously Luci isn't the lynch for today. The Goldeneyes vs Salami thing is probably a bit of a non-event, though, and it feels like town vs town to me. Seriously, you're not going to catch scum by arguing about the definition of 'noob' and whether or not it's an insult. But then again, day one is always a bit of a shot in the dark no matter how much people argue (catastrophic errors by the scum team notwithstanding) and I'm okay with letting this lynch happen. I did laugh at the 'I seldom lie in mafia games' line. Heh. 

The two people I'm most cautious about (on general principle) are Verb and Ishy. Goldeneyes' case on Salami is not strong and I was surprised that Verbal agreed with it so quickly. Ishy is the most inscrutable player I know and is good both as scum and town. He wants Salami lynched and on Day One I can go along with that. If he's scum, the only way I think to catch him short of a cop viewing is to compare his votes against the alignments of people who flip. We will see. 

So, unvote, vote: Salami. L-1. Claim time!

There is so much wrong with this post. Let's go.

1. You say Goldy vs Salami is probably town vs. town.

2. Despite this, you're "ok with letting this lynch happen". May I remind you that you did not "let this lynch happen", you put Salami at -1. You were an active part of that lynch. You didn't just "let it happen". And if you think both people are town, why would you let it happen, much less be an active part of the train and put someone you think is town at L-1?

3. You say the case on Salami is not strong (and mention Verb's ease on agreeing with it).

4. Ishy wants Salami lynched on day 1. You think Salami is likely town and you note that Ishy is good as town and scum but you vote with him anyways on someone you think is likely town. 

5. You say that to catch a scummy Ishy you need to compare his votes against the flip. Well Salami flipped town, so now what?

And then you put Salami at -1, despite you thinking that he and Goldy are town whereas you had suspicions on Verbal and Ishy. 

Now today you say you are still suspicious of Verbal and Ishy. Continuity is great. Where is your vote? On Dav. With two weak quotes to support your equally weak argument. I feel like you are picking a likely candidate that people have brought up, providing poor reasons for voting him, and not putting your money where your mouth is on Verbal and Ishy. Not to mention you put Salami at L-1 when you thought he was possibly town and you've backed off on Luci despite linking her to Ishy, whom you already suspect in the first place.

No bueno. 

In any case, now we have both Verbal and Ishy on record as voting for a townie's lynch. I predict that at least one of them is scum, since both should know better.

Are you saying I should have known Salami was town? Did you really just say that?

Scumhunting doesn't get much easier that that, folks. Only scum know who town is.

String him up.

I didn't put anyone at L-1. Also on a weekday I only get a couple of chances to post something while I'm at work, most of that time I spend reading others posts.

Are you saying I should have known Salami was town? Did you really just say that?

Scumhunting doesn't get much easier that that, folks. Only scum know who town is.

String him up.

I can agree with this

unvote, vote pandy

Vote Count

Pandy (4) - Verbal, Nyn, RTE, Kronos

Ishy (1) - Darthe

Hallia (1) - Ishy

Dav (1) - Pandy

Not voting - Luci, Dav, Goldy, Hallia

Edited by Leelou

My best bet right now is Davrick for his active lurking and general nonsense, for example: 

Finally, a question for Goldeneyes: what do you think, in hindsight, about Salami? 

In hindsight he played scummy as hell and then basically punished town by refusing to claim on principle in a condescending manner. Not happy it was a mislynch, bit town won't miss him.

Also, FOS Pandy for trying to get town cred off from retroactively decrying a mislynch he did nothing to stop if he was so sure about it being wrong. I don't want a fast D-2 so I'm unwilling to vote at present. 

@ mod - is deadline tomorrow at around 4:30 CST?

Technically, yes. I haven't implemented it yet, I was going to wait til this afternoon to put in the 24 hour limit.