DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Aiel Heart

The Red Field Trip

*crossing my fingers for the both of you*

I hope the little one will come out soon and that your hubby will quickly recover

Thanks! He is doing better already. Not even taking his pain meds anymore. So until Scotland he should be completely well again :-)

Hello! I am on my field trip round.

I really relate to what you write in the post about the Red Ajah. I have always been myself, unapolegetically. I was the one to always discuss with my teachers and my parents and every other authority figure, yet they somehow ended up liking me, because I showed so much interest! I have never shied from sharing my opinion, or been afraid to stand up for something. What angers me most about this world sometimes is all the apathy in it, all the people not caring, not wanting to care.

I am a very principled person, which has rubbed some people the wrong way, even friends. But my principles, morals and ideas represent my core. It is who I am. I have never been afraid to be alone, I like myself, and enjoy my own company.

I have always been a feminist, aswell, and don't have much patience with douchy guys. But I never liked the Red Ajah of the books, not just with their misandry, but their general power thirst and inability to understand other people's views (it's possible to understand it, even if you disagree). Then again, maybe the books weren't fair with the Red, but their main purpose in the books was to hunt down men who could channel... who had never chosen to be who they were. It is difficult to get over that book version of the Ajah, even if this version seems great!

It does take a while to get used to, or rather, understand the Red Ajah on DM. I'm just glad I found them :)

Oops...Sorry for the late reply. Work got in the way >.<

What was your favorite Ajah in the book, Olwena ? :)

I didn't like the book Reds either lol

4 hours ago, Chaelca said:

Oops...Sorry for the late reply. Work got in the way >.<

What was your favorite Ajah in the book, Olwena ? :)

I didn't like the book Reds either lol

Probably the Blue, but that might be because I love both Moiraine and Siuan, and they were both Blue. I also like they Yellow, though, I respect their attitude to healing instead of destruction and they managed to stay out of a lot of the "drama" in the Tower.

Edited by OlwenaSedai

True! the Yellow seemed to be a very peaceful bunch for these matters.

(I kinda like the Greens because I like to fight... literally lol with Krav or reenactment).

Have you been tempted to by an Aes Sedai ring or a shawl?

I is super curious, sorry lol

On 5-11-2017 at 5:28 PM, Tamcha said:

So, what has changed in the Red Ajah since I was a member?

Hiya Tamcha, how long since you were a member and did you go by another name then? Sorry, I suck at names so you're going to have to help me out a bit there :) I joined the Ajah at the end of 2006 and was raised in 2007 and almost immediately became Head. But unfortunately I have been quite bad at my duties in recent years due to Real Life being a bit of a "pregnant dog"

On 9-1-2018 at 6:48 PM, OlwenaSedai said:

Hello! I am on my field trip round.

I really relate to what you write in the post about the Red Ajah. I have always been myself, unapolegetically. I was the one to always discuss with my teachers and my parents and every other authority figure, yet they somehow ended up liking me, because I showed so much interest! I have never shied from sharing my opinion, or been afraid to stand up for something. What angers me most about this world sometimes is all the apathy in it, all the people not caring, not wanting to care.

I am a very principled person, which has rubbed some people the wrong way, even friends. But my principles, morals and ideas represent my core. It is who I am. I have never been afraid to be alone, I like myself, and enjoy my own company.

I have always been a feminist, aswell, and don't have much patience with douchy guys. But I never liked the Red Ajah of the books, not just with their misandry, but their general power thirst and inability to understand other people's views (it's possible to understand it, even if you disagree). Then again, maybe the books weren't fair with the Red, but their main purpose in the books was to hunt down men who could channel... who had never chosen to be who they were. It is difficult to get over that book version of the Ajah, even if this version seems great!

HI there Olwena, your name sounds familiar to me. Have you been a member of DM before?
It sounds like you may benefit from reading the text on the history of the Red Ajah you'll find in one of our stickied threads here on the Ajah board. It answers quite a few of your (just) remarks considering the Red Ajah both here and in the books :)

When I joined the WT here there was no way, no how, no sliver of a chance I was EVER going to go Red. NEVER was gonna' happen. I was going to be Green or Blue. That's it. ;) Uhuh, that worked out just fine as you can see. LOL

Hellllloooo Reds! 

I have poked back in and try this again a little more.. formally? 

I'm Arie an oooold Green/Red from back in the day. I floated in here once and wasn't exactly good at meeting a lot of you, so lets try this again with a fresh start? I'm nearly 35, I have two kids, a little more settled in life and still have the deepest love of the Ajah of the most unapologetic Ajah. :)

Hey there XD

Well things are quite slow for us at the moment. It seems that the Reds have changed throughout the years. I wouldn't know, though... since I spend most of my time here as a Green :tongue:

What made you pick the Reds in the past if I may ask ? :)

Hi Red!

Last but not least on my field trip round is you guys :)

I got you this tool box, I read something about a tool kit so thought you may need more storage ;)

Image result for red toolbox

19 hours ago, Chaelca said:

Hey there XD

Well things are quite slow for us at the moment. It seems that the Reds have changed throughout the years. I wouldn't know, though... since I spend most of my time here as a Green :tongue:

What made you pick the Reds in the past if I may ask ? :)

Well, I'm a very very passionate person and pretty "idgaf" about other people's opinions about me or how they feel i should be. ;) It fit very much into that and the things I liked doing even when not many would agree on the method or idea. #isntalwaysthemostpopular #butthatiskindathepointtodevilsadvocate

I can relate XD

... and I totally had to google the idgaf word lol

@Taren that's indeed a very nice present *grins*

Maybe it will come in handy when you and Arie visit us later in your journey :baalzamon:

*checks the initiates' hands*

They are wayyyy too clean at the moment. I don't see any dirt and you smell too good as well. None of you has been pushed in to moat yet, I guess?

>>
<<

I totally giglesnorted to that.. and will raise you a toolbox for a toy chest.

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcStallsqJkckGa9o-YD7

Not what you had in mind? Well I have littles so it's the only chest I have that either isn't locked or in a bra... :waggle

Edited by Arie

Once can only hope! 

So, what about Red is your favorite thing about Red that only Red has?

I had to read this twice XD

I guess it's too early in the morning for me lol

but my favourite Red thing is definitely Mystica's pink Red Dungeon.... She's unfortunately busy at the moment but when she traps people in it (me included) it's always a lot of fun to see them trying to escape :baalzamon:

It's a pity there are not enough games like that one lol

*slaps her imp for not getting her enough chocolate* XD

On 2/16/2018 at 9:56 AM, Chaelca said:

I had to read this twice XD

I guess it's too early in the morning for me lol

but my favourite Red thing is definitely Mystica's pink Red Dungeon.... She's unfortunately busy at the moment but when she traps people in it (me included) it's always a lot of fun to see them trying to escape :baalzamon:

Until they finally learn that "Hotel California" was written for the Red Ajah .... *grins*