DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Almost Human

redarm

I like it so far.  Futuristic cop show.  Only two episodes in but I like the characters and think that they can do a lot with the idea.  The lead is played by Karl Urban who plays Bones in the new Star Trek movies, Minka Kelly who has been in several tv series including Friday Night Lights, Parenthood and Charlies Angels, as well as Mackenzie Crook (one eyed pirate from Pirates of the Carribean), Lily Taylor (The Conjuring, Six Feet Under), Hiro Kanagawa (Caprica), and Michael Ealy (Sleeper Cell, Flash Forward, Underworld: Awakening).

Anyone else catch the pilot and first episode? 

• Community Administrator

Yep, watched and enjoyed both episodes so far. I think it could be better, and it has room to grow. It's shown its capable of killing people,

That said, I heard rumblings that the movie Caves of Steel, got canned and turned into this. (if that's the case, I'd be pissed off!)

I also have a hunch, that Karl urban is actually a robot. So many un-subtle hints that have lead me to this conclusion... Course it could be a red herring.

Same, though I'll give it more props as a pilot since sci-fi pilots tend to be meh (need a lot of info dump).

It's enjoyable so far, but can't tell if it's because it has a great acting cast (who are giving the material more than it deserves--can't stress enough that most actors would just stand on their mark and say the lines) or there's an actual good story/world to it. There's certainly story-writing tropes galore there and it could easily turn bleh.

Yep, watched and enjoyed both episodes so far. I think it could be better, and it has room to grow. It's shown its capable of killing people,

That said, I heard rumblings that the movie Caves of Steel, got canned and turned into this. (if that's the case, I'd be pissed off!)

I also have a hunch, that Karl urban is actually a robot. So many un-subtle hints that have lead me to this conclusion... Course it could be a red herring.

I'm not getting the "secret Robot" theory.  We already know that DRN has scanned John and I don't think that conversation would have occured like that if he wasn't human.

DRN: "You're backed up"

John: "You scanned my balls?!  Don't ever scan my testicles again."

I said I believe he's a robot. I didn't say I believed he was the same kind as his Partner.

Note: Remember on the end of the 2nd episode, they showed that store room?

His girlfriend, was a Robot.

And It is entirely possible (see the name of the show) for a 'robot' to become indistinguishable from a human. That's one of the reasons I mentioned 'Caves of Steel' novel. In the later novels, they have robots that, even if you opened them up, they'd look human. If you examined their cells they'd appear human, but is still a robot. :wink:

And the red-herring, is that the title of the show, "Almost Human" Is about his partner.

Here's some picture from the  show, to add to it.

Note: only the 'Human' cop, has stubble'.almost-human.jpg

almost-human-08_750x1000-710x400.jpg

• 1 month later...

Liking this show more and more.  I ove the banter between the characters and the quirks of DRN.   Kind of wish we would get a little deeper into the back story but I am enjoying the world building and character development. 

• 4 weeks later...

Just curious but where did the whole "wall" thing come from?  I don't remember it evenbeing mentione in any of the previous episodes and they seemed to go out of there way to mention it in the most recent episode.  Of course we got to see it at the end.  I'm interested but it seems to come out of nowhere.

Still liking the show.  Hope it stays on.

Just curious but where did the whole "wall" thing come from?  I don't remember it evenbeing mentione in any of the previous episodes and they seemed to go out of there way to mention it in the most recent episode.  Of course we got to see it at the end.  I'm interested but it seems to come out of nowhere.

Still liking the show.  Hope it stays on.

Yea, it came out of no where.

Make's me wonder if there are any 'lost episodes' during its 2 week hiatus..

Huh.  Honestly never picked up on this.  I guess it just seemed like they were really playing the thing up in this last episode and it made it seem like they were introducing a new thing.  Obviously not.  I took a look at some of the pics pulled from the episodes an I do remember seeing it there but never really questioned it and didn't link it to any of the dialogue.  I am more interested now to learn what the deal is with this thing.

I'm behind by an ep or two, but do know that the series is being shown out of intended order (yay fox). Certainly didn't see that it was more like Mega-City 1 :)

Mixed batch of episodes in the first half, Urban and Early are still really good, and haven't seen anyone that stood out as awful in the main cast. So there's that.

• 2 weeks later...

Urban isn't q robot. You'd lose the human element. Think he's on the side of the rebels (who came from over the wall) and has been scrubbed.

There will be a lot bigger conspiracy that we'll probably only get a hint of in the final episode of this season.

All a hunch but looks like its heading that way. The new androids scream evil to me.

Why is the wall there?

Why is this side so much richer etc...

• 1 month later...

Saw that Almost Human has not yet been renewed.  It would be dissapointing to have this show fade away.  It deserves a chance to build an audience.  It gets decent ratings, above average actually, in line with the Following.  Hope FOX steps up and brings it back for another year.

Saw that Almost Human has not yet been renewed.  It would be dissapointing to have this show fade away.  It deserves a chance to build an audience.  It gets decent ratings, above average actually, in line with the Following.  Hope FOX steps up and brings it back for another year.

Ditto.

I actually watched all of them on tv (except for the last one). Normally I watch them online. The finale was 'meh' felt more like a mid-season finale.

Just watched the final episode. Agree it was a terrible season finale. But I think it did go to show he is definitely human. The very last bit where he goes back to get his new leg shows that he has come full circle this season. From rejecting his robotic leg and partner to finally coming to accept them. Like a futuristic version of a racist that has realised that not only is the other guy all right but he can accept that they are in some way related and equal. This whole story arc would be pointless if it turns out that he was a robot all along.

Just watched the final episode. Agree it was a terrible season finale. But I think it did go to show he is definitely human. The very last bit where he goes back to get his new leg shows that he has come full circle this season. From rejecting his robotic leg and partner to finally coming to accept them. Like a futuristic version of a racist that has realised that not only is the other guy all right but he can accept that they are in some way related and equal. This whole story arc would be pointless if it turns out that he was a robot all along.

There's going to be a pinocchio plot line with the 'robot', guy. The 'implanted human memories' and all that.

Oh, and in the finale, we just met a Cyborg, that was more Robot then Human...

So if the robot theory holds..

He's a man, in a Robot's body, that hates Robots.

And the robot guy, is a robot that wants to become human.

Archived