DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Who comes before us as a candidate for Aes Sedai? (Gudrean)

Gudrean has been nominated for Aes Sedai of the Gray Ajah.

Who will speak for this woman?

*steps forwards*

I will speak for this woman.

I first started to really get to know Gudrean during the Gray Ajah Midsummer events last year - she was contributing all over the place! :) I quickly learned that we had similar tastes in tv and films and a similar sense of humour. I also learned that Gudrean is very busy in real life supporting her family but still finds the time to contribute here, something I am sure I would struggle to replicate!

And I was overjoyed when she petitioned to join the Gray - not only because she had decided to join us but because she had found her home. I know that Gud likes to share the things she makes and cooks which a very Gray quality!

Gudrean is kind and caring, funny and supportive, someone who will join in a silly game or a serious discussion. She is a great asset to the White Tower and a valued member of the Gray Ajah, and someone I am proud to call my friend.

*hugs Gud and steps back*

*steps forward, nervously adjusting her green shawl*

I too will speak for this woman, Mother.

Oh, wow, it's the first time I do this. I got so honoured when Gudrean asked me to speak for her. I can't remember where I first met her; it was here in the WT, but when and where... I really don't remember. In a way, it feels like she's always been here. She's truly one of the sweetest person I've ever met. Earlier this autumn, when our stove died, she offered to loan me money to help us get a new one. Who does that for a "stranger" on an internet forum? Gudrean does, because she's got one of the biggest hearts I've ever met.

I know she has some struggles in RL, and it amazes me to no end that she still has all this love and kindness that she spreads to everyone who needs it. I don't think I know anyone else who's so good at spreading smiles. I simply don't have the words to express my respect and admiration for this wonderful, sweet woman.

The WT is a much richer place for having Gudrean as a member, and the Gray Ajah are truly blessed to have her as a member. I see in her all that I think of as a perfect Gray Aes Sedai; warmth, homeyness, creativity. She will be a wonderful Aes Sedai, and I feel proud and blessed to have her as my friend.

*hugs Gudrean tight*

*steps back*

Oh my word I'm so sorry it's taken me so long to post! On the plus side, we got to keep Guddy as one of our lovely Accepted for a little bit longer ... :wink:

Errrmm ... *clears throat and straightens stole* ...

Two have spoken, and it is half done. Come now, Gudrean, and speak your oaths to Ajah and Tower so all that can be done, will be done under the Light.

Thank you Mother,  :smile:

The First Oath:
I swear to respect all members of the WT Community, despite any differences we might have in background or opinion. As Aes Sedai are sisters, this Org is my online family and I will treat them as such.

The Second Oath:
I swear to always remain a member of this Community at heart, even if life might take me away from it for a time, and always strive to return to it. Once an Aes Sedai, always an Aes Sedai.

The Third Oath:
I swear to be a true and faithful member of the Grey Ajah and to uphold the dignity and ideals of my Ajah and the White Tower. I am a true member of the Grey Ajah.

special thanks to the lovely women who spoke for me, Via and Mish   :wub:  you both to pieces!!!!

As you have sworn, so shall it be. From this day forward you will be known as Gudrean, Aes Sedai of the Gray Ajah. Welcome home, Sister - we have waited long for you!

Rise, and receive your Shawl from the Head Clerk of the Gray Ajah!

*steps forward as Sitter for the Ajah in Head's stead*

Welcome home Sister!

*presents shawl*

evening%20grey%20shawl%20hand%20painted.

Edited by Elaevia

Congrats, Gud!  I am so happy for you!!!!!!!

(I've been stalking this thread for days)