DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
blank

Who comes before us as a candidate for Accepted? (Hiarthbeorn)

The Novice Hiarthbearn has met his requirements to be Raised to Accepted and may post his Arches when ready.

Please hold the congratsing until after the Arches have been posted.

*taps ter'angreal* Is this thing on?  Oh, it is!  Hello, hello!

Declaration of Self:
I'm Hiarth and I'm swell.  I first came to Dragonmount sometime in 1999 or 2000 when it was still in development on a free BBS system.  We hadn't even come up with social guilds at the time (did you know there was Seafolk Social Guild?)  DM was mostly a news, info and RP site but it was also my first home on the Internet and I spent a lot of time here.  I posted under another handle but "Hiarthbeorn" was the name of my first serious RP character - he was a very conflicted White Cloak.  Real Life happened and I left and I came back in December 2011.  In the meatspace world, I'm a thirty-two year old bookworm and historical reenactor.  I live with a fat black cat named Daniel Ash and I play in the Society for Creative Anachronism.  When the Muse calls, I write poetry and I'm a semester away from finishing a degree in English.  BTW, Hiarthbeorn is pronounced "hearth-buh-yorn" - just in case ya'll wondered.

I first discovered the Wheel of TIme at summer camp when I was still in high school.  There was a crate of free books, mostly Dragonlance and a few well-read and dog-eared "bodice bursters" but at the bottom was the first four books of the series.  I devoured them over the next year but I stopped at book 7 because nothing else had been published.  I'll eventually restart the series and finish it, political maneuvering and plot build-up be darned.

Declaration of Commitment:
I come and go as I please but I always try to learn from and enjoy the company of others here.  Lately, I haven't had much time to spend on-line, so I always try to make it count.  And, to my secret Mosvani brothers and sisters, my blade is yours.

mosvani_dl.jpg

There are many fond friends here and I enjoy you all.

Declaration of Intent:

*clears throat*

I do solemnly swear that I am up to no good.  It is my intention to commandeer one of these ships, pick up a crew in Tortuga, raid, pillage, plunder, and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out.  It is my pleasure to swerve and deflect, to corrupt the youth and to enter into diabolical accord with forces of mayhem and to violate the public trust.  *is harshly reprimanded*

I intend to bring to the White Tower all the mischief and trouble I can muster for the enjoyment of members, staff and hangers-on, I will offer my friendship and loyalty to the community at large and I will explore ideas through dialogue and conversation.  Above all else, I will give delicious nutmeg cookies.  All real living is in meeting and I thank you for your friendship (and your occasional patience.  :3 )

Elgee, I like him.  Can we keep him?  :laugh:

Hiarth, I love all the movie references you fit into your Declaration of Intent! LOL!  Definitely unique Arches that won't soon be forgotten!  Congratulations and welcome to the Ring!

Wonderful  :biggrin:

Great Arches and it was good to get to know some more about you!

Many congrats  :happy:

*hands over a bundle of Accepted banded tunics*

Edited by blank

:biggrin: *bestows a squishy hug on HB*

Awesome, awesome, and congratulations.

Also, thank you for the pronunciation guide. I do so hate butchering people's names, whether a real life name or an internet identity.

This might be the most entertaining arches I've ever read :laugh: Congrats and welcome to the ring, brother!

congrats Hiarth!

and that was so not how I thought your name was pronounced, so thank you for educating me!

:smile:

Thanks! I'm over-emphasizing the "bjorn" which is Scandi-Snowbilly for "bear."

I also respond to "hey, you" if Hiarth is too complicated.

I just realised I never actually posted here :ohmy:

Many congratulations, Hey You, and yes we can keep him, Dar :biggrin:

Welcome to the Ring, Hiarth :)

wheel06043.jpg