DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

mat and the horn of valere

Lyenna

Acording to legend the Horn of Valere as to be used at the last battle to call the dead armies to fight the shadow at the last battle.

Mat had already blown the horn meaning he was tied to it, the only one that could use it when TG came.

After what happened in Rhuidean in the Shadow Rising, is Mat still tied to the horn?

Guest cwestervelt

Mat blowing the Horn wouldn't bind Mat and Perrin to the horn. If any of their other action result in them getting bound to the horn, who knows.

Rand already was bound to the Horn.

Mat blowing the Horn wouldn't bind Mat and Perrin to the horn. If any of their other action result in them getting bound to the horn' date=' who knows.

Rand already was bound to the Horn.[/quote']

Agreed. I do think that Mat & Perrin will be bound to the Horn based on their actions. Well, at least Mat. At this point, I could really care less about what Perrin does. I lost interest in him about 4 books ago.

I'd say Matt is still tied to the horn, that's pretty clear.

When and how he'll get his hands back on it isn't.

What I'd ask is who is left to respond, It seems like many of the heros have been spun back into the story, although Brigitte's guy can't be older than a toddler, so one would have to assume that with Min's viewing of her with a much younger man, she'll survive the last battle, and he will be needed after the last battle.

I think only Birgitte and Gaidal Cain have been spun out. I think Hawkwing, Rogosh Eagle-Eye, and the rest are still there waiting. So once Mat sounds the Horn again, all will come sans those 2. Am I missing others that have been spun out? I'm only on tFoH with my re-read, so I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time....

I think only Birgitte and Gaidal Cain have been spun out. I think Hawkwing' date=' Rogosh Eagle-Eye, and the rest are still there waiting. So once Mat sounds the Horn again, all will come sans those 2. Am I missing others that have been spun out? I'm only on tFoH with my re-read, so I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time....[/quote']

no, i'm just assumed many have been spun back out. We don't really know much about them.

We know one of them is a woman that carries a sword, I forget her name, and I think she might be the Seanchan woman that Egwene dreams about saving her from the falling cliff. If you remember the dream the woman's face couldn't be made out, but the sword didn't flicker a bit. So there is some Seanchan woman with a sword that is important. Could be that Hero.

Ok, fair enough. That could be the case for sure. But I remember there being what seemed like at least a hundred or so heroes in TGH went Mat blew the Horn, so I'd say we're safe that when he blows it again, Hawkwing and the others will be there. Maybe Asmodean is linked to the Horn too now....just kidding. :lol:

The Seanchan woman couldn't be Amerasu for the same reason that Olver can't be Gaidal Cain. Time doesn't work that way. That is unless you are suggesting that Egwene will be saved by a little seanchan baby with a sword strapped to her back?

For the record, I think it would kick some serious @ss if Pedron Niall had been one of the heroes, and will be called back by the horn.

Archived