DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

This will happen in A MEMORY OF LIGHT:

DocBean

Just to get an idea of what we need to see in the last book let's list all the things that need to happen. Seems like a lot to me for one book.

a little thing called Tarmon Gai'don

Moraine will be rescued - bout freakin time

Lan will march to Tarwin's Gap

Matt will lose an eye and develop a Canon.

Egwene will unite the Tower somehow.

the Tower will be attacked by Seanchan

Rand will deal with Semirhage

Cadsuage will teach all the Ashamen something

Taim and the Black Tower will be dealt with

Galad will hook up with Berelain

Elayne will have some babies

Elayne will prepare Andor for the last battle

Logain will achieve power

Rand will fake his death - I think anyway

Tam will be a badass - I hope

Slayer will be dealt with

we will find out who the darkhounds in COT are hunting

Fain will save the day for the good guys - well, maybe not

added - eclipse during the last battle

added - the Tinkers' Song will be found (or remembered)

added - Matt will blow the horn - although, I'm not sure who's left to respond

added - A Seanchan Woman with a sword will save Egwene somehow.

added - Hurin the Sniffer will return, says RJ....unless he already did - I forget.

um, that's all I've got so far.

What else is going to happen?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I apologize in advance for my ignorance, and the fact that I don't have the books with me right now, but where is this "Mat losing an eye" coming from? This doesn't have anything to do with the giving up half the light in the world, does it?

I apologize in advance for my ignorance' date=' and the fact that I don't have the books with me right now, but where is this "Mat losing an eye" coming from? This doesn't have anything to do with the giving up half the light in the world, does it?[/quote']

It is an unconfirmed theory that Mat Cauthon will lose an eye. It is the most popular translation of him giving up half the light of the world to save the world. This not only fits that prophecy, but there was also a dread that Egwene had of Mat with blood running down his face.

Guest Barmacral

In regards to Siuan and Leanne, I think that for them to get completely healed, they would have to be severed and rehealed by a man, presumably Damer Flinn.

However, this is not guarunteed to work, as since they have been partially healed once, its possible that this has permanently limited their ability to channel, no matter how many times they get severed and healed after that.

Yep, that's right Matt will lose an eye. We've seen two dreams, or maybe one was a Min viewing, that deal with matt and blood running down his face and a bandage or something. The Snakes or Foxes told him he'd give up half the light of the world to save the world. Although, this is another theory that I've been very proud of myself for figuring out, just like I was proud of myself for figuring out Demandred is Taim, and we see how that turned out. So we'll see.

I think the Berelain and Galad just makes since, hottest two people in all of Randland, like Angelina and Brad.

As for Fain saving the day, I wouldn't be surprised, everyone hates him, the shadow and the light, I see him like a Smegal from Lord of the Rings character, we don't know what he might do at this point.

What other things need to happen? I know I missed a few.

I agree about Berelain and Galad - it makes sense. However, I disagree with Mat losing an eye. It doesn't say he'll give up half the light of HIS world, rather he'll give up half the light of THE world. Just my $.02.....

And I'd definitely like to see Fain have some sort of impact against the Shadow. I'm eager to see the extent of his power, and I'd like to see him redeem himself, sort of. And then get his head chopped off by Perrin. That would be ok with me.

It doesn't say he'll give up half the light of HIS world' date=' rather he'll give up half the light of THE world.[/quote']

So .... you think he's going to blow up half of the sun?

That just reminded me.

We're going to have an eclipse during the last battle.

Moon by Day, Sun by Night.

I don't remember the exact quotes.

It doesn't say he'll give up half the light of HIS world' date=' rather he'll give up half the light of THE world.[/quote']

To be honest, I have no clue. I just don't see Mat having severe injuries like Rand has. Perhaps it has something to do with the fireworks/canons, who knows?

Guest Barmacral

That just reminded me.

We're going to have an eclipse during the last battle.

Moon by Day, Sun by Night.

I don't remember the exact quotes.

The lions sing and the hills take flight.

The moon by day, and the sun by night.

Blind woman, deaf man, jackdaw fool.

Let the Lord of Chaos rule.

-Chant from a childrens game

heard in the great Arvalon,

the Fourth Age

There was also a vision dream of Mat holding a balance scale with his eye on one side and an Aes Sedai on the other. I think we will see pirate Matt with a foxy eye-patch AAARRRRRGH!

Also the Shaido have been dealt with. The Wise Ones are leashed and the fighters are either prisoners or slinking back to the waste. Those headed back to the waste will probably seek to avoid all attention and are effectively out of the story.

Also the Shaido have been dealt with. The Wise Ones are leashed and the fighters are either prisoners or slinking back to the waste. Those headed back to the waste will probably seek to avoid all attention and are effectively out of the story.

What happend to Sevanna (or whatever her name is), the stand-in clan chief of the Shaido?? Something needs to happen to her and her infatuation with Rand. Wasn't there another man sent to Ruiddean to test to become clan chief?

Guest Barmacral

Not Therava, Sevanna. That is all explained in KoD, and if you haven't read that yet, you may want to do so before you look further into this matter, then at least the matter won't be spoiled for you.

Not Therava' date=' Sevanna. That is all explained in KoD, and if you haven't read that yet, you may want to do so before you look further into this matter, then at least the matter won't be spoiled for you.[/quote']

I read it, I just forget what happened.

I guess I should pull the book back out of that box in my basment.

Sevana was naked on the Seanchan general's horse at the end of the fight at Malden. I suspect she will either be a nice cup-bearer or get her throat slit but probably not "on-screen." Thereva is leading the remnant of the Shaido back to the waste.

There is some speculation that her band of Shaido may be the "remnant of a remnant" that survives the last battle.

Hurin the Sniffer will return, says RJ. unless he has already.... has he?

Week 5 Question: Will Hurin the Sniffer return in any of the remaining books? Please? We miss him. Could you share some insight as to why you decided not to use him after The Great Hunt?

Robert Jordan Answers: He'll turn up again. He hasn't reappeared earlier because the part he had to play was a sidelight to the main story. You should be able to glean some of what he was doing, what effect he and the news he brought was having, from the news that came out of the Borderlands in the books following The Dragon Reborn, though.

I've always held to the Mat losing his eye interpretation of the "giving up half the light of the world" prophecy, however a thought just occured to me...

What if it is in reference for him pursuing gunpowder weapons and unleashing THAT upon the world (after his visions of what the wolrd would be like aftewards), changing war forever, yet using them in some decisive battle?

Who knows. I still think him losing an eye probably still makes more sense.

Archived