DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Hi! Looking for more books and stuff!

Guest Jamie Khan

Guest Jamie Khan

Hello all. I am new to the site but not the books. I have read them all and loved every moment of them. I have also read the Sword of Truth and most of Brandon Sanderson's other stuff. I NEED MORE STUFF! For some reason I find it hard to find new books and movies/series that I would like without being pointed in the right direction by someone who has read or seen a lot of the stuff I like and can give it a good recommendation. Please help!

Hi, Relyk! Welcome!

I know very well what you mean. I still feel the moment (It's over, what next? There is nothing! WHAT? WoT?) Actually there are a lot of good series of books that you could try but it all depends on which aspect of the Wheel you liked the most. The battles, the intrigues? Nynaeve *sniff*

I have found some relief in the Malazan Book of the Fallen - it is an inmense Universe, that by the end of book 1, you feel that the author has to have lived there in order to write it *poor him* . As well as WoT, a lot of volumes, very complicated 'magic' system but a lot of characters (just like WoT). I have to warn you though, as I don't see your age, that is is not for the light hearded - very dramatic, detailed battle scenes, intense content, so I would not recommend it to a person younger than 18. If you would go on this adventure, prepare for at least 2-3 years as it is a long one.

While reading The Wheel (WoT), I read the Shannara series, they are a little more innocent that The Malazan but I found them very interesting. Also, have you tried the Harryb Potter books? I put it on 2nd place after the Wheel. Don't be fooled by critiques, etc. It's a series that is well-written and gives pleasure to the reader at any age.

If you give more info about yourself, your likes, the other DM members and I could recommend somehting more specific :smile:

Archived