DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Welcome back to the Band Mr White

BFG

Yo Horn, it has been a while. I will message Kat and tell her to get back on here for a surprise.

Hey davrick not sure i remember you but hi.

And BB. Have you gone by another name? Or have you been around back in the 2006/2008 era of the band(I think that's when I was last here)

You wouldn't know me. I've only joined within the last year.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes. I will always be Lazy at heart. And I might be Lazy in name again soon. Found my old account and will try resurrect it if I can.

But I digress. This is a welcome/welcome back thread. So the old peoples know me (well they used to) and the newer ones dont. I guess this means I should introduce myself properly.

I am Lazy. One of the Orange Duo, banded to a great man, Horn. A onetime Archer who found his true calling in the Cavalry. 

On to me as a person. In the years I have been gone I have been busy. I dance salsa and compete occasionally. I enjoy martial arts (various different styles have caught my attention). I enjoy reading (RJ and many other authors). I also enjoy gaming, both tabletop and computer. I guess this explains to me why the Band feels like home. The music, and martialness of the band. The fun and games. The overall sense of a great bunch of people. This is why I keep coming back. :)

Now feel free to ask, no bombard me with questions. I henceforth bring back the 'Ask Lazy 100 questions' (for those old enough to remember). They can be personal or otherwise. I will do my best to answer in a truthful fashion. (ps. if this is actually for the other Band only boards, my bad, I dont have access yet).

Yay, another salsa dancer, although that implies that I can dance salsa, and although I try I'm not great.  Love the roueda (sp?) tho, quite excited that my last week at our group will be roueda (recently had an awful week when I was expecting the roueda and it was the kizomba instead, not that I don't like kizomba necessarily, but the mood and atmosphere is very different.

So what's your favourite move?

Ok. First up is Davricks question.

1. Ever hear of Kerbal Space Program?

Yes I have. This game is hilarious and I will link one of the funniest videos of it I have seen. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsSlKsU7p6Q I have played it a bit but dont claim to be very good at anything but exploding things.

Next we have Horns question.

2. List your top 5 board games.

In no particular order

* RISK (there are a few fun variations I have played including LoTR and Godstorm)

* Monopoly

* Trivial Pursuit

* Chess

* Hungry Hungry Hippos

And now for BFG.

3. So what's your favourite (Salsa) move? 

Ok this is kinda tricky. I dont have a favourite one move. I have a few combinations that I enjoy playing with. And the best part of dancing salsa is being able to just play with the music and make stuff up. This is always tricky to make it good enough for the girl to follow. 

-- sidebar-- Rueda is good fun. I dont do rueda much as its not that big here in Christchurch. Same goes for Kizomba but they are both growing slowly here. I agree though, kizomba is a very different feel to salsa but depends on how it is danced and taught. My style that I mainly do is linear (NY) salsa. I will try get some videos up of the upcoming competition.

we go mostly for cuban and variations - on change of style nights they have classes in kizomba, bacheta, merengue...  I have to admit it's much easier as a girl, I don't really need to remember any moves. just follow, makes it easier.  Considering how many people take videos at our group I don't seem to be able to find any to share (perhaps just as well)

And Hungry Hippos?  Excellent choice

we go mostly for cuban and variations - on change of style nights they have classes in kizomba, bacheta, merengue...  I have to admit it's much easier as a girl, I don't really need to remember any moves. just follow, makes it easier.  Considering how many people take videos at our group I don't seem to be able to find any to share (perhaps just as well)

Yea we have a bit of a style change now and then. There is a guy that has just moved to Christchurch from the UK who is starting kizomba up over here. He is also trying to increase the amount of rueda and cuban. 

Bachata is rather fun as well. But need to learn more. Always need to learn more. Also, sometimes you have to get too close to the girls. Which can be scary (but this is not as big an issue anymore for me).

edit- p.s. I am jealous of the girls. So much easier for you sometimes. Just need to follow and bam. The guys have to think about the moves. Make it feel great for the lady (most important) and make her look amazing on the dance floor.

Ok next question.

4. No, no, and no. Unfortunately I havent done much tramping/hiking/walks. I have done a few smaller ones when I lived in Hokitika (cant remember which) and I have driven up and down the South Island (some amazing views to be had).

lol - yes, the closeness in kizomba and bacheta can be, interesting.  The bigger problem for me (no pun intended) is that I'm very tall, generally about 6 inches taller than my partner.  So the standard kizomba hold is pretty much out for me unless I'm with someone tall enough and last week, discovered that dips could potentially be, problematic, for the guy :innocent:

Would love to go walking in New Zealand, next time I can convince work to let me take 6 weeks I'm there!  Although now I have a normal job, I may need to figure out how to do what I want in less time.

Yes. I understand that feeling. Im not super tall myself (just over 6ft) but most of the girls around that I dance with are short (5ft or so). So sometimes its difficult. Also if you think bachata/kizomba is close. Look up zouk (zouk lambada maybe). This is similar and can be quite 'sensual' as they say. The one dance partner that I had that was about 1 or 2 inches taller than me was rather good to dance with. I didnt need to worry about looking down or awkward bending/stretching to do some moves. And dips can always be problematic.

A friend and I have been talking about a camping trip sometime end of year maybe. Would be great and the hike out would be well worth it. 

And I would definately agree. NZ is a great place to visit if you get a chance.

That looks like fun though, faster than the other two.  I don't think I have the balance for that sort of dance yet tho.

So where would be your favourite holiday destination/activity?

Yea zouk can be rather fast. But all depends on the speed of a song. I have danced fast bachata and salsa and slow zouks.

Anyway, next question is a difficult one.

5. So where would be your favourite holiday destination/activity?

I have no real clue where I want to go. I think maybe Canada would be nice. Or Europe (Spain, Italy and a few other areas there). And my perfect holiday activity is being a tourist and just enjoying the new sights, sounds, smells and tastes.

Ok. Just found and resurrected this account. This is me. Lazy. Aka MrWhite. You can call me as you will. I will be posting from this account from here on out.

Now to bring back lazys joke shack. And I think keeping it out of the cav boards would allow the entire band to benefit.

The first would be Kath, logically

See now that confuses me because Kathana was JenL's handle back when I started here on Dm. LOL

Yes!!!  Kath is how I always knew Jen. 

Lazy, they call Kat, Kati in the WT.  *g*

Ah...so good to have you back Lazy!!! 

Now my questions....

Why did you come back?  (I ask because I took a 3 year break from DM/the Band myself) 

What is it like to be banded to the Orange One?  He's my hero ya know.

Hmm. Oh I know JLM (I assume that JenL is JLM aka JenLenaMom aka Kathana?) Some good old Myndjack days.

Ok I will try to go to Kati but no promises. Confusion is my forte.

Its good to be back.

Some good questions Brid.

6. Why did you come back?

It was kinda random. I was talking to a friend who was doing some research on message boards. I remembered the good times and friends I had here, came along to look, and got hooked when I saw some familiar names. Also, this place has been great to me. Met some awesome people and made some friends.

7. What is it like to be banded to the Orange One? He's my hero ya know

He is a legend. I dont honestly remember it all. I remember bits and pieces about how we both loved orange and that brought us together to begin with. From there the love friendship blossomed. I am glad that Horn remembers me and will gladly renew our Duet of Orange.

Lazy banded to the hero

Makes me feel like a zero

Horn will be so elated

To the background I am fated

Oh no Lazy!!!  Horn has never forgotten.  (see his siggie)  I'm so glad to have you back...but how did we miss each other?

Oh and ignore the rhyme stuff....part of my RA challenge

Miss each other? I sort of remember seeing you around Brid. Just not 100% sure why we didnt talk more. Around 2008/2009 when I was last around I was in and out a lot as well due to exams and issues I was dealing with in my life back then.

Hmm maybe we were not fated to meet back then and now is a second chance at the friendship that could have been. :)

Oooh, I like this one!

Our meeting will be fun

Yes I was around then

Stupid me, a fat hen

Ok, got that out of the way.  I know about you cause of Horn, but I feel we never got the chance to really meet. 

damn you are poetical and I'm going to take you up on that.  *grins* 

Im not really poetical, I just get lucky sometimes and end up making something sound awesome.

I think we should prepare for the chance of a lifetime.

This is sensational news.

I agree!  *grins*

the Cav needs you Lazy!!! 

Archived