DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ultimate Sacrifice [Jaydena&Cairma]

Guest Arie Ronshor

Guest Arie Ronshor

Cairma left the Ronshor household with a higher head and a lightened heart. Although she was nervious beyond reasoning. It was one thing to be in service tot he Tower, but to dedicate your life to protecting one soul, living only so that they may live. Her resolve was firm, and she had much to say, but she wasn't sure if she would be accepted. She wanted nothing more than a friendship from this woman, and the idea of her living in her head, and she in her's...

Shaking her head, Cairma walked the thousand steps into the green quarters with Beast strapped to her back, her Heron-marked sword at her waist and dressed in her best leathers, her weathered hands knocked gently on Jaydena's door. Hoping the woman was actually within. And half hoping she wasn't.

Cairma Vishnu

BladeMaster

(timeline.. before borderlands.. after East... )

Jaydena hummed, her thoughts light as she dusted her shelves, and cleaned her rooms. Of course she had servants that did this, the Green Ajah had it's own, but there was something about getting down and dirty that calmed her. She chuckled and shook her head at those thoughts, that could be taken so many ways. Picking up a statue of a auburn haired woman holding a flame in her hand, one she had created as a young Sedai, she dusted it and returned it to the shelf. She began singing softly about a young barmaid, she kicked up her heels and danced around as she grabbed a sword off the shelf.

Oh the young barmaid, she loved them all

She grinned at them and with a flip of her wrist

took them for all they had..

Jade kicked her voice up a notch, replacing the sword with stead hands. Things were looking up these days, her friendship with Sira wasn't as bad as it had been in the past. She finally had a job that she had wanted for many years and she was dealing with the loss of Seia. Lots of people didn't even get as long as they had, she would cherish the good memories and forget the bad. A knock sounded at the door and Jade spun around in mid sentence, she glanced down at her dress and sighed. She was not dressed for company, shrugging she walked to the door and opened it. It wasn't anyone's fault but their own for bugging her on her off time. Her long auburn hair was twisted on her head, messing and sticking out with sticks everywhere, holding it in place. An cotton skirt, simple with no decoration in a pale green, a peasants blouse in white, and a smudge of dirt on her cheek. Which of course she didn't know about. Blinking at Cairma, she reached up to make sure her mask was in place and motioned her to come in. "Hello Cairma, is everything ok??"

Jaydena Mckanthur

Guest Arie Ronshor

Is everything.. Okay. It was always hard to tell with Cairma. Things tended to change and shift as quickly as the winds in the aiel waste. Her simple conversation with the former Green Sister cleared up only a few fears an questions that went through her head, but if ther ewas anythign that she could connect to was that need to protect all that she loved.

Jaydena was one of those very few that she had ever connected to that she absolutely adored. Sure the woman knew so much more in life and was bloody brilliant, but Cairma felt that simple innocence that she could relate to. Lady Arie had also mentioned that he bond could just as easily be warded from the other if one wished to hide ones activities. Of course this would bring forth questions, but even Cairma could understand this, because it was not unheard of for an Aes Sedai and Warder to be on negitive terms, or to be with anouther partner while bonded. Not that she had that sor to of intention. But she did not need to have Jaydena suffer from Cairma's own insecurity.

Cairma smiled warmly to Jaydena Sedai, with a bit of a mischivious look to her eyes. "i would not concern yourself with what is okay. Jaydena. I know that we have not known eachother long. Not long enough, i must admit." Cairma paused. "Never in my years of service have i found myself in wanting, or with a desire to protect. No one. Not until i met you, Jaydena Sedai."

Cairma let her words carry heavy to the simple sentence as she carefully watched Jaydena's reaction. "I do not ask for anythign in return. Nor do I Expect anything. But i will admit to you that i have grown to respect you greatly, and what you stand for. To me you are much more a friend than just an Aes Sedai. They were only a story to me, and even upon entry to the Yards, I kept my distance. But you believe in life, as fiercly as I do. And like you, we both know that at the River we would not have let it swept us away."

Kneely to the floor, Cairma bowed as deeply as she could to the woman.

"To the glory of the light, i pledge myself in service to you, Jaydena Sedai. By my sword, I am yours to Command."

Cairma Vishnu

BM

The woman's faced bloomed into a smile, and Jaydena smiled back, Cairma didn't smile often around other but Jade noticed that she smiled quite often when they were together. "I would not concern yourself with what is okay. Jaydena. I know that we have not known eachother long. Not long enough, I must admit.Never in my years of service have I found myself in wanting, or with a desire to protect. No one. Not until I met you, Jaydena Sedai." Jaydena eyed Cairma, feeling it wasn't the time to speak, she didn't know what the woman was getting at. When they first met there had been some sexual sparks but those had cooled off and she didn't think the woman was looking for a relationship with her, but then she had been wrong before. "I do not ask for anything in return. Nor do I Expect anything. But I will admit to you that I have grown to respect you greatly, and what you stand for. To me you are much more a friend than just an Aes Sedai. They were only a story to me, and even upon entry to the Yards, I kept my distance. But you believe in life, as fiercly as I do. And like you, we both know that at the River we would not have let it swept us away."

Jaydena nodded, she remembered the cold day well, she had tried to kill herself, or rather had thoughts of killing herself. Had stood in a very cold river to her hips and thought about ending it all. After Seia's dying and then showing back at the Tower alive and whole and picking Sira over her, she didn't think she wanted to live. Then there were the burns and how she felt that if she had just been lovely again, then Seia would want her and not Seia. Jade never took into account tht Sira was brushed, scared, and missing a hand. Suddenly in the middle of her thoughts Cairma kneeled before her and spoke, "To the glory of the light, I pledge myself in service to you, Jaydena Sedai. By my sword, I am yours to Command." Jaydena looked down at Cairma in shock, she had never considered that this woman would want to be her bondmate, though she had thought of it and wanted it but for it to happen like this. She smiled and then embraced the source, weaving a weave that women were taught only after being raised to the Shawl. "I swear under the Light and by my hope of Salvation to always listen to you, to allow you to put your life before my own, to let you protect me, and in turn I will protect you." She laid the weave over Cairma and blinked back tears as the other woman's emotions showed up in her head. "Well I wasn't expecting that when I opened the door."

Jaydena Sedai

Guest Arie Ronshor

The unseen weave, hidden but only too those that could channel it, settled around her skin in a nearly prickly senseation that would, if not warned, would have cuased her to flee. A sword she could fight, but this she could not. But Jaydena's words floated through her inner panic and soothed her to her very core, elighting what would otherwise be a fearful experience. "I swear under the Light and by my hope of Salvation to always listen to you, to allow you to put your life before my own, to let you protect me, and in turn I will protect you." A warm calm covered her as she looked up to Jaydena with a smile.

But then she 'felt' Jaydena. Truely felt her warmth in the back of her mind and the surprise that Cairma had caused. Although she may have been surprised that Jaydena would not bond her after her pledge, it was not something that was fully expected either. But the surprise in jaydena's thougths, but the warmth in them gave Cairma a little more hope.

"I have never been what people expect, Jaydena Sedai. But it shall be an interesting challenge, i would think." She chuckled a little, and she relaxed as she slightly prodded the 'Jaydena' in her mind. "However, I suspect this will take some time to get used to.. I've obvioulsy never bonded before.. "

Cairma Vishnu

BONDED!!

Cairma smiled at her after a moment of confusion, she knew the woman was taking a moment to deal with the emotions and even physical things that had just come into her head. Jaydena wanted to hug her but she held back, sending warming feelings through the bond to the other woman. She didn't know how soon she should approach the other woman, she could feel the massive conflicting emotions in her head, far more than any warder she had ever bonded. Well it wasn't like she had been bonded to that many but most her bonds had ended in death or the bond being broken like what had happened with Morgan after her talent had shown up. She hoped that was an indication of some kind of curse or something, she didn't think she could handle loosing another gaidar so soon after bonding her.

"I have never been what people expect, Jaydena Sedai. But it shall be an interesting challenge, i would think." The other woman chuckled easily and then actually poked her through the bond, Jade shook her head, it appeared the other woman was going to catch onto this quickly. "However, I suspect this will take some time to get used to.. I've obvioulsy never bonded before.. " Jaydena smiled and then gave Cairma a tight hug. Pulling back from the other woman she smiled at her and then spoke, "You can have a room in my quarters if you would like to be close to me or you can retain a new room in the warders yard, Warders have their own rooms and don't have to share with a roommate." She chuckled and waited to see what Cairma would say...

Jaydena Mckanthur

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Arie Ronshor

She smiled at Jaydena and winked. "Ah, but i would feel guilty if i brought a man into our quarters. I have only recently just moved into a new room with a Lyssa Simeone, and i do not feel the need to move again any time soon. However, if you desire or require me to move closer, I will." Of which there was no confusion or indescision in her own suggestion, merely stating fact.

"In truth, i never thought of quarters and where I would stay. As long as a pillow for my head a sword in my hand, i am happy. Or i would have been happy." She gave a thoughtful smile as if a memory once lost sparkled in the back of her mind yet flickered as quickly as it surfaced. "But there is more it than that now." She winked and stood merely a foot from her. "Now i have friends, and a Bonded." Hiding in her mind a small secret as a letter unforgotten in her pocket, she kepted it surprisingly easy from the bond. Was it possible that her battle with all her inner demons made it easier to hide things in a bond? Curiosity nagged at her. What else could there be to learn about the bond...

Cairma Vishnu

Bonded

• 1 month later...

Cairma smiled at her and winked, Jade was so shocked at that carefree motion that she almost opened her mouth and said something, "Ah, but I would feel guilty if I brought a man into our quarters. I have only recently just moved into a new room with a Lyssa Simeone, and I do not feel the need to move again any time soon. However, if you desire or require me to move closer, I will." Jade blinked at that one, what were the odds, her new gaidin was sharing a room with the secret daughter of her once best friends, the current Amyrlin of the Tower. She almost laughed at the sheer irony of it and saw that Cairma was going to speak again, "In truth, I never thought of quarters and where I would stay. As long as a pillow for my head a sword in my hand, I am happy. Or i would have been happy. But there is more it than that now."

Cairma had walked closer to her Jade could feel the happiness bouncing back and forth between them. Being bonded to a female was always like this, a mirror in essense is what is was. Of course it had been some time since she bonded a man. After what has happened with Jared and Seia she couldn't bear to bond another male. Maybe someday to a man she could guarentee wasn't going to fall madly in love with her and make her life a living nightmare because of it. "Now I have friends, and a Bonded." Jaydena chuckled and stepped forward, she wrapped her arms around Cairma and then pulled back, "Thank you for everything, you have helped me to pull out of this deep hole I have been on. You need to meet Raisa but she is on a mission right now. So how shall we celebrate our bonding, I already know you can pretty much drink me under the table!"

Jaydena Mckanthur