DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Brown Ajah Book Challenge 2014 (Discussion and questions)

I never thought of that. <.< I could try.

Though I do still have two books left in the Sherlock Holmes collection I got last year, and I got the three lord of the rings books for Christmas. So I'll go through those first :)

In all honesty, with the time crunch this year there is a good chance I won't even get through them. :(

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finished Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes last night.  I really liked it!  I can't remember the title of the next book in the series, though.  But I need to finish reading Gertrude and Claudius first anyway.  lol  I'm reading so many books right now...

Thanks, Jenn. I'm going to. I'm still figuring the thing out.

What kind of tablet do you have? I have the samsung galaxy note 10.1 and it's pretty awesome :biggrin:

Down another chapter in my reread of Crown of Swords - 50% of the way through the book according to my kindle!

does/has anybody read the Dark-Hunter series by Sherrilyn Kenyon?? im in love with them!!! (although I stopped reading the Dream-Hunter and Hell-chaser series after the first books because I didn't find them as interesting)

Thanks, Jenn. I'm going to. I'm still figuring the thing out.

What kind of tablet do you have? I have the samsung galaxy note 10.1 and it's pretty awesome :biggrin:

Down another chapter in my reread of Crown of Swords - 50% of the way through the book according to my kindle!

Yeah, that's what I have too. :)

Anyone with a nook want to be nook friends to share books?

Sure :smile: I haven't done that before so I need to figure out how to do it!

LOVE the siggies Basel!!!

I know they're gorgeous. 

I'm just waiting for a spare few minutes to sit and upload them all into my rotation  :biggrin:

I love those too Basel.

I have a question.  What if you started a book in 2013 and finish it in 2014?  Can it go on the list?

I love those too Basel.

I have a question. What if you started a book in 2013 and finish it in 2014? Can it go on the list?

I don't have a problem with it.

Edited by Basel Gill

I love those too Basel.

I have a question. What if you started a book in 2013 and finish it in 2014? Can it go on the list?

I don't have a problem with it.

Ok, thanks.  I may use it if needed.

Basel, how do I add a siggy to my rotation?

Edited by Ryrin

So I have been reading Rithmatist - I'm not finished yet, as this cold has my brain on slow, but I think I have it figured out. 

We shall see - sometimes I like it when I figure the plot and mystery out, but the author really has to keep it going in a good way. If not, I will think it was too easy. But it still is going good, so we shall see if I really figured it out. I should have the book finished tomorrow. 

I finished The Rithmatist. 

It was great!

I had a whole big post written and then lost it, but the book was short and sweet and really fun. There was some "Typical" Sanderson stuff - like an underdog hero character, which was cool. I thought I had the antagonist and some of the reasoning and plot figured out, and I didn't  - some stuff I was able to figure out, but the plot line and the characters were really well created and Sanderson threw in enough curve balls that I never really had it figured out :wink: It was a fun one!

Ok, thanks.  I may use it if needed.

Basel, how do I add a siggy to my rotation?

First you need to download the image to your own computer. Then go to this thread, download the unfreeze app (which supposedly doesn't work well with Macs, although I don't know firsthand about that part), and follow the instructions.

http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/topic/45379-avatar-and-signature-rotations-download-and-instructions/

Edited by Basel Gill

I finished The Rithmatist.

It was great!

I had a whole big post written and then lost it, but the book was short and sweet and really fun. There was some "Typical" Sanderson stuff - like an underdog hero character, which was cool. I thought I had the antagonist and some of the reasoning and plot figured out, and I didn't - some stuff I was able to figure out, but the plot line and the characters were really well created and Sanderson threw in enough curve balls that I never really had it figured out :wink: It was a fun one!

I loved Rithmatist!! I had it figured out by the end, though. I still enjoyed it immensely! I thought I had Steelheart figured out, but was pleasantly surprised at that ending.

Rithmatist spoilers!

My sister was half way through, when I had already finished, and she told me that if Joel didn't become a Rithmatist at the end, she was going to throw the book through the window. I very strongly disagreed! If Joel became a Rithmarist, it would have been too easy. I love that Sanderson made it more realistic! We don't always get what we want--like getting a Hogwarts letter on your 11th birthday--and adding in a bit more disappointment makes me like Joel more!

I finished my second book of the year yesterday: Gertrude and Claudius.  The purpose of the book was to put them in a more sympathetic light than the play did.

However, the writing style over all was just tedious and boring.  In the end, Gertrude seemed whiny and bratty, and unwilling to change herself.  Claudius seemed like his scheming self.  I was reading it, because I'm writing a novelization of Hamlet, and my professor recommended it.  I'm just glad I'm done reading it.  lol