DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Basel Gill

Brown Ajah Book Challenge 2014 (Discussion and questions)

I always love rereading WoT, Basel! It's just hard to find time to finish the one I'm working in now. :(

But, I just finished reading The Strange Case of Origami Yoda by Tom Angleberger, and wanted to say how cute it was. It's written for about 4th grade reading level, so it took me all of about 40 minutes to read the whole thing, but it was adorable! I think the character, Dwight--who is the "owner" of Origami Yoda--is supposed to be autistic. He does a lot of strange things that I've noticed my autistic children at school doing. And reading it through that lense was rewarding, because Dwight and Origami Yoda save the day! I wonder if it can inspire my kids at school?

There's tons of Star Wars references--and other pop culture things too. It was funny and sweet. If you're looking for something silly and easy--and don't mind reading children's books--give this one a try!

I gotta stop reading these long books. Messes with my book count! Just finished Jacquline Carey's nine books about Terre D'Ange, and I've used over two months on them. And then I compensated by reading all three Hunger games books in three days XD

Been thinking about doing a page count next year. Figure otu how many pages I've read this year and then try to beat that.

Edited by Misheru

A page count is something I've considered in previous years. While I'm rereading TGH, this weekend I began an ebook series called The United States of Vinland. It's an alternate world in which the Viking colonies in North America succeeded. This first book is the final ebook on my own Amazon account of all the ebooks I had bought before Cindy and I moved in together. Amazon refuses to unify two different accounts in the event of marriage, so we decided that we are going to do all of our Amazon business on her account. All of the physical items we have bought from them has been on her account. Once I finish this book, I will deregister the Kindle apps on my devices and reregister them in her name.

Just finished Legion: Skin Deep by Brandon Sanderson.  I absolutely love Stephen Leeds as a character, and I love all his aspects!  I hope Brandon writes more and more and more in this series.

Just finished Legion: Skin Deep by Brandon Sanderson.  I absolutely love Stephen Leeds as a character, and I love all his aspects!  I hope Brandon writes more and more and more in this series.

The ebook is available yet in Britain and I'm so annoyed about it! I was really looking forward to it!

I'm 12 short of my goal, but getting ready to spend a week at my mom's house, with a 3-1/2 hour plane ride on either side. If I don't try to finish my ASoIaF reread, I may just squeeze them all in. :laugh:

It's 11:56 PM where I am, and I got to 98/100... so not too shabby :smile:

Happy New Year all!

I suppose I should get the ball rolling today on the 2015 version.

Yep. *waits*

The '15 challenge is up! I'm going to have to wait till the weekend to do the final update on the '14 edition.

Okay, I just got done making the final tallies for '14. The Browns won this round, with a grand total of 87.4% of their goal met. Non-Browns read just over 3/4 of their collective goal at 75.2%

Some of you beat your goals. Mashi DOUBLED her goal. And a special shout-out should go to Time, who completed 489 books. :blink:

Impressive. Very impressive.