DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[BBC] Atlantis

SinisterDeath

• Community Administrator

Just started watching the show today.

Already liking it and its not even 5 minutes in.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2705602/?ref_=fn_al_tt_3

Mark Addy, aka Roland from a Knights Tale, or Robert Baratheon in Game of Thrones, plays Hercules.

He's one guy I recognized so far. :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

MFer it's Bill Miller from Still Standing get it right!  :mad:

Seriously though it seems like an interesting show so far.

I like how they're really playing up the greek mythology and the special effects (aka the monsters) look pretty damn good.

My only gripe is the whole prophecy bit. It's so cliche to just drag it out I hope they get this all done with in the first season and it doesn't become a show dominated by "MY DESTINY".

• Community Administrator

Huh? you lost me there. (don't get the reference?)

I like how they're really playing up the greek mythology and the special effects (aka the monsters) look pretty damn good.

Hmm, I dunno the graphics were rather sub-par.. by todays standards at least.. But then, Doctor Who doesn't exactly have the 'best' either. But, I HAVE seen worse, and at least these 'look' what they are trying to make.

My only gripe is the whole prophecy bit. It's so cliche to just drag it out I hope they get this all done with in the first season and it doesn't become a show dominated by "MY DESTINY".

True.

Am I right in believe he is Jason of the Argonauts? Seems 'right' to me at least...

Huh? you lost me there. (don't get the reference?)

:(

Am I the only human who watched that show?

Hmm, I dunno the graphics were rather sub-par.. by todays standards at least.. But then, Doctor Who doesn't exactly have the 'best' either. But, I HAVE seen worse, and at least these 'look' what they are trying to make.

Dude it's a british TV show. All things considered those monsters are excellent.

True.

Am I right in believe he is Jason of the Argonauts? Seems 'right' to me at least...

Yeah I think so.

It fits the whole lost father bit at least.

Is the oracle his mum?

Its possible, the first scenes with her, eluded to that. But its possible she's an agent of a deity that wants him dead...

She's of the temple poseidon, if poseidon wanted him dead he'd have probably drowned before reaching atlantis. Unless he needs to achieve something first.

Remember this is a bbc show aimed at kids, can't see anything overcomplicated in the storyline.

I'm quite liking it so far, although I find it a bit weird that they've decided to use all this Ancient Greek Mythology. And I don't actually like Jason. But Hercules and Pythagoras are pretty amusing at times. I just hope it doesn't end up like Merlin, where the same basic plots and sets got repeated/used over and over again. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived