DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Elgee

Roll Call for December 2013 - ALL members please read the 1st post and take the Poll !

You've survived an apocolyptic event which has wiped out 99% of the earth's population  

55 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• Hunker down where you are
    • Head for the hills
    • Head for the cities
    • Head for the farms
    • Head for an island
    • Head for the cities to loot what you can, then head for the hills
    • Head for the cities to loot what you can, then head for the farms
    • Head for the cities to loot what you can, then head for an island
    • Something else (specify)

I'm here - I'm looting my town, then running to the hills. I know how to farm - my uncle even has his section of the hills for our family. Yep. He's one of those survival guys, so we have a plan....

I voted "something else" because I would probably head for the farms in the hills. (See what I did there? Lol! :tongue: )

Mirshann Uuranor, Aes Sedai, Gray Ajah, Head Clerk, General Annoyance, Grumpy Cat aficionado.

Arya Ellesméra, Aes Sedai, Green Ajah. And I'm apparently the only one who would hunker down right where I am for a bit, at least until things died down. Or maybe move to my parents' house, which is even more out in the country. Nothing more dangerous than panicked people who are trying to survive, going to a city to loot immediately would be like Black Friday combined with The Hunger Games. On steroids. Seriously, that would BE the moment in the Hunger Games when they all run for the cornucopia first thing, and half the tributes get killed in the first 5 minutes. It'd be useless suriving an apocalypse and then getting killed by looters freaking out and trying to be the first to get to everything. Besides, I live outside of a small city, in a suburb full of little subdivisions and farms and such. It's all fairly country. If 99% of the earth is gone, then logic says I'm probably the only one even remotely in my area still alive, which means I could survive a good while by just raiding all the nearby houses and farms as soon as possible and stocking up before other people could reach my neighborhood. I'll leave when I'm out of neighboring houses to raid and people have calmed down and will welcome other survivors, lol.

I'm with Dice, loot the cities and then set myself up on an island. Hey, if the rest of the world's been wiped out, may as well take advantage of the free island paradises.

BB-Accepted

Why am I getting the feeling that the admin have given up on fixen the search function? You might aswell just write that "There is no search function" instead of giving us false hope xP

anyway

Arez Al'Loke - Manshima - Cuen

Bella - Blue Aes Sedai

Loot (somethings are helpfull.. such as meds and other life saving items) and then find a self sustaining farm :)

Gudrean  - accepted - grey ajah

gather supplies and find a nice farm near the mountains!!

WildTaltos ~ Aes sedai ~ red ajah

not realy sure how to answer without knowing what the evennt was, but Im asuming that we are talkin about wiping out -human- population, so I am goingg to assume something thatt exclusive was causd by disease,  thereforee would be imperative to avoid cities, hotbed of pathogens, in which case wuold hope me and my family wuold mostly survive staying righht where are, in the countryy and woods and hills, dont think Éire would be a huge epicenter of chaos given not manyy people live here besids its island which geographicaly arent too easy to access. I picked otherr becuse me and family and evryone else aruond the area who we wuold ally with to help survive woulld stay right where we arre and begin breeding like crazy to take ovre rest of the island and start rebuildin some sort of society. defintly wouldnt want to live in a city becuse withuot all the peoplle maintinnig infrastructure and water treatmentt in sewage, would become a cesspit besids that all the helplesss humans would probaly go cluster there and killl each othre for the resources whch would soonn run out becuse city is a parasitic habitat, only survives by the energyy and resources bruoght in from elsewhere

love this answer!!

Moon Sedai, Sitter, Red Ajah. 

I'd go to a city, loot what I could of non perishables (and dr pepper, cause, well, you know) then head for a farm. 

wheeloftime13- Brown Aes Sedai

well the cities will have lots of expensive things (hopefully still intact) and then I can take it to an island where I can relax... although I might try to run into someone a couple times just to see what type of people are left in the 1% of the population left...