DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Kathleen

Ready to give up your weapons and take up our Tools? Join us!

thank the both of you :) 

and yup Chaelca i can see the campfire board. i might be interested in some challenges if there's no real time limit on completion. not sure how well it'd work into my work schedule. i have been thinking of starting some warm up sketches and the like so it could help with that. 

Here is your thread : http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/topic/100240-cross/

there are no time limit, don't worry !

All the info about the ranking system is : here http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/topic/85125-the-way-of-the-way-of-the-leaf-ranking-system/

If you have more questions, don't hesitate ! :biggrin:

sweet. again thanks. 

and i had another question earlier but totally cant think of it now. 

remembered it. just what specifically is the distinction between the hobby and arts and crafts wagon? the definitions seem to cross eachother. the hobby one mentions traditional art media but that would also fall under 'arts' and crafts

from what i understood hobby is about what doesn't fall into arts and craft :)

but then i am not the english speaker here lol

yeah its a grey area, a hobby can be an art or craft for someone. mainly something you do for fun or to pass the time. eh i'll just use that as a point of reference for what to post where. 

and your english is pretty darn good. 

The artist Crafters Writers Guild used to have three separate boards. One for each of those three topics.

The writers board had a ton of activity. But the Crafters board and the artists board both were very moderately active.

There came a time when we attempted to reorganize and restructure the boards so that the activity would not be spread so far apart.

At that point we merged the arts and crafts in the one board ans kept the writers completely separate.

Instead of deleting the extra board we repurposed it into a catch-all for any other artistic things that people enjoy but didn't really feel feel fell into those other categories.

Unfortunately activity has dwindled pretty much all around.

So there may be some places where the wording hasn't been updated the way I did try to change it. So if there is reference to arts or crafts on the hobby board it is probably just residual from the old purpose of that board.

If you could screenshot the part that still references the old place that would be helpful for me to get that changed. I am using the phone version so I'm not seeing what you're seeing.

its not so much referring or linking back to an old board as it is just the phrasing in the description of the room: 

619lOel.jpg

the hobby wagon specifically details  working with/wanting to learn about traditional arts graphic arts etc. so its a bit of an initial conflict/confusion with the arts and crafts wagon. as traditional art etc would be considered 'arts' but fits into both wagons by the descriptions. basically i do traditional art  and am just seeing which wagon is the actual best fit ya know? could be both, could be based on whether its a hobby to me or a profession/craft.   make sense?

Yeah that makes sense. It was originally the artists board. That was the description for it. I thought it had been changed. I'll go prob the admins to fix it.

its not so much referring or linking back to an old board as it is just the phrasing in the description of the room:

619lOel.jpg

the hobby wagon specifically details working with/wanting to learn about traditional arts graphic arts etc. so its a bit of an initial conflict/confusion with the arts and crafts wagon. as traditional art etc would be considered 'arts' but fits into both wagons by the descriptions. basically i do traditional art and am just seeing which wagon is the actual best fit ya know? could be both, could be based on whether its a hobby to me or a profession/craft. make sense?

So your best bet is to use the arts and crafts board.

Hobbys would be things that fall outside of arts crafts and writing but are still creative like gardening, music, etc.

Your DM Name: Killashandra

Your Interests: digital art, graphic design. Also a new interest in sewing and embroidery.

Your Email (Optional): I made a nee email just for DM killashandra.sedai@gmail.com

Welcome, Killashandra!  We are happy to have you here!  Kat will get you access to the boards, but for now, feel free to post where you can!

Why types of sewing are you working on?

Well I mostly have an interest with no real experience. The first thing I tried was embroidering on a flame to an old damaged shawl and adding a border of color on the edge to make ot match a dress I have.

http://i.imgur.com/EGYF1cp.jpg

My husband is going to buy me a sewing machine for my birthday. Mainly so I can learn to hem t-shirts... He has a short torso and hates too long t-shirts.

Welcome! You should have access to the boards shortly.

I hope to see more of your projects even you get that machine :)

Love the shawl.

Welcome! You should have access to the boards shortly.

I hope to see more of your projects even you get that machine :)

Love the shawl.

name: faroresdragn

interests: drawing (used to be a lot better at this than I currently am. comic stuff), writing, cross stitch, also super interested in animation although i have no experience or knowledge about actually making it, and I also really love video games, since Im one of the people who consider those an art form. 

please restrain yourselves ladies Im happily engaged.

Edited by Faroresdragn

Welcome to our fires. Do you have a nickname for your handle? It's a little long to type out every time :)

I can't wait to see your work.

I'm sure even when you're rusty you re a better artist than me :)

Thank you very much :)

Farores is fine. Im taking my last final tomorrow, and after that Im a free man, so Im hoping to get some more drawing time in than Ive had while I was in college.

name: Inola

Interests: Writing, sewing, cooking/baking, bead weaving, jewelry making, miniatures (painting/building), ceramics, silk screening, knitting, crochet, cross stitch, woodworking, singing, bellydance, art journaling, hiking, photography....there's a lot. I just really enjoy making things. ^_^

Your DM Name: Moon Lily

Your Interests: Digital Art, sketching/drawing, learning web design, writing, learning to knit, learning to embroider.

Welcome to the Tuathan'an !

You can freely post in any of our boards and sub-boards :biggrin:

Or try to climb up our ranks with some of our challenges. Now due to a low activity, not all challenges are available right now.

(Check the Campfire board for more info)