DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Red Field Trip

Oh Mother we get two kinds of cherries! You will have to come have some and come to a event in the US. Cherries are usually costly here to but not terribly so. We get the dark red ones and my faves are the yellow and red ones. I dont recall the name.

I am glad to hear y'all like the book reds or their purpose even if some of them were... questionable. I have never seen the type of stereotyping of red like you must have had here. That sucks.

I am loving the stories. I think the dungeons part is awesome. How fun.

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That shawl looks awesome O.O

(I really should start working on one :biggrin:)

you are completely free to hope and aspire to whatever you choose to, so long as you give each Ajah a fair chance.

DM is not as strict as TVnet when it comes to Ajah choices eventhough most of us do encourage making your choice based on the Ajah as they are here (versus the preconceptions people have based on the books or other sites). It can be difficult though, especially when things have slowed down so much and there are only a handful of us around at any given time.

When I joined DM I was determined. I was going to be either Blue or Green. Under no circumstance, for no reason whatsoever, was I ever going to be a Red.

As you can tell, that turned out a tadbit different lol.

Things have changed quite a bit since I joined though. We did indeed have our share of prejudgement, prejudice and misconceptions to deal with. Which is what prompted us to find our own identity as an Ajah and a characterization we could stand behind as both individuals as well as a group.

Muirenn was quite instrumental in those days in helping me to understand the true nature of the Reds and some of the ancient Reds here also helped me to understand the core of our identity and the path this Ajah has taken over the years. That helped me when I became Head and I had to find a way to steer us away from those prejudices and form an identity that we could adopt as our own without it completely overpowering our individual identities.

Individuality is a big part of the DM Reds but at the same time we are also a very close group even if we sometimes don't speak to each other for months. No matter how long a Red has been away, when they return this is their home.

Equality is a cause we've adopted as one of our core values as it does fit very well with us and is reflected in so many aspects of life.

Humor and not taking oneself too serious is also something most Reds are very keen on (hence the extraordinary amount of brats I have to deal with... ). We will get serious when it's needed though, make no mistake. But we don't generally set out to prove our importance at every turn. We don't need to :wink: Our actions speak for us, each in our own field, in our own way.
Hence the prettying of algai and the dungeon and the brats constantly burning my eyes out with all things pink (horrid colour!)

I loved the Dungeons too. I missed being in Dungeon the first time so next time when opportunity presented itself, I deliberately worked to be thrown in the Dungeon :laugh: .

ALOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

*tackles and snugglebites Killashandra*

Fun fact.... When I first joined TV.net, I adopted... or was adopted? by Eli and Aloren as their TV.net brat child :grin:

Ah... the good old days!

What i really find interesting is how many of the members who are Red on DM, are members of very different groups elsewhere. Personally I'm not that active anywhere anymore. University is just swallowing me whole. As it is I should be studying for an exam I have tomorrow *mutters*

1. Favourite History/ Silliness

There is actually a part of our Aspiration process that is a favourite of mine. Just because it requires you to really think about what you're doing, rather than making a decision on a  whim. *flinches in case the Highest thinks that's too much info given away*

Hmmmm I really liked it when my delightful Warder and I both won the best butt competition. Obviously we're the hottest pair in the tower  :rolleyes:

I don't know if I can pinpoint one great thing about Red. But If I had to, I'd probably say the uniqueness of it all. We are all *very* different people, but there's a single common trait of respect and strength that we can all revere in one another.

2. US Reds

I actually think we have ridiculous spread of members. I mean we have (Yes G, you're still totes a Red  :laugh: ) and myself - who are from SA. Then we have a few Aussies. We have a fair amount of Europeans - definitely Belgium and Scotland (off the top of my head), and we have Asia :cool: . Most Stateside members are quite inactive, but they do come and go as life allows them to.

there's no suppose about that! I really, honestly, no-joke do not like pink.

Yele and Muirenn are from the States, but Muir hasn't been around here in ages. Torrie is also from the US.

LOL Tynaal, I won't lynch you just yet :wink:

*needs to get to studying too*

to clarify, I launched in to my midlife crisis and decided to go back to college on top of a fulltime job... next midlife crisis, I'm getting a young lover instead. much less work that....

HI Killishandra!

Until about 3 years ago, I was a Houston Reddie! (Lived very close to Yele, too. Miss you!)

I'm in Arizona now, and miss Texas, but my health is better and my money is better. 

I'm a Army Veteran, a writer, and a Women's Historian (I have a Master's in history- Mr Moon says it is a Mistress degree). 

I haven't been as active on DM lately as I used to be, life is pulling me away, but I still am around every so often and even when I'm away, I still think about my Red sisters. 

They're always with me, even in spirit. 

Well Texas is still Texas. We plan to move away whenever we can. We liked Dallas. The area we are in now is about an hour and 40 mins from Houston. Really near where I grew up. Not a big city my any measure. No one in the family likes it. My husband least of all. Its giving him depression. My son also complains when things are less available to do here. Ugh Mom why cant we go back to Dallas.

I dont quite know were we will be moving yet though.

A Mistress degree. Ha. Thats a good one.

Edited by Killashandra

Just to clarify..... the Dungeon is supposed to be a punishment......

Like you're supposed to hate pink?  :huh:

Excuse me while I collapse in a heap from laughing too hard. :laugh:  *ties pink ribbons on all of Mysty's shoes* :tongue:

*waves at Killashandra* Great name. Are you a crystal singer?  :smile: Welcome to the Reds. I'm late as usual I'm afraid. My activity here is almost non existent but I do love these women. I'm the "Scotland" part that Ty mentioned.

No I am not but yes I love that series and also it is also a place/town in Ireland. I lived in Ireland for a couple of years and still remember Ireland fondly.

Well then I am honored you have come to say hello then.

I am doing a re read right now. Well I am actually listening to the audio books. I have not gotten to the big Red ajah/Ashaman parts. I dont remember tons of details on those parts so I find myself looking forward to them. I have found the re read in my 30s is for sure different then reading each book when it came out at much younger ages.

Ah great..... Killa, meet my first Souvra and Queen of the Brats. Nothing that says sisterly love than having you almost drowned in your own city. Piece of advice, don't ever go in a boat with That one or with Talya (another of our Reds). It may save your life.

I'd throw her in the Dungeon too if I had the slightest hope it would do any good. But that Scottish menace is just too far gone I'm afraid.

*throws Tay in the nearest river instead*

What's a crystal singer and what's this series???

It is a great scfi trilogy by Anne Mccaffery. She also write the Dragonriders of Pern. I used to have a phpb? Board where we role played like the Pern weyrs. Good times.

I will keep that in mind Mystica Sedai. I do know how to swim quite well though, just in case.

Edited by Killashandra

Oh I've got the Pern books, Loved those though I need to do a re-read, I'm afraid I've forgotten quite a bit of the story. Might have to check that other one out then.

Always a wise thing to do around Tay and Talya.

Oh and no need to Sedai us here on DM (unless you want to of course). We're not that strict here with titles and such.

hi reds! doing my field trippy thing and just looking around got to say so far you guys seem to be have the most interactive group

we do? wow.... that's a surprise considering most of the Reds are doing their notorious wandering thing. LOL

Hi Cross, welcome! *snugglebites the new one*

Feel free to join in anywhere or even start your own thread if you want.

Meanwhile, tell us a bit about you. And if you have any questions about us, let us have it!

little about me? umm i'm terrible at that question. just an artist poking around the ajahs trying to get a feel for things. 

do have a question for you guys though. what brought you to the Red Ajah?

That's a good question lol

I signed in on DM years ago (when we still had the old site) then I took a break. When I came back the Green Ajah didn't feel like it did in the old days so I took the time to find a new home.

I love to read, I am geek but it is the Red Ajah that caught my attention the most. I love how passionate they / we are. The Reds are all fighters in their own way. Sometimes we can be quite serious when it comes to these fights but sometimes we can just fool around and not feel guilty about it :laugh: now on top of that my Sisters are wonderful ladies that have always make me feel welcome ;)

What Chae said, but also for me one of the main attractions was the independence of the Reds. I once said that where the Greens are like a pack of dogs (I mean that in the best possible way!), the Reds are more like free-roaming cats. IE the Greens spend a lot of time together, talking to each other, helping each other out, etc. The Reds come together and talk and debate and do stuff together, but we don't live in each others pockets. I like that. I'm not a live-in-my-friends-pockets type of person. I think we're all Introverts, I suppose! lol ... some with much stronger Extrovert traits than others, but still. The Reds understand that need for space. It's an amazingly liberating feeling to realise (for someone like me) that you can have a "family" on here who completely gets and allows that.