DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Please say hello, I'm really nice. Honest!

BrightPinkVenom

Hi there everyone.

I've been a long time reader of the series and I've just picked up a copy of the most recent book.  I haven't started it yet because I'm still in the middle of GRR Martin's recent book.  

I've been really excited to get into the new WoT book, but its been such a long time since I read anything from the series.  I've contemplated re-reading the entire series, but that might be a monumental task given my limited spare time.  So I thought I'd join a fandom site of some kind, and this one seemed like the most popular.

It also looks like you got some form of social groups/organizations going on as well. I'll have to check those out as well.

ANYWAY!  I'm really excited to be here. I'd love to meet new people.  And If you have any suggestions on where on this board I should visit, that would be great.  Part of why I'm here is to find a way to remember what's been going on with the series.  Another part of why I'm here is entirely to meet new friends.

Also, I realize that this is an introduction post.  I'm really bad at these.  So I'm just going to say:

Hi. My name is Lauren.  I'm 33 years old. I like the Wheel of Time.   If there's anything else you'd like to know about me, please ask.  Consider this a free and open forum to find out anything about me!

Anyway.  I can't wait to meet you all. <3

-bvp

Hiya! Welcome!

Where you should visit..... Well everywhere! :)

There are discussions on wheel of time as well as all manner of other things, a whole wheel of time role play section ifbthatbis your thing as well. For meeting people and making friends, I would say the social groups are the way to go! Each has their own theme taken from the books: you can join as many or as few as you like, but I would reccomend not all at once as that would be a bit of a information overload! :D

Where are you from?

Welcome, Lauren!!! We are very happy you decided to join us. We have social groups and you can join as many as you wish. I spend most of my time in the White Tower and Warders. You can go look at each group and there will be a sticky at the top letting you know what each group is about. If you are interested in becoming an Aes Sedai or Warder (males and females can join either) the White Tower and Warders would be the place to go.

If you don't want AMoL spoiled, just stay out of those discussion areas.

I am Ryrin, an Aes Sedai of the Green Ajah. My favorite characters are Siuan and Moiraine. Do you have any favorites? Have you read "New Spring" as well?

Haha, well after that sweet title I can't come not say hi :P

Welcome to DM! Come visit everwhere and jump in on any of the activities, discussions, social and spam and do explore the RP side :D

p.s. So I must ask, pink venom and all, do you bite? The Reds in the Social Group White Tower will love you. :laugh:

Welcome to DM! This is the right place to be in if you want to talk about WoT with fellow nerds and meet new friends. Since you haven´t read AMoL I suggest that you only check out the general wot discussion board. That way you won´t find any spoilers.

It´s easy to find new friends in the social groups. All of them have different themes so check them out before joining one or more. I obviously spend most of my time in the Black Tower. If you are a crazy person who loves games then that is the right place for you. :D

Unfortunately I have too little time to role play but I highly recommend the rp section if you like to role play.

Hiya! Welcome!

Where you should visit..... Well everywhere! :)

There are discussions on wheel of time as well as all manner of other things, a whole wheel of time role play section ifbthatbis your thing as well. For meeting people and making friends, I would say the social groups are the way to go! Each has their own theme taken from the books: you can join as many or as few as you like, but I would reccomend not all at once as that would be a bit of a information overload! :D

Where are you from?

Great!  Thank you for the suggestions.  I didn't even realize there was a role play section. I might have to check that out.

And I'm from Calgary Alberta, Canada. ^_^  And yourself?

Welcome, Lauren!!! We are very happy you decided to join us. We have social groups and you can join as many as you wish. I spend most of my time in the White Tower and Warders. You can go look at each group and there will be a sticky at the top letting you know what each group is about. If you are interested in becoming an Aes Sedai or Warder (males and females can join either) the White Tower and Warders would be the place to go.

If you don't want AMoL spoiled, just stay out of those discussion areas.

I am Ryrin, an Aes Sedai of the Green Ajah. My favorite characters are Siuan and Moiraine. Do you have any favorites? Have you read "New Spring" as well?

Great. I was hoping I could navigate this place and not read too many spoilers.  I've heard a few already, but only enough to keep me interested.  As for favourites, Since her introduction, I have been in love with Tuon. <3

Greetings my friend! Hope you enjoy your stay here.

Thanks!

Haha, well after that sweet title I can't come not say hi :P

Welcome to DM! Come visit everwhere and jump in on any of the activities, discussions, social and spam and do explore the RP side :D

p.s. So I must ask, pink venom and all, do you bite? The Reds in the Social Group White Tower will love you. :laugh:

It's a very distinct possibility that I do indeed bite. :p

Thanks everyone for the welcomes so far! ^_^

Welcome to DM! This is the right place to be in if you want to talk about WoT with fellow nerds and meet new friends. Since you haven´t read AMoL I suggest that you only check out the general wot discussion board. That way you won´t find any spoilers.

It´s easy to find new friends in the social groups. All of them have different themes so check them out before joining one or more. I obviously spend most of my time in the Black Tower. If you are a crazy person who loves games then that is the right place for you. :D

Unfortunately I have too little time to role play but I highly recommend the rp section if you like to role play.

Thanks! I really appreciate the advice. :)

Welcome to DM BPV! ...BPV...Bright...Venom...I'll have to wait and see which nickname suits you best   :)

Hiya! I'm BB! I trust you're very nice XD

I'm glad you found us here on DM! Ah, mmm, I had to re-read the first five books, but not the entire series, though I plan to do that some day. I hope you get onto AMoL soon, it's amazing! As the others said, I'd avoid the discussion boards until you've read the last one. Who's your favourite character?

The social groups are free game though!! They all have their own themes and quirks. I'm personally most often in the Band, but I am a part of the White Tower and the Wolfkin as well, and all of them are brilliant. :)

And roleplaying!!!! Definitely join us over on the RP side! We're always excited to get new authors and new characters!

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions, or if you just wanna chat!  :)

Hello BrightPinkVenom! I'm Xthrax, welcome to DM. You should go around, explore. If you haven't finished AMoL but would still like to discuss you could try the pre-AMoL discussion board. Theres also a great social group section here. I joined the White Tower/Warders andrecommend it but there are several others for you to choose from. There's also the RP section if like role playing. Anyway hope to see you around!

Welcome to DM BPV! ...BPV...Bright...Venom...I'll have to wait and see which nickname suits you best   :)

Hiya! I'm BB! I trust you're very nice XD

I'm glad you found us here on DM! Ah, mmm, I had to re-read the first five books, but not the entire series, though I plan to do that some day. I hope you get onto AMoL soon, it's amazing! As the others said, I'd avoid the discussion boards until you've read the last one. Who's your favourite character?

The social groups are free game though!! They all have their own themes and quirks. I'm personally most often in the Band, but I am a part of the White Tower and the Wolfkin as well, and all of them are brilliant. :)

And roleplaying!!!! Definitely join us over on the RP side! We're always excited to get new authors and new characters!

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions, or if you just wanna chat!  :)

Hi BB, Nice to meet you.  Thanks for the welcome.  I'd have to say that my all time favourite character is Tuon. She's my hero.

Hello BrightPinkVenom! I'm Xthrax, welcome to DM. You should go around, explore. If you haven't finished AMoL but would still like to discuss you could try the pre-AMoL discussion board. Theres also a great social group section here. I joined the White Tower/Warders andrecommend it but there are several others for you to choose from. There's also the RP section if like role playing. Anyway hope to see you around!

Thanks for the welcome!

BPV - No spoilers from AMoL are allowed anywhere on the forum until the book has been out for a year, except for the designated AMoL forum, so even the book discussion forums should be safe. Welcome to DM!

Thank you. I'm really glad there exist non-spoiler areas.  ^_^

Love the Handle, love the intro :)

Welcome to DM!

Question: bvp? What does that stand for? I automatically thought of "been voor paaltjie" which is the Afrikaans for "leg before wicket" which is one way of getting yourself out in cricket ... but I'm thinking that's not what you meant ... lol

Welcome to DM, if you have an interest in writing we are always looking for people on the RP side of DM. I'm the second in command in the WT over there. :) I have two characters both Greens. *laughs* So if you have an interest we are happy to have new people. I'm also new in the Band of the Red hand it's fun! :)

Welcome to DM!

Question: bvp? What does that stand for? I automatically thought of "been voor paaltjie" which is the Afrikaans for "leg before wicket" which is one way of getting yourself out in cricket ... but I'm thinking that's not what you meant ... lol

Gah! Oh for pete's sake.  Here I am trying to be all cool collected, what with all the fun introduction and proper grammers.  Then I go off and misspell my own signature.  

Ok ok.  Announcement.  Let's all pretend the new girl didn't just goof up and make a fool of herself in her first post. ^_^

Also, hi, thanks for the welcome.

Welcome to DM, if you have an interest in writing we are always looking for people on the RP side of DM. I'm the second in command in the WT over there. :) I have two characters both Greens. *laughs* So if you have an interest we are happy to have new people. I'm also new in the Band of the Red hand it's fun! :)

Awesome! I'm definitely going to check out the RP side of things when I have a moment. 

Elgee: maybe short for BrightPinkVenom?

And waves from across the pond as I'm in Cardiff.

I'm just reading a big section of Mat / Tuon bits, I love those parts!

*waves*  Thanks for picking up my true intention despite spelling mistakes.

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome to DM!

Gah! Oh for pete's sake.  Here I am trying to be all cool collected, what with all the fun introduction and proper grammers.  Then I go off and misspell my own signature.  

Ok ok.  Announcement.  Let's all pretend the new girl didn't just goof up and make a fool of herself in her first post. ^_^

Also, hi, thanks for the welcome.

You killed me on that one!! 

Welcome to DM BPV!!!!  You are going to be an awesome addition I think.  *grins*  ARe you having fun? 

Oooh, new Crayola color Mumzy!!! 

Archived