DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Hello

Xthrax

Hey, I'm Xthrax. Ever since I started reading WoT and completed AMoL recently, I've been around this site. Well decided to join now after finishing AMoL. It felt like a good decision to be part of the WoT community and that too on a site thats helped a lot while i was reading. Hope to look around and get to know people here.

Welcome, Xthrax!!! I think you made a great decision to join us. :-) I know you said you just finished AMoL. When did you discover the series? I found it about 2-3 years ago and read all the books that were available at that time in 6 months. I'm just amazed at the world RJ created. We have multiple sections here such as books discussions, social groups and role playing. The social groups have lots of things going on and it's a great way to meet people. Most of my time is spent in the White Tower and Warders but you will see other groups as well. You can join as many as you wish. Please do look around and if you have any questions or need help, just ask. Welcome to DM.

Thanks Ryrin! I discovered WoT about a year and a half back. I just finished a series and was looking for something new when I bought Eye of the World since it looked pretty good. I didn't think then that I would get hooked in the world RJ created back then, just picked it up to fill my time. But when I started I was hooked and then just continued reading the rest of the books from then on. When AMoL released it took me quite a while to get the book in the beginning(was rereading ToM then). Now I wanted to join a WoT community because of the nostalgic sadness you feel after it's all done. RJ is gone, there won't be more of WoT, but yeah I will go back to starting all over a few months from now.

Re-reads are great and I can see myself doing it annually. Do you have a favorite character? Book? I really enjoyed "New Spring" after reading the first few books. It answered a lot of the questions I had about Aes Sedai. Here, both males and females can be Aes Sedai or Warders. It takes some time and effort but it's worth it. You can do that in the White Tower and Warders. Each social group has their own focus. Have you had some time to look at them? Find anything interesting?

Many greetings to you good friend! I'm new too, but I hope us newbies can get to know more of each other.
I've found most of the people friendly, and I'm sure you'll find a group that suits your interests.

Just watch out for Aes Sedai. They'll surely want to snare you into their plans.

Xthrax, you like a mutant strain of the disease? Should we quarantine you somewhere? 

HazmatMonstersInc.jpg

Welcome to DM sir! You read fast man! lol I've been reading the series siiiiince....93?....Somewhere around there. I was 13. Longer than i care to think about lol. I love RJ's ability to really paint a picture inside your head. I love the scenes more than the characters i think. The ride outside Shadar logoth and the old tongue, Asha'Man Kill, Perrin and the forging of the hammer, Rand making the AS kneel. OH! ingtar's end. So tragic. 

Have you had a chance to look around here much yet? You have any questions or anything hit me up. Be happy to help. If you decide to check out the Social Groups side you're not stuck with juts one Group. I am a member of the White Tower and Black Tower social groups. Go check them out! There's a lot of fun and a lot of dicsuccions/events. A little bit for everyone. You can find your niche. Hope to see ya around man!

Thanks for the welcome everyone! Um favourite character, well more like characters but yeah the most favourite would be Mat. And beside him Loial. Then along the line Min, Rand, Perrin etc but yeah I would fixate on Mat and Loial. Books would be EotW, ToM, AMoL.

Hello Sherper, hope to know you better too. DM is fun, discussions especially. 

Hello Millon, I'm sure it's alright. I won't be too much of a risk! Yeah, I've been told I read pretty fast. Yep RJ truly did something amazing with WoT. What I love the most and that featured especially in AMoL how he plays the battles out especially when Mat's genius is working with it. Hope to see you around!

I have been looking around the social groups and saw that most of them have specific themes and go along those themes in role plays. Could someone break down what those themes are for each group. And is it light role play in groups? Or do you have it only in the role play section?  

Each group will have a sticky on top that will explain their "theme," how to join and what is expected. I know in the White Tower role playing is expected to take place in the RP section. However, just like the Tower in the books, one can become an Aes Sedai or Warder. We function within those roles depending on the rank. In addition there are discussions, games and other activities. I hope that makes sense and if it doesn't I'm sure someone will come around and explain it better.

Welcome to DM!  As for themes there are two groups I can give offhand on. The first of the groups I am a member of is the Band of the Red Hand which, among other things, focuses on discussions of music, the arts, travel and food (restaurants). When you join you will meet members of the three regiments which you will have a chance to mingle with before picking one to join.  Then there is the Black Tower, mighty and strong... There we talk about... um... random things... yeah. It's a really fun place to just be yourself, spam to your hearts content and let the voices in your head out for a little bit.  No exact "theme" to the BT, just let the taint be your guide :tongue: .

There are a number of other groups which, I am sure, are just as fun to be in (And you are not limited to just one group so feel free to join as many as you have time for) but those are the two that I can personally say I've take part in... Mostly just browse the parts of the group that you can see (there are sub-forums which you gain access to soon after joining a group) and see which one(s) you fit best in.

Hiya! I would like to jump in and say welcome as well!

If you are looking for serious role play, the role play groups down at the bottom of the board are the way to go. The social groups are not really role play, more inspired by the things In the books and take names, structures etc aftere them, if that makes sense.

In the White Tower, as Ryrin said, you can be a Warder or Aes Sedai, and also choose your discipline or Ajah. The Black Tower is more tainty and spammy that the others groups (in my experience) and Shayol Ghul, which I'm also a member of is evil...... but in a good way! :D

Archived