DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Siuan and Morriane

Ace Sedai

Did anyone else mourn their lack of a catch up/truimph moment?

Siuan devolved from a determined and strong willed woman to irritated,flirty handmaid as the series went along but really,she and Morriane had as much hand in the victory of light as anyone.

But yeah, I would have loved a brief scene.

Siaun was also looking for a purpose, she had hopes of guiding and maybe pulling a few strings on Egwene but discovered that wasn't going to happen.  I am not sure she knew really what to do with herself as just a normal Aes Sedai.  Not sure I ever saw her as flirty either, some of that might of been unexpectedly finding herself in love. 

Siaun was also looking for a purpose, she had hopes of guiding and maybe pulling a few strings on Egwene but discovered that wasn't going to happen.  I am not sure she knew really what to do with herself as just a normal Aes Sedai.  Not sure I ever saw her as flirty either, some of that might of been unexpectedly finding herself in love. 

The pulling strings... no didn't happen. The guiding, yep it did. The reunion 'tween Lan and Moiraine was also something I wanted to see. No, neither Siuan nor Moiraine could be described as "flirty".

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I just finished a reread of MoL and was just pointing this out to my friend.  I was very disappointed that there was no Moiraine/Siuan reunion.  It's understandable that Moiraine/Lan just looked at each other.  I wouldn't expect either of them to show much emotion towards each other considering their relationship.  There should have been at least a paragraph between the 2 old pillow friends.  They started this whole damn thing!

I think it typical of the whole WoT. Theres hardly room for sentiment, never mind nostalia.

I personally would of liked to of seen Egwene' wedding performed in the 2R with all the old gang there, maybe them having a few jars in the Winespring after it. It sounds cloying i know but considering the bride and groom later die. *shug* . Mat just leaves his whole family behind and doesnt look back, i think he asks about his da in tEoTW, when they meet nynaeve and spares a thought in tSR when he hears about the whitecloaks. But after that nothing. Not even a thought for his dear old mum.

Anyway Moiraine and Siuan. I thought, Moiraine' turning up at the FoM a perfect opportunity for that little reunion. But no. Just another opportunity wasted to make the book better.

With all the loose ends i would have been perfectly happy to see two books deal with the last battle. When you think about it. The dissatisfaction about certain charactors dying of screen, the anticlimatic ending of fain, dobraine being forgotten, i would of liked to know what happened to the band of the red hand, after TG. Did they disband? Go with mat to seanchan? Did Talmanes take leadership of it? And more. It seemed the deadline to get the book out was all though. The fans deserved better for the loyalty shown over decades. If it would of taken two books to get everything perfect for each charactor that IMO is what should of been done.

I thought it was in character for Matt to head off and not look back but not for Siuan and Moiraine to fail to have a reunion scene or for Moiraine and Lan either. I'm sure Lan came to understand why Moiraine did what she did and came to "bless" her for it.

I think the deadline was alot of it, and RJ didn't leave enough room.  PoD-Kod probably could have been two books with little loss because if you cut out two-thirds of Perrin moping about Faile, I still think you would have conveyed the message with the other third. When Cairhienen reserve cracks is one I would love to have seen with suian and Moirraine.

I thought the Band was contracted to work for Elayne. The Band was low on my list of loose ends though.

And other peoples. But i loved the whole idea of the band, and the fact mat doesnt even thank them for getting him home and tuon safe is grating. They sung his name. But no mention of its legacy. I no other people will be wanting other loose ends tied ( me too) but the band was a big one for me.

Archived