DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Greetings!

NeverTame

Hello everyone!

I'm something of a... well, not really oldest of old school fans because I was like 5 years old when the Wheel of Time began, but I began reading the series in 2001 or 2002. I don't actually remember the year, but I know that I caught up with the translators midway through Lord of Chaos (the Finnish versions were published with each book chopped into two or three books - and the last part of the Finnish Lord of Chaos was released in 2002) and switched to English mid-book because I didn't want to wait. A good thing I did because as of last I checked, the verdict was still that the Sanderson books will not be getting translated. Which makes... all the sense in the world (note: sarcasm) but oh well.

So, a long-time fan and occasional forum lurker but really bad at actually being a part of forum communities - I have a tendency to vanish, just forget about a forum for an indeterminate length of time, and then I'll be too embarrassed to ever make a comeback. I don't think I've had an account here at Dragonmount before, but this happened to me a couple of times over at TarValon.Net. However, I'm going to give it my best shot here.

As you can probably infer from the first paragraph, I'm from Finland, but I'm currently located in Slovenia until next July. I'm a student of English Language & Literature, an avid reader and... too-lazy-to-ever-publish-anything writer. Or no, not lazy; lacking discipline. Well, also lazy, but the lack of discipline is my primary problem.

I also enjoy roleplaying - or at least I used to, once upon a time, and I've been wanting to get back into it but most roleplaying communities that I've found in the Wheel of Time fandom seem pretty dead. I notice you guys have an RP section here - I'll be sure to check it out!

Anyway. I'll shut up now.

Welcome to DM!  Please do check out our role playing section.  I know they would be very happy to have you.  You may want to ask someone there how far along in the books they are, so the series doesn't get spoiled for you, as well as avoid discussions on the books you have not yet been able to read.  We have lots of social groups too, if you would like to explore those.  If you need any help, just ask!

Lol, I wasn't sure if you had.  Anyway, We are very happy to have you.  Sounds like role play is for you.  

The social groups are a great place to meet people.  I am mostly in the White Tower and Warders.  If you want to become an Aes Sedai or Warder, that is the place to go.  All the social groups have a different focus and lots of activities so I hope you take a look at those too. 

Welcome to DM!

Since you have finished the series you should feel free to join in on any discussions over in the discussion board.

Our Social Groups can be a great way to get to know some of the other members, have fun and discuss common interests. I can personally comment on two of the social groups I'm a member of; First is group is the Black Tower which is an overall fun place to go for fun, games and just plain oddities (We're tainted there so there's a lot of silliness). The Second the Band of the Red Hand, of which I am LG of the Archers Division where we enjoy discussing music, travel and food. There are a number of other Social Groups you can check out so please do so and join the one(s) that appeal to you.  You may join as many groups as you like so check them all out when you have the time and have fun!

Also, since you mentioned an interest in RP; The social groups sometimes cover small, semi-RP but for the real thing you should definately check out the RP sections of the site.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask here and one of us is sure to have an answer.

Archived