DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Androl Genhald

mlva103

Did anyone else pick up on Androl reflecting on his past and mentioning his relation to someone named Jain?  Androl keeps his past pretty close to his chest.  Could he be Jain Farstrider's son or friend?

On another note.  Logain's role in the last book was kind of Lo-lame!  His pent up anger and aggression seemed a bit forced.  His character was gone from the books for so long and then reappears with all of this new emotion that we never saw before.  I think he should have been focused on a bit more and Androl a bit less.  I do agree that some of the more known Asha'man (Grady, Neald, Naeff, Narishma, etc..) should have gotten some more of the face time.  The only problem was they weren't at the BT.  We really didn't know any of the Asha'man there because the goings on there were kept quiet.

would explain all his traveling and random Noeledge ( :biggrin:

Androl is one of my favorite characters though. I actually really enjoyed the in-depth look we finally received about the black tower. I don't think he outshines Logain as some might say, Logain is the clear leader of the tower, Androl being his second in command kinda? 

the bond him and Pevara shared was also awesome, and very Age of Legends like in my mind. I don't care if it was sanderson or RJ, to me it fit with the overall theme and message of the book, to have the two of them to have that connection, and fall for each other as well

• 4 years later...
On 12/29/2013 at 9:37 PM, PhantomSoul said:

I liked Androl, and in the end he was one of my favorite characters. Maybe it's because he was a BS creation - he did kind of seem to have a much more contemporary personality, now that it's mentioned. I really do wish there was more on him...

That being said, I have to admit that I didn't really see that coming. I always thought Logain would rise to be the hero of the Asha'man and Black Tower...

He's my favorite character too, largely because of the whole lava "you're too much of a good dick to be trusted with that much of the Power" scene.

On 2/14/2014 at 1:30 PM, Matt's Pink Lace said:

would explain all his traveling and random Noeledge ( :biggrin:

Androl is one of my favorite characters though. I actually really enjoyed the in-depth look we finally received about the black tower. I don't think he outshines Logain as some might say, Logain is the clear leader of the tower, Androl being his second in command kinda? 

the bond him and Pevara shared was also awesome, and very Age of Legends like in my mind. I don't care if it was sanderson or RJ, to me it fit with the overall theme and message of the book, to have the two of them to have that connection, and fall for each other as well

Logain seems to be a great character to expand on in an outrigger series given his PTSD with the tower.