DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

MAFIA - **STARGATE SG1** - GAME OVER - TOWN WINS

Talya

Both Basel and Berf pushing possible distancing with NotBob/Darthe and mentioning that Hallia is on meta stink to high heaven.

As for Niel, I'm not sure I buy his argument. Half the time I try to type Stargate, I type StarCraft instead, but not knowing the difference between StarCraft and Stargate and not bothering to google the theme are both lynchable offenses imo.

I'm listening to StarCraft casts as I read all this haha.  

The only lynchable offense is not being Town. Given Niel's experience, his actions seem more indicative of his personality than his alignment.  

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hm, I really wish I was familiar with more people's playstyles besides Wombat.

Vote Cindy

Because she doesn't play enough :wub:

I could vote Cindy as well. She doesn't play enough.
I know its gonna cause the "voting darthe is best lynch" movement but this looks bad. Joke votes aside this is agreeing with supoort for an unmade vote.

unvote vote bob

Especially you Darthe because this seems to be quite the curious post. You start with a martyr statement and then narrow in quite seriously on a post that seems to me like a clear joke post?

Unvote

Vote Darthe

Since you haven't been playing for a bit...this is because notbob has been doing this to me every game.

Mm, it's been my favourite game (to play/watch) for the past couple years, but it's a fairly common opinion that it wasn't able to replicate the magic of Brood War (at least as an esport).  Which is a little amusing, since from what I've read of some developer blogs, StarCraft 1 had a trainwreck of development and almost no patches after BW, but it somehow all just worked.  

Vote Cindy

I know its gonna cause the "voting darthe is best lynch" movement but this looks bad. Joke votes aside this is agreeing with supoort for an unmade vote.

unvote vote bob
Especially you Darthe because this seems to be quite the curious post. You start with a martyr statement and then narrow in quite seriously on a post that seems to me like a clear joke post?

Unvote
Vote Darthe

Since you haven't been playing for a bit...this is because notbob has been doing this to me every game.

That explains your following reactions, but I'm not sure how that relates to your original post voting him? 

Vote Count:

Darthe(2): Not Bob, Locke
Dice (1): Tina
cindy (1):  Hally
Lenlo (1): RTE
(Not) Bob (1): Darthe
Dap (1): cindy
Berf (2): wombat, Niel

No deadline yet, but I will be looking at one tonight when back from work. I will also check to see if everyone has signed in.

Carry on...and Darthe that was way too much info in the morning! lol

Basel'd. And Neil'd.

Not Bob/Darthe - Distancing or the standard pre-drinks entertainment

Cindy - Blending. Pointing out the Darthe/NB show. Motives a-plenty for that one and the Pizza game still haunts me. 

Wombat - Time will tell. Too good at being Wombat to give anything away to my eyes at this stage but making the right moves but that means nothing. See what I mean?

Basel - Trying to get peeps modkilled early for posting prior to the game starting? :wink:

Halli - Standard Halli - swings in, a few words, swings back out. The Mafia Ninja of San Fran.

Niel - Post full of pings. PFOP. Time will tell. *Update* 3 games played and that's the opening post you choose to go with? Indeed.

RTE - Rule skimming. Don't think mafia would be that cavalier but we'll see.

Null on everyone else/peeps not checked in. I want to think Tina is town this game so I don't get punched in the face :biggrin:

Isn´t all on your list null reads? Hallia is standard Hallia, time will tell about Niel, NotBob is either or... Why mention some and not others? 

I don´t hold grudges in mafia. Well, except for Song... 

Both Basel and Berf pushing possible distancing with NotBob/Darthe and mentioning that Hallia is on meta stink to high heaven.

As for Niel, I'm not sure I buy his argument. Half the time I try to type Stargate, I type StarCraft instead, but not knowing the difference between StarCraft and Stargate and not bothering to google the theme are both lynchable offenses imo.

I don´t think it´s weird that there will be comments about NotBob and Darthe. Don´t like the Hallia comments though. 

Checking in, just got back from Disney World! I had a blast, and Princess Darla did indeed as well :biggrin:

Will catchup later after audit

I´m jealous. 

I will unvote and vote Berf.  I feel like that list was meant to make it look that he is scumhunting when in fact most of it was fluff. 

It doesn't say we can't post. It does say the game hasn't started.

TBH I don't care at this point because whether I was supposed to or not I posted, so I'll suffer the consequences.

That would include you BTW White Knight.

Ooooh RTE a bit snarky this game! :tongue:

Oblivious. Saw the movie when I was younger but the series never grabbed me.

Even WITH MacGuyver.

Pretty much this. Loved the movie, couldn't ever really get into the series. Strange too, usually it's fairly easy for me to get into a sci-fi series (I miss Farscape and Babylon 5 :sad:)

:wub:

:blush:

snuggles Basel

(bolded emphasis NOT mine)

Cindy softclaims Snuggler

Vote Lenlo

For Nostalgia :wink:

This looked like a possible distancing vote to me, coming right after Wombat voted RTE. RTE declines to comment on Wombat's vote, and instead lobs a "joke" vote right after. Perhaps was trying to bury real votes amongst "joke" votes. Joke votes that came after this kinda make me think I'm onto something here...

Vote Cindy

unvote vote bob

You serious? Weaksauce reasoning for a vote, and it seems to me you'd be dismissive of NotBob's attention as a nulltell if you were town. FOS.

unvote vote bob

Just throw in the towel already.  You couldn't find scum if it hit you in the face.

Underlined: Possible scumslip?

Ehm, ninja´d. Was cometing on my own post. 

Comet_Man_Vol_1_6.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist :laugh:

Just throw in the towel already.  You couldn't find scum if it hit you in the face.

that wasn't accidental.

but it may have been wasted on the rest of the audience.

Why don't you think it was accidental?

Oh and hi Cindy :smile:

Hope there's no hard feelings bout last game :blush:

And just like that this game is already annoying ).)

A bit arrogant?

ordinarily I'd think you guys were putting on a show... but you seem to do this a lot, so... carry on.

Twice now you soft-defend NotBob... hrmmmm.

It gets me hard when others recognize it.

Continue.

:blink:

This is awesome. Hope that actress got paid a good amount, she will forever be known as the "Prairie-doggin it" girl for the rest of her career...

Back! After a loooonggg day at school. 

:smile:

*Yawns*

Never seen stargate....

Isn't it like a videogame or something???

:confused;

Anyways I vote...

no one for now. :smile:

Here, let me google that for you: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=stargate+sg-1

Hmmmm Basel a bit snarky as well this game :tongue:

Basel'd. And Neil'd.

Not Bob/Darthe - Distancing or the standard pre-drinks entertainment

Cindy - Blending. Pointing out the Darthe/NB show. Motives a-plenty for that one and the Pizza game still haunts me. 

Wombat - Time will tell. Too good at being Wombat to give anything away to my eyes at this stage but making the right moves but that means nothing. See what I mean?

Basel - Trying to get peeps modkilled early for posting prior to the game starting? :wink:

Halli - Standard Halli - swings in, a few words, swings back out. The Mafia Ninja of San Fran.

Niel - Post full of pings. PFOP. Time will tell. *Update* 3 games played and that's the opening post you choose to go with? Indeed.

RTE - Rule skimming. Don't think mafia would be that cavalier but we'll see.

Null on everyone else/peeps not checked in. I want to think Tina is town this game so I don't get punched in the face :biggrin:

I don't like this post at all. Don't like parroting what others have said, but there's actually not any real reads on this list, pretty much all null stuff or jokey fluff stuff. Seems a bit early for a list of reads anyways. Also you coattail things others have recently said. Cindy soft-defended NotBob and Darthe, you say roughly the same thing as her, and then you essentially repeat Basel's comment about Wombat being hard to read. You buddy Cindy, and defend Hally's meta for.... what reason? Your jokey fos on Basel stinks, and you seem to be floating out the fos on Niel to see if more people vote him before you feel safe doing so. Lastly your reasoning on RTE is pretty poor. It wouldn't really be cavalier to miss something on the rules, cavalier would imply that they purposefully disregarded the rules instead of skimmed them. Seems like a lame attempt at defending RTE to me.

Seems like you tried following Basel's lead with the list of reads, but didn't end up actually giving any true reads, perhaps out of fear of connecting yourself to teammates.

Vote Berf

actually I pointed out bobs post was dirty and offensive and that he meant it to be. there's a reason some ppl say mafia and not scum.

re defending him or darthe... or what's about to go on with you and darthe I'd guess... the baiting each other thing y'all have been doing lately in games makes me think you guys should get a room. and is a null tell.

you not going out of your way to act scummy I have learned is not a null tell.

Anyhow, my thoughts:

Darthe/NotBob: very entertaining. Possible distancing.

Hally: Seconds a joke vote with another non-serious vote. Mildly pingy, but would mafia really make such an obvious mistake? Worth watching at the very least.

NotBob: Says he could also vote Cindy, because "she doesn't play enough." Which is A. parroting Hally's reasoning, and would be the third vote, but then doesn't actually vote her. Possibly because he knows that he would pick up suspicion if he did; but even the townies don't want to pick up suspicion. Also worth watching for future consideration.

Wombat: Um. :unsure: I usually have trouble reading Womby, and so far this game is no exception. Null tell.

Cindy: Hot.

Unvote for now.

Actually, it was a poke at Cindy who does not play enough.

Vote Cindy

unvote vote bob

Unvote

Vote Darthe

This guy got it.  Must be something in my delivery.  :biggrin:

actually I pointed out bobs post was dirty and offensive and that he meant it to be. there's a reason some ppl say mafia and not scum.

re defending him or darthe... or what's about to go on with you and darthe I'd guess... the baiting each other thing y'all have been doing lately in games makes me think you guys should get a room. and is a null tell.

you not going out of your way to act scummy I have learned is not a null tell.

Ah. Some people get it.  Almost dropped the S but thought it could appear crude to the refined folks here at DM.  Thought he get it with the Towel comment.  Such is life.  I'm bound to be misunderstood.

*sigh* Locke, it makes sense for me to want to deal with. @Des you have been in all of the games.. you've seen me ignore it and your change of attitude here looks like you're trying to use it.

These berf votes are happening too quickly for my liking.

Just realized that didn't answer the Cindy response.. That one was jist me putting stuff together since he accuses me of playing scummy, didnt make sense to not hold someone to their own standards. Ill admit a probable bit of bias at this point..

Meh.

Back! After a loooonggg day at school.

:smile:

*Yawns*

Never seen stargate....

Isn't it like a videogame or something???

:confused;

Anyways I vote...

no one for now. :smile:

Faux confusion, no vote, and subsequent potstirring spam. Choo choo time.

unvote

Vote: Niel

Womby can be town too.

*sigh* Locke, it makes sense for me to want to deal with. @Des you have been in all of the games.. you've seen me ignore it and your change of attitude here looks like you're trying to use it.

These berf votes are happening too quickly for my liking.

Too quickly? It looks like this game has fallen asleep. So you don´t think Berf´s list was interesting in any way?

Vote Count:

Darthe(2): Not Bob, Locke
cindy (1):  Hally
Lenlo (1): RTE
(Not) Bob (1): Darthe
Dap (1): cindy
Berf (4): wombat, Niel, Tina, Des

The Deadline has been set:

8pm BST (GMT+1) Friday (thats just under 3 days)

Thats just over three days. this is the only day that will be so long and there is a good reason, I'm away this weekend going to the Harry Potter Studios in London. (doesn't quite beat Des's Disney World). So night will be over the weekend, as I will be only on my phone and won't be able to do post counts. 

I didbt say either of those things. The berf train isn't the game and I have yet to mention his list.

However his train has four people on it in two pages and then discussion basically dies. That doesn't look right to me. Gonna do a follow up on this tonight *makes mental note*

Archived