DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

NEWB!

Crafty86

G'day everyone,

My Name is Liam. I've been reading WOT for about 2 years almost non stop since a friend of mine shoved a duffel bag in my hands which contained the entire series and insisted that i read it. Needless to say i was instantly hooked and am now halfway through my fourth re-read of the series (i kid you not).

I came accross your site a while back as i was interested in the theories and simply did a google search.

Even though i have gone through the series a few times i still love reading what people were coming up with as the series progressed, and im surprised at how many were so damn close! i was thinking of digging out specific theories later, or has someone already done that?.

Anywhooo i have been stalking all you guys on here for quite some time now so i thought it was time to actually join and maybe contribute where i can.

So yeah, thanks for the awesome site and thanks for having me as a member :)

Hi Liam!

Welcome to the site!

The first thing I thought when I read your post was 'wow, that was one heavy duffel bag!' :laugh:

Glad you decided to join us, I too was a long time lurker before I finally gave in and signed up, and it's great here!

*not biased, not biased at all* :dry::wink:

Now you are a member you can join in the discussions, and join in social groups and role playing and all sorts!

Welcome to the site! If you have any ambition to write come and see us on the RP side. :) If not the social groups are great fun, i'm in the Band these days and we just hang out drink brew and generally spread madness. *laughs* If you want to dicuss the books the general discussion boards are equally good. :)

Hi, Liam!!! I'm busy trying to collect all the hard copies right now. I came to the series about 3 years ago. Please check out the social groups. Lots to do and people to meet. I am mostly in the Whit Tower and Warders. :-)

I love this place already :) Rasheta Ardashir that sounds interesting. What exactly does it entail? Forgive my ignorance but im just a spring chicken on here. haha.

G'day Ryrin! I'm just cruising through the site as we speak so i'll be sure to check out the groups. Also are you finding it difficult finding hard copies? i know brand new ones are available but they cost a fortune. I have a spare copy of ToM in hardback which hasnt even been opened if you or anyone else is interested. (i accidently clicked 2 instead of 1 when ordering). haha.

Welcome aboard, Liam! ^_^

Fourth read-through in two years? Haha, that's nice! You'll know the books by heart soon. I'm trying to limit myself to one read-through per year so that I actually manage to read other things as well.

Which book is your favourite?

G'day Ryrin! I'm just cruising through the site as we speak so i'll be sure to check out the groups. Also are you finding it difficult finding hard copies? i know brand new ones are available but they cost a fortune. I have a spare copy of ToM in hardback which hasnt even been opened if you or anyone else is interested. (i accidently clicked 2 instead of 1 when ordering). haha.

Yes, they can be expensive.  I found a first edition hardback of New Spring in a used book shop.  One of my friend's called me the other day and  a guy is trying to sells his hard copies so I told her the ones I have and asked her to buy the rest.  He was charging $10 a copy, not too bad.

I'll watch out for you in the White Tower and Warders.    :smile:

Welcome aboard, Liam! ^_^

Fourth read-through in two years? Haha, that's nice! You'll know the books by heart soon. I'm trying to limit myself to one read-through per year so that I actually manage to read other things as well.

Which book is your favourite?

Thanks! Glad to be here :)

Yeah Fourth time through ive just started ToM again today. I do alot of flying for work so i have plenty of reading time. Also i just love going back over them even though i know whats going to happen on the next page. Limiting yourself would be a good idea. Im not sure if i can, I think my obsession is becoming unhealthy. haha.

Ohhh that is an absolute cracker of a question! EoTw would probably take the cake of course because its what got me hooked. Oh damn thats a hard question!

Yes, they can be expensive.  I found a first edition hardback of New Spring in a used book shop.  One of my friend's called me the other day and  a guy is trying to sells his hard copies so I told her the ones I have and asked her to buy the rest.  He was charging $10 a copy, not too bad.

I'll watch out for you in the White Tower and Warders.    :smile:

I think ive already been coaxed into the white tower ;) see you there soon!

If you look down at the very bottom section of the homepage, you will see an entire sub section labelled: 'Dragon Reborn Role Playing' 

All stories are posted there, and they are separated depending on the location to which they're set in. So examples are, if someone wanted to RP with a few friends who have Novice characters that will blow up a toilet, then you find that under the East (DR) under the White Tower section.

All characters need to have a biography written, just to make character development consistent.

You'll find more information on the basics of RP if you go here. That explains it better than I ever could.

Hi Liam, welcome to DM (Dragonmount). This is indeed a very friendly place, everyone is so helpful. I am rather new here but I was totally amazed myself.

Two years and 4 re-reads, that is fast :smile: I am hooked on WoT as well but be careful as DM boards are no less addictive :wink: Re-reading is like you keep the world of the Wheel with you and still going. I somehow refuse to accept the thought the series now have an end.

By the way, which is your favourite WoT character and do you read other fantasy novels?

You know the saying: hard and tough on the outside, soft and cuddly on the inside?

Yeah well its the exact opposite for DM. We're just luring you in until you're ready to be sacrificed to the glorious Cthulhu. Both of you.

Hi Liam, welcome to DM (Dragonmount). This is indeed a very friendly place, everyone is so helpful. I am rather new here but I was totally amazed myself.

Two years and 4 re-reads, that is fast :smile: I am hooked on WoT as well but be careful as DM boards are no less addictive :wink: Re-reading is like you keep the world of the Wheel with you and still going. I somehow refuse to accept the thought the series now have an end.

By the way, which is your favourite WoT character and do you read other fantasy novels?

Thanks Theodora. Everyone i have spoken to so far has been really great and i am really happy to have found so many cool people who share my love of WoT.

Yes ive just finished ToM today for the 4th time ;) i do have lots of time to read though as i said in an earlier post. I completely agree about re-reading. you would think it would get a bit  boring after a few times but nope! its still just as great. i dont think i will ever get over the fact that its all over :( lol. what will i read now? nothing could compare surely?

As for my favourite WoT character, this is always so hard for me to decide as it depends on which chapter im reading at the time! haha. I think Mat would have to be my pick though.

yes i do read other novels ive read the Game of thrones series, Misborn, and also Wool. im planning on starting on "the way of kings" next.

What about yourself? any recommendations for me? ;)

Don't worry, our Sherper is a great guy, a little eccentric, but definitely not crazy :wink:

Yeah, Mat is an old time fave of a lot of people, that reminds me - you should check DM emoticons as well, there is a Mat one :mat:

Also, check this discussion in the Blue Ajah in the White Tower - it is specifically for other fantasy series, there is a thing for everyone:

http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/topic/85224-disc-favorite-fantasy/?p=3059646

Unfortunately he won't be able to see it as those boards are hidden until you join the White Towers and Warders but there are a bunch of book recommendations on the discussion-y parts of the forum  :happy: .

Anyways - hello there Crafty/Liam - wonderful to have you here on DM!

That is a lot of rereading my friend, I'm both impressed and slightly creeped out  :tongue:

Great to meet you!

Archived