DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Rand's new power theory

Guest Zac Wh

Just wanted to share a quick theory on what his "new power" may be, I think it has something to do with the void.

"By instinct he reached for the One Power to light [the pipe]. He found nothing. No saidin in the void, nothing. He paused, then smiled and felt an enormous relief. He could not channel. Just to be certain, he tentatively reached for the True Power. Nothing there either. 
... He inspected it for a moment in the darkness, then thought of the pipe being lit. And it was."

One of the prophecies mentions "The land is one with the Dragon Reborn, and he one with the land." Lanfear also calls it the Oneness and Rand says this about the Void "I am in the middle of it, but I’m a part of whatever I am concentrating on, too."

When he now enters the Void he is one with the whole world and maybe the pattern as well, rather than just his immediate surroundings and this allows him to change things with a thought.

Hope I make sense, please let me know what you think.

Just wanted to share a quick theory on what his "new power" may be, I think it has something to do with the void.

"By instinct he reached for the One Power to light [the pipe]. He found nothing. No saidin in the void, nothing. He paused, then smiled and felt an enormous relief. He could not channel. Just to be certain, he tentatively reached for the True Power. Nothing there either. 

... He inspected it for a moment in the darkness, then thought of the pipe being lit. And it was."

One of the prophecies mentions "The land is one with the Dragon Reborn, and he one with the land." Lanfear also calls it the Oneness and Rand says this about the Void "I am in the middle of it, but I’m a part of whatever I am concentrating on, too."

When he now enters the Void he is one with the whole world and maybe the pattern as well, rather than just his immediate surroundings and this allows him to change things with a thought.

I think Rand is the avatar of the Creator.  He is an alegory of Christ, and other like religious figures. 

Interview: Jan 15th, 2003 Question
Is Rand al'Thor meant to be a Jesus figure?
Robert Jordan

Um, if you consider King Arthur to be a Jesus figure—the king who must die.

The thing is, he wanted  no one knew he had. Because he’s Sneaky Rand and in Towers of Midnight, he’s doing sneaky stuff with all of his memories and things like this. It’s not all sneakiness, but one of the big things that made Team Jordan uncomfortable was Jesus RandI told them “It’s gonna work, because when you get to…” Harriet was like, “We can’t make him a deity. He can’t be a deity: he’s a person.” I’m like, “Don’t worry. When you read the last book, it will all come together, that he’s human.”...

BWS: ... I wanted you to read book eleven and say, “Oh, no, I’ve lost Rand. He’s become Gandalf or something now. He’s Jesus Rand. And then I wanted to have you read the last book and be like “Oh, no, he is my Rand. He’s different, he’s grown, but he’s still Rand.”

I think Rand is the avatar of the Creator.  He is an alegory of Christ, and other like religious figures. 

Rand sacrificed himself. In that aspect he is a Jesus-like figure. I think, though, that he is being rewarded now, by the Creator. He did the job before him and repaired the damage done the last time. So, now he is still a ta'veren, but no longer linked to his near-brother tav'eren. Now Rand gets to do want he wants, instead of what he has to. I think.

I personally think the Aiel have the right of it. The world is simply a dream (among many, see the mirror worlds). It's just that only Rand has now sorted out the trick to using it, because it's a much stronger dream than a random nightmare in T'a'R. Rand had to "figure out" the secret, of course, to even fight the DO.

I personally think the Aiel have the right of it. The world is simply a dream (among many, see the mirror worlds). It's just that only Rand has now sorted out the trick to using it, because it's a much stronger dream than a random nightmare in T'a'R. Rand had to "figure out" the secret, of course, to even fight the DO.

That's not bad at all avernite. Of course, my idea is better. (Winks). :wink:

Archived