DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Davram Bashere

The Demon

I don’t think “some thing dark” does equal just normal death.

I think there is more to that - have been wondering for a long time who close to Rand will still turn out a dark friend or been pushed over the edge by something. For a while I thought it would be Perrin with all the rescue Faile for any price stuff - but now I guess Bashere is the prime choice for that.

Guest cwestervelt
I don’t think “some thing dark” does equal just normal death.

I think there is more to that - have been wondering for a long time who close to Rand will still turn out a dark friend or been pushed over the edge by something. For a while I thought it would be Perrin with all the rescue Faile for any price stuff - but now I guess Bashere is the prime choice for that.

That would be true if icspots hadn't ommitted some important information.

"You have to do something' date='" Min muttered, folding her arms beneath her breasts. "Logain's aura still speaks of glory, stronger than ever. Maybe he still thinks he's the real Dragon Reborn. And there's something ... dark ... in the images I saw around Lord Davram. If he turns against you, or dies ... I heard one of the soldiers say Lord Dobraine might die. Losing even one of them would be a blow. Lose all three, and it might take you a year to recover."[/quote']

In the full context, the viewing indicates that the death of Bashere could possibly be as disasterous as his desertion. She doesn't rule out the possibility of either happening, just indicates that Rand needs to make certain they don't. She also indicates the same holds true for both Dobraine and Logain.

I've always felt it meant his death, and that that death would come when Rand finally met the Borderlanders. The whole way in which the Borderlanders have been avoided for so many books, the fact that Tenobia will likely die soon, and we are still waiting on Rand to be hurt by women who can channel the second time, and for Perrin to be needed to help Rand the second time, and the presense of those Aes Sedai.

Plus the whole 'dire consequences' of Basheres death make a good way of mounting the drama for the Last Book. We dont wont Rand to have an easy time of it in the Last Battle.

Archived