DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Sign in to follow this  
U4ea

Who comes before us as candidates for Acceptance?

The following novices have been raised to Accepted. They may post their Arches when ready.

Daruya

Gentled Ben

Harmony

Odette

omg Odette!!!!!! *huggles lots* that is so awesome!!! :D you're gonna be a great accepted!!

and congrats Daruya!! *huggles*

and Gentled Ben! *huggles*

and Harmony!!! *huggles*

congrats! :D

Congrats everyone! Good job!

*hugs all around*

Extra big congrats to Daruya! It's about time! Hehe, just teasing... way to go! *big hugs*

Yay! I have SO been waiting for this day! :D

What Was: My life pre-WT was full enough but I really wanted a place to talk about the WoT books, discuss theories, and spend time with like-minded people. I started reading WoT in college back in the early to mid-1990’s (can’t remember the exact year); another engineering student turned me on to the books and the rest, as they say, is history! I’ve reread all the books several times since then and am on yet another re-read right now (Book 10). I found DragonMount when I googled WoT, lurked for over a year mostly reading the General WoT, KoD, and then aMoL topics. In September 2006, I couldn’t take it anymore and registered! I immediately joined the WT because it seemed like a great place to start and “get my feet wet” (so to speak) and get to know the people here.

What Is: Since joining the WT, I’ve met a lot of interesting people and want to get to know them a lot better. I’m not an effusively outgoing person so I probably don’t get to know people as fast as those who are effusively outgoing. ;) However, I have visited all the Ajahs and enjoyed meeting people in all of them. As for projects, I’ve done some archiving for the MoNster and Taya Sedai and helped Nia (my mentor) with a Blue project. I also led a discussion in the Lecture Hall about the Aiel (Future & Tarmon Gaidon) that I enjoyed immensely and participated in an excellent discussion led by Mystica about Aes Sedai and Wise Ones. I also completed the WT and DM World class led by the MoNster.

What Will Be: As an Accepted, I plan to continue helping as I can, archiving and completing other tasks for various Ajahs and/or sisters. I’ve also volunteered to help the Keeper, Mia, with the WT newsletter and have volunteered to help with the Blue Ajah newsletter, as well. I’d like to lead another Discussion or two, as time allows. I want to continue to get to know people here, both those who have been here for awhile and those new to the Tower. When I am fortunate enough to be raised Aes Sedai, I look forward to welcoming newbies to the Tower, being a mentor, and even being a Sitter should the opportunity arise. I have begun to consider Ajahs but am not quite ready to declare yet (nor have I petitioned one as yet). Finally, regarding future goals, one is to go to Dragon*Con some day and meet as many of you excellent people as I can and another is to stay as active at DM and in the WT as RL allows.

Thanks, Arya!

*snuggles Arya and adds a snibble for good measure*

*grabs some of the confetti and gobbles it down*

:D Mumsy is proud of me. Mumsy is PROUD of me! Woo-hoo!

Thanks, Mumsy! *curtsies, beaming*

That is really great, guys! I'm so proud! You're all wonderful assets to our humble (;)) group.

Special *hugs* to Daruya and Gentled Ben as I feel I know you two a little better. Great job!!

Yayness! *dances around*

What Was: I've always loved to read. I found WoT during one of my frequent visits to the public library in 8th grade. I was hooked immidiately. I found DM shortly after, though school eventually took me away. I came back this year, determined to stay. So, you're stuck with me. :D

What Is: I'm not terribly active here. I get on when time allows, though school pretty much owns my soul. I lurk a good deal as well. However, I've gotten to know quite a few people. I've taken the WT and DM World class led by the MoNster. All the Ajahs have amazing people in them. I've had such a wonderful time here.

What Will Be: I hope to become more active here. I also want to do some projects, as I haven't done any yet. I want to get to know more people here, and to get to know the people I already do know better. I want to continue having fun and be raised to Aes Sedai. I'm not quite sure about my Ajah yet, though I have it narrowed down a bit.

Whoohoo, congrats everyone and lovely arches. Can't wait to see what ajahs you all pick! *huggles and sets out a plate of mint brownies*

woooooooohoooooooooooo!!!!

Congratulations! *snugglebites all the new Accepted and throws in a hugg and a lick for good measure*

(still scowling at Corki) hmpf!

*showers the room with all colored belgian chocolate wings*

What was:

Hmmm, well, I started reading the books when I was I think 11, so I think that was right about the time when they first came out back in 1991. So I’ve been reading WoT for a very very long time. Eventually I was re-reading the series in anticipation for Knife of Dreams and I was searching the internet for some general WoT information. From there I found the roleplaying section of DM (and I didn’t know about the Community side yet), I wasn’t planning on joining but I had recently been told to take a break from playing the violin due to RSI in my left shoulder and wrist. This gave me a lot of free time, so I joined and made friends. Then the Community and Org side of DM re-merged and I met more friends and joined a couple of Orgs. ^_^

What is:

I now consider myself an active member of the Community side of DM, I’m a member of the Band of The Red Hand, The Illuminators (We’re trying to start a Performance Arts Chapter House. If you’re interested, post Here ^_^), and of course the White Tower. I mainly hang out on the Yellow boards, they’re all really really nice and fun. I know I should probably spend more time visiting the other Ajahs, but I never did.

What will be:

I fully intend to be a much more active member on the White Tower and I promise to post in places other than the Yellow Ajah, really, I do! Not justbecause I think I should but because there are so many fun and nice people that I haven’t yet met!. ^_^ So, if you don’t know me yet, which may be the case for a lot of people, please say hello! I’m really friendly and easy to talk to!

^_^

Yay!.

Thank you everyone for your help and friendship! You all rock!. ^_^

*hugs Danya and Horn!*

Hello, Odette! Have you found the MoNster's Lair yet where the Novice/Algai and Accepted/Manshima quarters are? If not, head on over! It's lots of fun . . . :wink: Here's the URL: http://monsterslair.1.forumer.com/index.php?act=SC&c=6 And congrats on being raised to Accepted! :D

Congrats to you, too, Harmony! :D And to you, Gentled Ben! :D Speaking of which, where IS Gentled Ben?

Sign in to follow this