DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

I need help convincing friends to read WoT

KainHighwind

G'day Kain,

I myself was introduced to WOT by one of my good friends. Although i have always been into reading i had never really been into the fantasy genre untill i was introduced to WOT.

Do your friends like to read? If they arent big readers then i think starting them on WOT would be asking a bit much. haha.

But if they are, maybe just try getting into a discussion about books in general. Then as we all do just steer the conversation towards WOT.

Unfortunately some people just arent into books. How sad

My problem is lots of my friends don't read fantasy. 

I haven't even gotten my boyfriend to read it yet, he is intimidated by the daunting size. I think Ryrin's friend getting her to commit to three chapters was a great idea. If they will like it, that'll hook them for sure!

None of the people I know read. I am the odd ball. Most won't will only read stuff like posts. That is it. Just not into reading. I have tried to introduce two people to reading it. The best way to get them to read them is to sit there and read, while smiling and grimacing as you read the story. Then pretty much tell them that if you want to know about the story then do what Wolf brotherKronos suggested. I read them at work on my breaks. That is how they both started asking questions. All I did was describe the outline.

Archived