DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Hello from Connecticut

NewJeffCT

I started reading The Wheel of Time around 20 years ago, then stopped somewhere around when Winter's Heart came out.  Then, things like marriage, fatherhood and a few job changes came along, and I remember hearing how Mr. Jordan had passed away and I was sad, thinking the series might never be finished.  However, I heard it was picked up by Brandon Sanderson and when I heard the final book came out at the beginning of this year, I was just finishing up another series and decided to tackle the Wheel of Time again.  I started over with The Eye of the World early in the year and have now just gotten past the prologue of A Memory of Light.

I'm in my 40s now, still married and the father of a 10 year old daughter that likes to read.

Hello and Welcome to DM!!! We are happy you decided to join us. I'd advise you to avoid the AMoL discussion until you finish the book.

I am Ryrin, of the Green Ajah. I have 2 sons, 16 and 23. :-)

This is a rather large site. We have the discussion forums, a role playing area and the social groups. You can join as many social groups as you want. Each group has it's own focus, activities and events. My time is generally spent in the White Tower and Warders. The social groups are a good place to meet other WoT devotees. There are members here from all over the world.

Just shout if you feel lost or have any questions.

Hello NewJeffCT welcome to Dragonmount.  I read the Wheel of Time for the first time this year.  I decided to wait until all the books were published before I began the series, I didn't want to get stuck waiting... much like I'm stuck waiting for the next Song of Ice and Fire book. 

Hello NewJeffCT welcome to Dragonmount.  I read the Wheel of Time for the first time this year.  I decided to wait until all the books were published before I began the series, I didn't want to get stuck waiting... much like I'm stuck waiting for the next Song of Ice and Fire book. 

Thanks Wanderer.  When I started it, I had no idea it would take about 20 years to finish the series.

Welcome and glad you returned to reading the series. Until you finish AMoL you should be weary of the general discussion forum since I think there may be a few spoilers in there.

You should definitely check out our Social Groups as they can be a great way to get to know some of the other members, have fun and discuss comon interests. I can personally comment on two of the social groups of which I am a member; First is the Band of the Red Hand, of which I am LG of the Archers Division. In the Band we enjoy discussing music, travel and food. The Second group is the Black Tower which is an overall fun place to go for fun, games and just plain oddities (We're tainted there so there's a lot of sillyness). There are a number of other Social Groups you can check out so please do so and join the one(s) that appeal to you.  You may join as many groups as you like so go for it and enjoy!

Along with the General Discussions and the Social Groups you may also be interested in Role Playing, if so you should definitely check out the Role Play forums as well. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask here!

Thanks Nikon and Ryrin above.  I'm going through AMoL as quickly as possible - it's very fast paced and hard to stop.

Also, I'd highly recommend the audiobooks read by Michael Kramer and Kate Reading.  I have a long commute to work, so have passed the time by listening to audiobooks and both Kramer (doing the male POV chapters/sections) and Reading (doing the female POVs) are excellent.  Most of the other long series' I've listened to have only had one narrator (A Song of Ice & Fire with Roy Dotrice and the Harry Potter books with Jim Dale come to mind).  It was good to have the female POVs voiced by, well, a woman.

Archived